New Blog Post: "13 Things You Need to Know About TEW2"

(Latest news and updates)

New Blog Post: "13 Things You Need to Know About TEW2"

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Bethesda has released a new blog post titled "13 Things You Need to Know About The Evil Within 2", it talks a bit about some gameplay and story details, including "resonance points", side objectives, and even the name of the black preacher in the trailer: Theodore. Check it out in the link below!

Bethesda Blog Post
Rikitatsu

Re: New Blog Post: "13 Things You Need to Know About TEW2"

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 15, 2017 7:41 pm

The communicator can be used to track down mission objectives

Ooof, that stung...

I hope it's implementation is not as obnoxious as I think it is.

Please don't have objective markers or mini-maps... plz plz
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Jun 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:

Ooof, that stung...

that better be "disable" option I refuse to use it.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 15, 2017 8:17 pm

ghostcall wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:

Ooof, that stung...

that better be "disable" option I refuse to use it.

Self Imposed restrictions rarely work. Assuming you can disable those things, It'll likely just make the game more frustrating... For example, what if the objective cannot be reached without following the marker? Like, some obscure paper or something beneath a table.

I hope 'mission objective' is just some text inside your communicator like "Explore the museum" or something.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jun 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Judging from the way Johanas talks about it, it kind of reminds me of the way sidequests worked in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. You used your phone to track down distortions and disturbances, but there were no objective markers or anything. The phone would just react when you were close to something important. That kind of looks like what's happening in the screenshot of Sebastian standing in front of that shadowy projection of Lily; he picked something up with the communicator and is fiddling with it to see what he needs to do there.

If they wanted to encourage exploration, that would be the way to do it. Force the player to scour every inch of the map for what they want, not knowing what they may run into on the way.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 15, 2017 10:52 pm

I was wondering if I was the only one reminded of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories with the memory thing, I know it was in Evil Within 1 but the way it's tackled in the sequel really reminds me of how Shattered Memories did it, I think it helps from what we've seen it's a shadow of a little girl and you now use a device for it like how Harry used his cellphone in SH:SM.

So we have Murder Masters it seems, a few different murderers who have laid claim to parts of Union and control some of the monsters. Stefanos and his pet Obscura are the two main ones (and spelling confirmed to be Obscura now), but a second murderer named Theodore also named we'll learn about later. Seems you have to defeat these guys as the big bosses. A bit video game-y, but I'm okay with it. Also seems there's other more regular people in there that are part of Mobius. Also facing Sebastian's inner demons and things from himself is confirmed part of the game (though was already pretty obvious from the trailer, and I'm telling you the return to Beacon Mental Hospital and facing Laura is related to Sebastian's obsession with his first experience now).

There's a few things which give off light "Hmmmnnn" response from me, I hope the side-quest are decent. I think they could end up being fun or dull depending. My favorite side quest in a horror game actually came from Silent Hill games but surprisingly Downpour most of all, which mostly had you stumbling upon open buildings and coming across something strange to solve or explore. They make it sound like a universal good to go for sidequest but I hope there's more risk and original situations to experience for partaking in them even if they're not part of the main story. Guess we'll see.

And hoping there's a way you never have to be forced to use the objective thing, I played the original Evil Within with all the HUD turned off and I loved it like that. Don't want to have mission objectives even if the levels are bigger this time, you can bet I'm exploring every nook and cranny.

Randomized item placement depends on how it's tackled, I liked it in Chapter 9 of the original game though but hoping it doesn't mean a big influx of supplies. I'm going to be exploring a lot TEW2 so I'm a bit afraid I'm going to end up being a tank since I'm going to partake in every side quest I already know.
Last edited by Dusk Golem on Jun 16, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dusk Golem

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Dusk Golem wrote: They make it sound like a universal good to go for sidequest but I hope there's more risk and original situations to experience for partaking in them even if they're not part of the main story. Guess we'll see.

Aye, I want to play all the side quests but at the same time I don't want to get overpowered from doing them and steamroll the rest of the main game.
Rikitatsu

Postby gmc1992 » Jun 16, 2017 3:02 pm

I think theodore might be the head of the cult from the first game since you see the insignia in the gameplay trailer in some areas
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Autoignition » Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Aye, I want to play all the side quests but at the same time I don't want to get overpowered from doing them and steamroll the rest of the main game.

With Mikami-san being super hands-on about encounters, pacing, and resource management, I think we'll be okay.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Morir es vivir » Jun 16, 2017 3:35 pm

There's a 14th fact i need to know, is Katakai art director again?. The games atmosphear looks beautiful from what i've seen but i would like to know anyways, although i don't believe there could be an answer any time soon.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Next

Return to News and Updates