Recording of the TEW2 panel from E3'17

(Latest news and updates)

Recording of the TEW2 panel from E3'17

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 22, 2017 3:07 am

A user on Youtube managed to film a part of the TEW2 panel from E3, the panel features John Johanas (Director) and Trent Hagga (Writer), plus a video message from Shinji Mikami... Snippits of new gameplay can be seen throughout the video.

The Evil Within 2 E3'17 Panel (Off-Screen)
Rikitatsu

Re: Recording of the TEW2 panel from E3'17

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 22, 2017 3:17 am

The blue text from the Youtuber lacks accuracy, for example John was a Game Designer on the 1st game, not a Visual Effects designer... And we will see some returning enemies considering we saw Reborn Laura in the trailer.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jun 22, 2017 3:45 am

GOD THAT BLUE TEXT IS SO ANNOYING. It's even more frustrating when one or both of the guys on the stage just flat-out contradicts the crap that the video maker put over the screen.

Trent I see you confirming Joseph's existence. "Dead or disappeared." Joseph's the only one who disappeared.

John come here let me kiss your face, you're 2cute.

Hyped to learn about the strat guide, though.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 22, 2017 9:32 am

Is it me, or did John imply there are other monsters under Stefano besides Obscura?
Considering that each 'Villain' has his own "domain" (aka stage) in STEM/Union City, I'm starting to think that each of them will have their own set of enemies themed around them.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jun 22, 2017 11:26 am

He certainly did! It's making me think that this game is going to be a lot longer than we realize.

By saying this, John also (accidentally) confirmed my theory about Ruvik being in the trailer, even if he isn't seen. That's not Sebastian's memories conjuring Laura's image. It's Ruvik. The bosses are specific to the villain that manifested them.

Jeez. There's a lot going on in this game already. FOUR antagonists (Stefano, Theodore, Mobius, Ruvik). Even TEW1, with all of its crazy overlapping storyline bullshit, only had two villains.
Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 23, 2017 1:23 am

Considering the nature of TEW2's levels (open, lots of exploration and side missions) It'll probably be shorter than TEW1 if you simply go from point A to B, following the main story and not bothering to explore around.

I'll be pleasently surprised if the main storyline is as long as TEW1's.

I can see it being much longer than TEW1 if you're the kind of guy that explores every nook and cranny.
Rikitatsu

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Just for the record, there is a huge chance Evil Within 2 is a lot longer than I think people may think. In the E3 trailer and gameplay trailer we see a total of monsters that equals to about 3/4th the total number of monster types that were in the original game, but we see far fewer areas (most we see are from the same 2-3 locations and most of the shots happen before Sebastian gets the Agony Crossbow and many even before he gets the shotgun), yet there's apparently a lot they haven't wanted to show us yet.

When Pete was asked the question in an interview if there were a lot of different locations like the original game, Pete begins to respond, "Oh yeah, there's even more than the original-", but then cuts himself off I think realizing he shouldn't reveal that, and just responds there's a "healthy diversity." John in an interview clues in that the "American Small Town of Union" we're seeing right now isn't the only hub world in the game and there might be some dramatically different locations in the game regionally outside of the American settings we haven't seen yet when asked about Evil Within Eastern and Western horror.

Also in the video this topic is about, the guy puts in the blue text and mentions in the comments when someone asks that some things in the text were from later in the panel when his sd card ran out but at the panel later in they mention Evil Within 2 is longer and has more monsters, locations, etc., than the original game (which was already a pretty long game...). So it's sounding like Evil Within 2 might be rather massive, plus with there being some new more open locations.
Dusk Golem

Postby Autoignition » Jun 23, 2017 1:27 pm

You know what else caught my ear in this video? When the interviewer asked if Sebastian would be alone the whole time/could expect any kind of back-up in STEM at any point in the game, and Trent and John both kind of reared back and were like "UH..." and John said they couldn't spoil the whole game. Pair that with the tidbit of John saying that Mobius has already exhausted their pool of grunts to send into STEM before him, and it makes me think that Sebastian's back-up will be a returning character.

As much as I'd like it to be Joseph or even Myra, how wild would it be if it was Ruvik? Ruvik made it pretty clear in the first game that his villainy towards Sebastian wasn't anything personal; he may not even dislike the guy (though Seb certainly hates him). And I imagine he's just been sitting and stewing for the last three years, trying to figure out how to enact his revenge on Mobius. He might notice Seb in STEM and see him as an "in," then pull a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" act on him. Offer to save/revive Lily for him in exchange for the satisfaction of killing every person in Mobius himself -- though that may also include Kidman, Myra, or even Joseph. And then Seb has a really big decision to make.

Whew, that would be fucking nutso. This is why I shouldn't post wild, rampant speculation theories before noon. :lol:
Autoignition

Postby Kimurion » Jun 23, 2017 5:45 pm

[There is nothing on the forum guidelines about what you have to do when you first register so I assume I can dive right into the discussions. Sorry if I overlooked something and I'm breaking rules by posting directly or something.]

Autoignition wrote:Jeez. There's a lot going on in this game already. FOUR antagonists (Stefano, Theodore, Mobius, Ruvik). Even TEW1, with all of its crazy overlapping storyline bullshit, only had two villains.

That get me worried. I fear that if there is too many vilains then the ones we'll see won't have enough room to shine. I mean I really liked the whole stuff with Ruvik in the first game, so I wanted him back for the sequel but then I thought about the new vilains ( for now, Stefano and Theodore ) and if Ruvik is back he'll take too much room and I fear these new vilains won't be able to shine as much as they could have if Ruvik wasn't there.

Autoignition wrote:Trent I see you confirming Joseph's existence. "Dead or disappeared." Joseph's the only one who disappeared.

Isn't Joseph dead? I know in the end of Sebastian's campaign you can hear his heart beat and he gets dragged away by Mobius agents, so he's alive. But the Keeper dlc happens after the main story and the Keeper very much kills Joseph, it's also confirmed by the agent who talks to him and informs him that his daughter's memories degradation is slowing down because of his latest kill ( Joseph ). So I feel like I'm missing something here cause for me he's dead. It seems like everybody knows something I don't lol.
Kimurion

Steam: Kimurion

Postby Autoignition » Jun 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Welcome to the forums, Kimurion!

Kimurion wrote:That get me worried. I fear that if there is too many vilains then the ones we'll see won't have enough room to shine. I mean I really liked the whole stuff with Ruvik in the first game, so I wanted him back for the sequel but then I thought about the new vilains ( for now, Stefano and Theodore ) and if Ruvik is back he'll take too much room and I fear these new vilains won't be able to shine as much as they could have if Ruvik wasn't there.

The good news is that Ruvik (and Mobius, really) can just jump into the story of TEW2 with no setup or fanfare, because we already know who they are and what they want. Theodore seems to tie into the Elk River cult that Kidman's family was a part of, so he won't need anything huge by the way of introductions, either. I think there should be enough room in the game to reasonably accommodate all four villains; I'm just surprised that the devs are being so ambitious.

Isn't Joseph dead? I know in the end of Sebastian's campaign you can hear his heart beat and he gets dragged away by Mobius agents, so he's alive. But the Keeper dlc happens after the main story and the Keeper very much kills Joseph, it's also confirmed by the agent who talks to him and informs him that his daughter's memories degradation is slowing down because of his latest kill ( Joseph ). So I feel like I'm missing something here cause for me he's dead. It seems like everybody knows something I don't lol.

When Bethesda streamed The Executioner DLC the day before its release, Matt Grandstaff asked John Johanas about the story and how it ties in with the rest of the game, and Johanas said that the concepts behind The Executioner are canon (the idea of STEM eroding will/memories), but the actual events that take place are not.

After The Executioner actually released, someone on Twitter asked Johanas about Joseph's status and whereabouts considering what happened to him in that DLC, and his response was, "With all the ridiculous situations [in The Executioner DLC], maybe I wouldn't go crazy thinking about it."

So, basically, toss what happens to Joseph in The Executioner out of your brainspace. It's just fanfiction, really.
Autoignition

Next

Return to News and Updates