Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDATED]

(Latest news and updates)

Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDATED]

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am

Hands-On Previews for The Evil Within 2 are popping up from Gamescom's Press Day, we will update this thread with all the latest preview so be sure to check here often.

Previews:
Techradar | Metro.co.uk | Gamespot | IGN | PCGamer | Yahoo! | Gamesradar | Shacknews | Rock Paper Shotgun | Gameinformer | Engadget | VG247 | Rely on Horror
Rikitatsu

Re: Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDAT

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 22, 2017 11:20 am

Seems like the demo can only be completed in stealth... lame. Bethesda's "HEY, LOOK! THIS IS NOT AN ACTION GAME AT ALL!!" marketing has been getting on my nerves for a while.

At least the booth looks awesome

phpBB [video]
Rikitatsu

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 22, 2017 7:19 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/22/the-evil- ... s-6871656/

preview from metro

what really bugged me about this is how they complained about not only the graphics which is better than low framerates and bugs is that the game isnt scary, tew wasnt meant to be scary it was supposed to be intense and having to think on your feet and conserve your ammo, they should just play outlast or those other indie games
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Autoignition » Aug 22, 2017 8:19 pm

you can farm defeated enemies for health-restoring ‘green gel’ and other items.

Oh, and you can also restore all your health in one by drinking a cup of the world’s slowest percolating coffee.

... I hate this.

They're really not wrong about the graphics, though. I keep telling you guys...
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 22, 2017 9:43 pm

And that's why everyone should start on Nightmare. There is a reason it's unlocked from the get-go, and that Johanas recommends it for those who played TEW1.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that this journalist had a brain fart, green gel is the leveling up currency. Why the hell would it heal you too? Might as well not have medical supplies drop from enemies... This sounds hilariously broken, which is why I believe it might be a mistake by the writer.

As for graphics, it's pretty clear from the videos that it's a big step up from the first game technically. Artistically tho? I'll reserve my judgement until we see a new environment.

Glad to hear that FPS is solid.

EDIT: Does the game have a chapter system or no? Too many conflicting reports...
Rikitatsu

Postby akoron17 » Aug 23, 2017 1:24 am

Rikitatsu wrote:And that's why everyone should start on Nightmare. There is a reason it's unlocked from the get-go, and that Johanas recommends it for those who played TEW1.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that this journalist had a brain fart, green gel is the leveling up currency. Why the hell would it heal you too? Might as well not have medical supplies drop from enemies... This sounds hilariously broken, which is why I believe it might be a mistake by the writer.

As for graphics, it's pretty clear from the videos that it's a big step up from the first game technically. Artistically tho? I'll reserve my judgement until we see a new environment.

EDIT: Does the game have a chapter system or no? Too many conflicting reports...

The guy also said that the matches from the last game were used to burn enemies before they come back to life, and apparently the enemies didn't come back alive in this one. Did they play the original game? That never happened. Matches were used to burn nearby enemies that were still alive. There was no crimson head mechanic
akoron17

Favorite Title: REmake
PSN: chriskilla10
XBL: ChrisHawk101
Wii U: None
Steam: akoronthebastard

Postby liontamer » Aug 23, 2017 2:27 am

akoron17 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:And that's why everyone should start on Nightmare. There is a reason it's unlocked from the get-go, and that Johanas recommends it for those who played TEW1.

The guy also said that the matches from the last game were used to burn enemies before they come back to life, and apparently the enemies didn't come back alive in this one. Did they play the original game? That never happened. Matches were used to burn nearby enemies that were still alive. There was no crimson head mechanic

Exactly. To me that took away a lot of credibility from the article. So far I'm only accepting things that are concrete.
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby ghostcall » Aug 23, 2017 4:37 am

just 2 previews?

when are others coming in?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 23, 2017 10:30 am

ghostcall wrote:just 2 previews?

when are others coming in?

quakecon is tomorrow so we might see more then
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby SutterCane » Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

The Metro hands on is a bit shoddy and unreliable but it does make it sound like TEW2 is going to start similarly to the first one, in that you are empty handed and have to run from a sadist like enemy before the game gives you all the fun stuff. Hope that's the writers mistake because that's something I would've loved to see changed from the first game.

Gotta agree with gmc1992 about not playing these games for set piece scares but for the long term tension inflicted by the mechanics.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Next

Return to News and Updates