40 Minutes of Leaked Gameplay from The Evil Within 2 Demo

(Latest news and updates)

Re: 40 Minutes of Leaked Gameplay from The Evil Within 2 Dem

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 26, 2017 5:41 am

I think we can all agree this is id tech 5 now. Pop-ins up the wazoo...

As for the controls, seems like it controls like TLoU, except when sprinting. where It goes back to something TEW1 like... Still hard to say...

I wish they didn't shy away from BGM all the time, though...
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Aug 26, 2017 6:02 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby REmake315 » Aug 26, 2017 8:38 am

Gameplay looks pretty cool! But i can't help but feel disappointed we are getting a linear chapter system again :\. Tho over all TEW2 looks very much improved in animation and graphics :O
REmake315

Favorite Title: REmake
PSN: Jbird315
XBL: None
Wii U: None
Steam: None

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 26, 2017 10:38 am

bout time we got some gameplay, now all we need is bethesda to upload this to their channel
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby ghostcall » Aug 26, 2017 1:23 pm

somebody re-posted the taken down leaked footage on youtube.
ghostcall

Postby akoron17 » Aug 26, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm going to be honest, I love a lot of things that I heard and saw. The atmosphere, scale, gameplay, openness, horror, etc. Although, there is something that is disappointing...there's a map with fucking waypoints! The prompts said that once you lock-in with the signal, it'll show up on the map. Why couldn't they just had the map and let us go with that? Nope! They have to cater to casuals with no brains! It really loses a sense of discovery if you know the main way to go, but I'll give them credit atleast they keep everything else a secret. It's still disappointing nonetheless. I hope they do something that keeps you wondering where to go.
akoron17

PSN: chriskilla10
XBL: ChrisHawk101
Steam: akoronthebastard

Postby Dusk Golem » Aug 26, 2017 6:55 pm

akoron17 wrote:I'm going to be honest, I love a lot of things that I heard and saw. The atmosphere, scale, gameplay, openness, horror, etc. Although, there is something that is disappointing...there's a map with fucking waypoints! The prompts said that once you lock-in with the signal, it'll show up on the map. Why couldn't they just had the map and let us go with that? Nope! They have to cater to casuals with no brains! It really loses a sense of discovery if you know the main way to go, but I'll give them credit atleast they keep everything else a secret. It's still disappointing nonetheless. I hope they do something that keeps you wondering where to go.

I'm hoping they keep what the original game had, which is the option to basically turn off every hud element. I played the original The Evil Within with every hud element turned off, including health, ammo, reticle, etc... And I loved it like that!

This is a bit too busy for me on screen, so hoping they give us options to turn off all the HUD elements again. Some I want to turn off far more than others though, like the map you mentioned.
Dusk Golem

Postby akoron17 » Aug 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Dusk Golem wrote:
akoron17 wrote:I'm going to be honest, I love a lot of things that I heard and saw. The atmosphere, scale, gameplay, openness, horror, etc. Although, there is something that is disappointing...there's a map with fucking waypoints! The prompts said that once you lock-in with the signal, it'll show up on the map. Why couldn't they just had the map and let us go with that? Nope! They have to cater to casuals with no brains! It really loses a sense of discovery if you know the main way to go, but I'll give them credit atleast they keep everything else a secret. It's still disappointing nonetheless. I hope they do something that keeps you wondering where to go.

This is a bit too busy for me on screen, so hoping they give us options to turn off all the HUD elements again. Some I want to turn off far more than others though, like the map you mentioned.

I would definitely disable the waypoints if that is an option. Waypoints are my least favorite thing in any game. Maybe hud elements too, that sounds really immersive. I'm considering it
akoron17

Postby ghostcall » Aug 27, 2017 5:42 pm

phpBB [video]

side mission
ghostcall

Postby akoron17 » Aug 27, 2017 7:58 pm

ghostcall wrote:
phpBB [video]

side mission

Ok, this is pretty damn sick. The waypoints seem to be a lot better knowing that they don't show up on the map until you get close enough. I also love that you're risking something going into a side quest. You don't know if it's going to make you sneak or waste precious resources. That helps it keep it from being forced into you. As long as it stays in side quests, I welcome it.
akoron17

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates