Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDATED]

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDAT

Postby dan76 » Aug 24, 2017 5:21 pm

A quote from the PCgamer article:
Doing so nets me a laser-sighted pistol and a stockpile of gunpowder

Yay! I always prefer this way of aiming. Pretty good write up.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Autoignition » Aug 24, 2017 8:18 pm

THERE'S SO MUCH TO LIKE IN THESE PREVIEWS WHERE IS THE FUCKIN HYPE TRAIN IN THIS THREAD

From the IGN article:

+ Tats returning
+ Kitty cat returning
+ Clair de motherfuckin Lune returning

Though the cowards at Bethesda still refuse to show me Joseph. Like, come on. You're going to bring back Tatiana and the save kitty and then honestly expect us to believe that Joseph and Ruvik won't also be there? BETHESDA. COWARDS. FIGHT ME.

From the video of that German guy that ghostcall posted:

+ DODGE MECHANIC CONFIRMED
+ The save room is Sebastian's fucking office holy shit

Here's what I need to know right the fuck now: when I go into Seb's office to save, can I play with the kitty? Why was this not addressed by literally every journalist who played the demo? Come on, Bethesda. Don't let yourselves get shown up by Sega. Give me kitty downtime.

From the Games Radar article:

+ file-based storytelling returning
+ awesome artistic narrative moments involving the cinematic bars forcing themselves onto the screen whenever TEW2 hearkens back to TEW1

That Games Radar article honestly gave me this weird feeling about the story. Like, a good weird. Like, a subtle rustle in the jimmies feeling, where something is just off with my equilibrium and I have this stirring in my bones.

I'm going whole hog on the theory that Lily is a bait-and-switch and really died in the fire, and the true core of STEM in TEW2 is Sebastian himself.

You all owe me $50 if this turns out to be true. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

MOTHERFUCKIN CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby akoron17 » Aug 24, 2017 8:22 pm

I think everyone should chill out a bit. They only talked about the first few chapters which are bound to be scripted. The other one they said was supposed to be open. I think we're honestly fine...right now. If we get more linear ones later then you can freak out. Right now, we have barely any info to judge.
akoron17

Favorite Title: REmake
PSN: chriskilla10
XBL: ChrisHawk101
Wii U: None
Steam: akoronthebastard

Postby liontamer » Aug 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Autoignition wrote:I'm going whole hog on the theory that Lily is a bait-and-switch and really died in the fire, and the true core of STEM in TEW2 is Sebastian himself.

You all owe me $50 if this turns out to be true. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

MOTHERFUCKIN CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Isn't it amazing that we talked about this very scenario a couple of weeks ago? :lol: It's so f*cking exciting, man. I would never have believed that they'd actually go there.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Autoignition » Aug 24, 2017 8:36 pm

liontamer wrote:Isn't it amazing that we talked about this very scenario a couple of weeks ago? :lol: It's so f*cking exciting, man. I would never have believed that they'd actually go there.

And I pulled that out of my ass at the time. That was a Hail Mary so desperate and far-fetched that even Aaron Rodgers would be impressed.

There are three things with this story that I'm waiting on confirmation for (the bait-and-switch theory is one of them -- the other two are Joseph working to track down Ruvik in the real world for Mobius, and confirmation that Tatiana has secretly gone rogue similar to the way Kidman has), and if all three of these things turn out to be true, I will officially consider myself to be the Johanas whisperer. :lol: I called Myra's appearance in The Consequence long before the DLC ever came out. Let's see how good I am at predicting the script moving forward. :twisted:
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2017 3:13 am

ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2017 3:16 am

omg there is leaked footage of gameplay demo 0_0

spoilers

phpBB [video]

Edit: and it was taken down.....

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by ghostcall on Aug 25, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghostcall

Postby SutterCane » Aug 25, 2017 3:18 am

Dude you just beat me to it! Too damn excited.

Melee finishers are in against enemies that are near dead anyway, or so it appears. Crafting looks more complex than previews lead me to believe, better implemented than I imagined too. Ammo looked scarce but not too scarce. Scripting looked really minimal, 8 minutes until you get a gun and are let loose. Stealth barely changed, which I consider good.

Did you check out that bottle info screen? They can be used to escape grabs with an upgrade, that's pretty cool.

Red Gel I guess for the special moves they talked about?

Graphics are mixed yeah but the art design is so captivating that I don't care, the whole thing looked like Stephen King if it were adapted by Guillermo del Toro. Lighting looked like it got sacrificed when he hit the open town segment, that's disappointing. The sound on the other hand was great. Seb's actor isn't as good. The town was too empty (of enemies) for my taste but it could fill up at some point or exist as a means to an end so I'm not too bothered. It looked too easy for Nightmare mode, hopefully there's a higher difficulty.

That bit near the end though,
if that's not too scripted but a hint of what we can expect as just a random event when exploring the town during gameplay
then I'm seriously impressed. So without going into too much detail some of my worst fears were realised but they aren't too bad or too numerous and there's more than enough good stuff that outweighs the bad. Written previews undersold it, this was such a relief to finally see.

Headshots aren't as good though.

The player himself was frustrating to watch, he skipped picking up a brand new pistol and it was right next to him. Don't think I'll be using that communicator myself, takes the fun out of exploring, he was like a slave to that thing.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby SutterCane » Aug 25, 2017 4:03 am

Autoignition wrote:
liontamer wrote:Isn't it amazing that we talked about this very scenario a couple of weeks ago? :lol: It's so f*cking exciting, man. I would never have believed that they'd actually go there.

And I pulled that out of my ass at the time. That was a Hail Mary so desperate and far-fetched that even Aaron Rodgers would be impressed.

There are three things with this story that I'm waiting on confirmation for (the bait-and-switch theory is one of them -- the other two are Joseph working to track down Ruvik in the real world for Mobius, and confirmation that Tatiana has secretly gone rogue similar to the way Kidman has), and if all three of these things turn out to be true, I will officially consider myself to be the Johanas whisperer. :lol: I called Myra's appearance in The Consequence long before the DLC ever came out. Let's see how good I am at predicting the script moving forward. :twisted:

I hope that's the plot because I like it and it's way better than the current premise taken at face value. Also gels with the
Shutter Island
being an influence.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2017 4:04 am

yeah, I agree with everything.

lack of enemies in more open area kinda made stealth a bit useless.

the voice tho sounded a bit like batman lol.
ghostcall

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates