https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PowmKN0j78c
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Re: The Evil Within 2 E3 Interviews [Updated]

Postby Morir es vivir » Jun 13, 2017 7:46 pm

So Moebious created yet another world within STEM called "Union" using Lily?, Crazy.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Autoignition » Jun 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby liontamer » Jun 14, 2017 1:24 am

GameSpot sat down with Pete Hines to discuss The Evil Within 2. Nothing new or noteworthy here, but I thought I'd share it anyway, for anyone interested:

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-evi ... 0-6439417/
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 14, 2017 3:38 pm

liontamer wrote:GameSpot sat down with Pete Hines to discuss The Evil Within 2. Nothing new or noteworthy here, but I thought I'd share it anyway, for anyone interested:

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-evi ... 0-6439417/

Added. Thanks a bunch!
Rikitatsu

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 14, 2017 6:27 pm

There was an interview with Pete Hines & John Johanas (director) on the Playstation Twitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHc6pRu14cw

^90% of the panel is there, found the rest on Playstation's official stream but it's not much more after that.

Here's the interesting bits:

-John comments they put in a lot of effort to the characters and story this time around, you'll really see an evolution in the characters. We have a much more broken Sebastian here who is living off of a drive that's his last chance to get his life back together.

-John comments that the psychological elements in the horror is much stronger this time around. There will still be some jump scares and more grotesque horror, but there's a bigger focus on the psychological horror this time around.

-They saw people's reaction to enjoying the story in the DLC more and took that as a launching pad to go for a deeper narrative and psychological approach this time around.

-John mentions balance is everything in survival-horror. They didn't sacrifice item management and limited resources for big action set-pieces, the focus is on exploring this world, sometimes barely getting by, collecting and readying yourself for the next struggle.

-A horror game can't be terrifying non-stop obviously, there's a lot of breaks in moods. They focus on the balance of the horror and other moments to be interesting between the horror. Mentions this sort of balance is important for all games, but especially important for horror games.

-Talk a bit about weapons, mentions handgun, shotgun for shooting options and there's more, mentions the Crossbow is back for more tactical battle options, and mentions stealth is still present (and implies improved), you can sneak past enemies, try to run away from them, come up from behind to stealth kill them, and mentions they focused to have more focus on allowing people to tackle situations in different ways to suit their style of play in the sequel.

-On Western and Eastern Horror, John mentions that most of the developers are Japanese so there is that sort of ingrained Japanese look at horror, but mentions that the original game almost had sort of a European theming to its locations and style. This time the main setting is an American town, and they've looked to sort of more go into a direction focused on an American small town. However, John comments there's things they haven't shown yet that may go in "a very different direction" in what sort of horror focus it has and maybe a different part of the world, is all he will say.

-Pete mentions one of the most fun parts for him personally working with Tango is their meetings, they have very different meetings compared to the other studios Bethesda works with. Pete mentions most studio meetings end with, "Here's some art/gameplay/screenshots," but the stuff that Tango comes up with is bizzare, so Pete can't say too much but does say they don't seem to tap the well dry with some of the stuff they've come up with for the sequel. They're very creative in what they come up with for monsters, scene ideas, locations, and the like.

-John comments he's been a survival-horror fan since he was a kid, both horror movies and horror games, and he loves the feelings that horror games provide, the feeling at times of not wanting to play but wanting to play. Afraid to die, but attached to the character and world.

-John mentions sometimes the scariest thing can be nothing, a closed door can be more terrifying than just a monster, and Tango wants to not just make things always relentless.
Dusk Golem

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Thanks dusk, added!

Regarding locations, I sincerely hope Union won't take up the bulk of the game, I hope we see similar variety to the first game, but with less random progression.
Rikitatsu

Postby Morir es vivir » Jun 14, 2017 6:46 pm

I wan't the game sooo bad :(
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Thanks dusk, added!

Regarding locations, I sincerely hope Union won't take up the bulk of the game, I hope we see similar variety to the first game, but with less random progression.

Going by what's been said in interviews, I don't think you have much to worry about. In the Twitch interview, they asked Pete the question that the original game had a lot of locations, will this game have such a variety? Pete begins to answer, "Oh yeah, there's even more..." But then cuts himself off I think realizing he shouldn't say that, then just says there's a, "Healthy Diversity" of locations in the game. And then John here today hints that although the American Town is the focus right now, there's things we haven't seen that go to a very different place. So I'm not worried.

Morir es vivir wrote:I wan't the game sooo bad :(

If it means anything, the game is only 121 days away from release!
Dusk Golem

Previous

Return to News and Updates