Re: Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDAT

Postby ghostcall » Aug 24, 2017 1:38 am

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 24, 2017 2:04 am

Oh god, a detective mode? John, WTF have you done?! :(
Apparently the game also takes control away from you when it tries to scare you, just like the first game...

These previews man... Oof.
Rikitatsu

Postby liontamer » Aug 24, 2017 2:14 am

I wish they talked a bit more about what they actually liked. Detective mode or whatever it's called sounds horrible. I can't believe someone came up with that idea for a survival-horror game.

*sigh*.
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 24, 2017 2:20 am

liontamer wrote:I wish they talked a bit more about what they actually liked. Detective mode or whatever it's called sounds horrible. I can't believe someone came up with that idea for a survival-horror game.

*sigh*.

It's terrible in every genre. I mean, if it contains a bit of puzzle gameplay like trying to line up the mobius logo in the DLC, then it might be somewhat acceptable... But if you just walk around doing nothing but looking for 'clues' like most games, then screw it. The game doesn't really need more filler...
Rikitatsu

Postby liontamer » Aug 24, 2017 2:34 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
liontamer wrote:I wish they talked a bit more about what they actually liked. Detective mode or whatever it's called sounds horrible. I can't believe someone came up with that idea for a survival-horror game.

*sigh*.

It's terrible in every genre. I mean, if it contains a bit of puzzle gameplay like trying to line up the mobius logo in the DLC, then it might be somewhat acceptable... But if you just walk around doing nothing but looking for 'clues' like most games, then screw it. The game doesn't really need more filler...

It definitely doesn't belong in the game if it's extremely basic. I'd accept it if some sort of puzzle-solving is implemented into it, but I'm still worried about it... Maybe there's much more to it though.

Also, I thought it was interesting that the first pistol that you pick up in the demo is loaded with a single bullet. This might be a nice little indication as to how the game will deal with it's resources, in terms of the survival aspect of it... Maybe.

I'm also thinking we won't have to wait long now for some more detailed information (hopefully).
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 24, 2017 3:34 am

Finally some good vibes http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/24/ ... good-thing (Thanks liontamer!)

Tatiana is back!! :D :D :D
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Aug 24, 2017 5:29 am

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby dan76 » Aug 24, 2017 6:57 am

It seems like the early chapters of the game are heavily scripted... I really hope this calms down. Taking control away from the player to scare them in a cutscene is lame. I'll allow it once at the start but after that they had better not keep pulling that dumb trick.

So far this isn't sounding too great. I'd have loved a revamped save system rather than having to travel back through a mirror with it's own scripting / cutscenes. The typewriter and ink ribbon is the best save system for any survival horror game, simple, easy but weighs heavily on the players choices. Just do that!

Scripting, scripting, scripting. It gets really old fast. Just give us an open area to explore, objectives and multiple ways if achieving those objectives like the best chapters from the first game.
dan76

PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 24, 2017 10:48 am

judging from the ign demo it looks like theodore doesnt have as big a role as we thought which kinda sucks, hopefully later the game gets less scripted >:(
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates