The Evil Within 2 "Survive" Gameplay Trailer

(Latest news and updates)

Postby dan76 » Jul 19, 2017 10:26 am

Bethesda has released a new trailer for The Evil Within, titled "Survive"... It shows snippets of gameplay and some cutscenes. Check it out below!

Trailer: "Survive" Gameplay Trailer | Credit: dan76
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Re: New The Evil Within 2 Screenshots [UPDATED: 7/18]

Postby Rousseau » Jul 19, 2017 12:59 pm

dan76 wrote:Hide and stealth.

Yeah, I thought the same but on reflection I think they're just trying to showcase the more aggressive stealth style - I liked the corner stealth kill from cover in the trailer.

I'm not 100% sold on the visual style. It seems to be using a lot fewer post-processing filters than the original, which is a shame because those filters gave the first game a really distinctive look. Maybe they've had to remove them to get the engine to run better (assuming they're using the same engine).

Is the building we see at 00:49 beacon hospital?
Rousseau

Re: The Evil Within 2 Announced! Release Date and Media

Postby berto » Jul 19, 2017 1:10 pm

phpBB [video]
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby Autoignition » Jul 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Okay I merged all the posts together that were scattered in other threads but I feel like I still hecked this up somehow so I'm just going to wait for Riki to get on and help me. :( I'm still new to this modding thing you guys, I'm gomen.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Re: The Evil Within 2 "Survive" Gameplay Trailer

Postby Dusk Golem » Jul 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Did an analysis of the new Survive Trailer: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39553&p=48611#p48611
Dusk Golem

Postby Autoignition » Jul 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Okay now that I'm home I have some thoughts about this trailer. I kind of hate it. And I take back what I said last night about the characters looking good; they look like shit. Sebastian looks like shit. If I want to keep up my Yakuza comparisons, someone needs to tell me how a game that came out a year earlier and which sports a way larger open world (I refuse to believe that Union is bigger than the combined sizes of Kamurocho and Hiroshima) and a way bigger cast of characters has its protagonist looking like this:

While TEW2 thinks it can get away with jobbing around and coming out with a trailer wherein Sebastian looks like fucking this:

Holy shit, this game is a visual mess of a nightmare. And I'm not sure I could hate Seb's new voice actor more if I tried.

I'm also starting to really resent Lily thanks to these trailers. Ugh.

The good news is that I had a similar relationship with TEW1 prior to release. It got announced, I was super hype, the first trailers came out, I was super hype, but the more of the game they showed off, the more I started to fall into the mindset of "this is going to be a goddamn piece of shit isn't it." And then the game actually came out and I loved it, so. :lol: Hopefully its successor has the same effect.
Autoignition

Re: Re: New The Evil Within 2 Screenshots [UPDATED: 7/18]

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 19, 2017 4:34 pm

New "survive" trailer is up.

https://youtu.be/XCmscJkha34

This looks like the dlc. Hide and stealth. This trailer did nothing for me, I fact I'm a bit more worried now.

I edited your post, I hope you don't mind!

And I wouldn't worry, Sebastian had a weapon in every stealth scene in this trailer, so it's not like those are forced stealth segments... It's just that... Bethesda WANTS to make you feel it's stealth, and like I said before, they did the same with the first game. The first thing they showed of TEW1 was Ch.1's Sadist hide and seek portion. And in the trailers that followed, combat was rarely a focus.

Okay now that I'm home I have some thoughts about this trailer. I kind of hate it. And I take back what I said last night about the characters looking good; they look like shit. Sebastian looks like shit. If I want to keep up my Yakuza comparisons, someone needs to tell me how a game that came out a year earlier and which sports a way larger open world (I refuse to believe that Union is bigger than the combined sizes of Kamurocho and Hiroshima) and a way bigger cast of characters has its protagonist looking like this:

Auto, you will go crazy if you compare the 3D models with Yakuza... Yakuza has literally the best character 3D models in the industry, even better than the likes of Naughty Dog. Every game will lose when you start comparing them to it.

I think Seb looks fine, not 'bad' in any sense. He looks like his first game model, which was pretty good... I don't care for his beardless mug though!

Isn't it funny how I get positive when you get cynical and vice versa? It's like we trying to balance the vibes around here :lol:

All in all, the trailer was pretty good... Shows how much the stealth was improved, plus new weapons... And trip wire traps.
Rikitatsu

Re: Re: New The Evil Within 2 Screenshots [UPDATED: 7/18]

Postby Autoignition » Jul 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Auto, you will go crazy if you compare the 3D models with Yakuza... Yakuza has literally the best character 3D models in the industry, even better than the likes of Naughty Dog. Every game will lose when you start comparing them to it.

Hmm I might have to fight you on that. Yakuza 6 is gorgeous, and Kazuma Kiryu might actually be the hottest man ever put in video games, but in terms of visual fidelity, I think Nathan Drake in Uncharted 4 has him beat. TLoU2, from what little they've shown off so far, looks better than Yakuza IMO. I might hate the games that modern day Naughty Dog puts out, but they're still kings when it comes to making their games beautiful.

Isn't it funny how I get positive when you get cynical and vice versa? It's like we trying to balance the vibes around here :lol:

:lol: One thing I will say is that the gameplay looks fun as all heck. Even if the story and the visuals and the acting are all really leaving a bad taste in my mouth, I look at these trailers and I know that, at the very least, I'm going to be playing a fun game in October. It's going to be a blast to play, even if the whole game as a packaged experience doesn't live up to expectations.
Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Actually I don't think that Kazuma's 3D model should be the standard, the side characters in Yakuza look more human like than Kazuma (and by extension: Drake), have you seen Beat Takashi in Y6? Looks cray

TLoU2 is a tech demo until proven otherwise... I think even they admitted it's just "in-engine"
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jul 19, 2017 5:59 pm

I pulled Kiryu just because he's the protagonist, so I felt it was the most fair to use him in a comparison against Sebastian. Though the reason he doesn't look as photorealistic as Takashi-san for instance is because he doesn't actually have a face model. He's like the artistic representation of idealized masculinity in Japan. Which is also probably why I'm so attracted to him, honestly. :lol: Real men don't look like that.
Autoignition

Next

Return to News and Updates