Shinji Mikami: TEW2 "Closer to RE1", New Screenshots

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Shinji Mikami: TEW2 "Closer to RE1", New Screenshots

Postby dan76 » Aug 11, 2017 6:18 am

Mikami seems to be saying all the right things. An RE1 game that plays like TEW. Yikes.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 11, 2017 9:43 pm

Dusk Golem wrote:For why it's more like Resident Evil 1 than 4, he mentions there's a lot more downtime, atmosphere, exploration, and back-tracking in TEW2 than 1, but there's more to it than even that but says he's keeping the rest of that a secret for now.

Interesting that he didn't bring up puzzles when comparing to RE1....
To be honest, after TEW1's puzzles, I won't be miffed if they didn't include any in TEW2. The puzzles were barely puzzling. If they're not gonna bother making well done ones, might as well not do them at all... At least it won't be pointless busywork on subsequent playthroughs.
Rikitatsu

Postby akoron17 » Aug 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Dusk Golem wrote:For why it's more like Resident Evil 1 than 4, he mentions there's a lot more downtime, atmosphere, exploration, and back-tracking in TEW2 than 1, but there's more to it than even that but says he's keeping the rest of that a secret for now.

Interesting that he didn't bring up puzzles when comparing to RE1....
To be honest, after TEW1's puzzles, I won't be miffed if they didn't include any in TEW2. The puzzles were barely puzzling. If they're not gonna bother making well done ones, might as well not do them at all... At least it won't be pointless busywork on subsequent playthroughs.

That works for me, I appreciate survival horror gameplay more then the puzzles inside it. Puzzles are still a plus if they're well done. All I care for is the open, sandbox levels that requires backtracking and the atmosphere around it.
akoron17

Favorite Title: REmake
PSN: chriskilla10
XBL: ChrisHawk101
Wii U: None
Steam: akoronthebastard

Previous

Return to News and Updates