Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDATED]

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Gamescom '17: The Evil Within 2 Hands-On Previews [UPDAT

Postby liontamer » Aug 25, 2017 5:17 am

I really want this game to be challenging. I think the player here is too focused on following the story objective, and maybe that's why he doesn't really face a real challenge in the video. He never actually reaches a point where stealth is not an option. I would have liked to seen some more shooting.

SutterCane wrote:Headshots aren't as good though.

I must have missed that because I skipped the dialogues and the cutscenes. Why do you feel so?

I think I really like the open approach that the game has taken, but at the same time, I'm concerned that it will reduce the overall constant tension of the game. When Seb was sipping his coffee, I realized how unlike the first game he isn't just constantly running ahead but has enough time to adjust to his surroundings and digest the story of the game. I actually like that, but again, I also want this game to feel tense. Maybe the video failed to highlight everything properly. In any case, I'm still excited for this game.

So glad Claire de Lune is back!
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 25, 2017 5:35 am

Added shitton of previews in the OP, check them out! Thanks ghostcall BTW!

Making a new post about the video (As well as a mirror since it got taken down)

EDIT: Shi- The video is corrupt :( Can't post a new thread without a working link for the video. If anyone has it downloaded, try uploading it on a site that's away from Bethesda's paws (No Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion)
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2017 7:55 am

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2017 8:21 am

ghostcall

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2017 12:15 pm

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 25, 2017 12:16 pm

the lengths bethesda are going to hide gameplay is ridiculous, its out in two months for christs sake
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby ghostcall » Aug 25, 2017 12:27 pm

gmc1992 wrote:the lengths bethesda are going to hide gameplay is ridiculous, its out in two months for christs sake

I know right?

they should have at least show some gameplay......
ghostcall

Postby SutterCane » Aug 25, 2017 2:15 pm

liontamer wrote:I really want this game to be challenging. I think the player here is too focused on following the story objective, and maybe that's why he doesn't really face a real challenge in the video. He never actually reaches a point where stealth is not an option. I would have liked to seen some more shooting.

SutterCane wrote:Headshots aren't as good though.

I must have missed that because I skipped the dialogues and the cutscenes. Why do you feel so?

I think I really like the open approach that the game has taken, but at the same time, I'm concerned that it will reduce the overall constant tension of the game. When Seb was sipping his coffee, I realized how unlike the first game he isn't just constantly running ahead but has enough time to adjust to his surroundings and digest the story of the game. I actually like that, but again, I also want this game to feel tense. Maybe the video failed to highlight everything properly. In any case, I'm still excited for this game.

So glad Claire de Lune is back!

Your first paragraph is what I mean by the city being a means to an end. There were so many opportunities that the player ignored, like that one haunted seen running around a corner. If he had followed I think there would have been some action. If the base mood in the city is somewhat chill then I'm fine with that, it's actually nice, it could be meant as simply a connection between serious gameplay rather than the meat of the game itself.

Headshots in the original covered the walls, the Haunted and Sebastian himself in darker red goo and the head came apart more filled with chunky head parts. The headshot here was more watery and the scenery wasn't touched by viscera.

Why take the gameplay down when it looked pretty good? Gah, so frustrating. It was annoying when Tatiana walked through the mirror and the guy had zero interest in following her. Maybe they don't want the first gameplay video released to be such tease.

One thing that stood out in hindsight was that dead bodies stayed around, in the original that makes sense because of the match mechanic but here it would be merely decorative. It's weird for game's these days to leave bodies in the game world after their death and this game has narrative reasons it could use as an excuse to clear them away too. If it is only decorative then it's great they made that choice for the ambience but I've a sneaking suspicion corpses might have value again.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby ghostcall » Sep 01, 2017 6:47 pm

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Previous

Return to News and Updates