The Evil Within 2 side mission footage

(Latest news and updates)

The Evil Within 2 side mission footage

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Footage of a certain side mission has surfaced online, you can check it out below, though beware it might contain some slight spoilers.

Footage | Credit: ghostcall
Rikitatsu

Re: The Evil Within 2 side mission footage

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 27, 2017 10:07 pm

So it looks like we'd be phasing in and out of beacon throughout the game, as opposed to Beacon being a sort of a prologue.

Honestly if the side-missions are gonna be like this, I'd say bring them on!
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Aug 27, 2017 10:55 pm

I was in voice chat with a buddy of mine when I found this clip, and the noises I made were unholy. I think my buddy was really worried. :lol:

Easily the best piece of footage from the game so far. I'm so into it. I'm into the file that Seb found, I'm into the ghost design, I'm into the creepy singing.

Just wish Seb would engage in a little more shutting the fuck up.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby SutterCane » Aug 28, 2017 3:07 am

So good, and you keep your guns too by the looks of it so this could play very differently. That humming sounds so much like the lantern brains from Bloodborne that it has to be a deliberate nod. Her unique ability and that erratic movement are going to put so much focus on having to track her lullaby singing, I love that so much. It's very much in the same mindset as the invisible enemy design from the original.

This is a bit spoilery but early game stuff like this piques my curiosity, and it's paltry really.

I got way too much nostalgia from that end montage, it was a fun game to place all the locales from the blurry images. What was an especially cool twist on all the rapid images calling back to the first game was that one of the images was of the original area you first discover Laura and I believe that's her in human form in the new image. I guess it's too early to discuss plot but I thought it was interesting. Also a Ruvik clone flashed up so it's hard to imagine him not in the game now.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby Dusk Golem » Aug 28, 2017 4:32 am

I am extremely happy with this. I said this in another topic here, but I was hoping the side-quest wouldn't be just talk to a guy and do X of whatever. I mentioned Silent Hill Downpour, where the side quests in that game you kind of just stumble onto weird occurrences or mysteries and go through unique gameplay experiences, and they were by far the best part of the game.

The side quest shown here looks to be in a similar vein, and I couldn't be happier. I think not only does that sort of quest design fit brilliantly with horror game design, it just in general is far more interesting than most other side quest styles. It makes exploring fun to do and can keep you tense even when going for supplies in TEW case as if you go in blind, you never know what you might get.
Dusk Golem

Postby akoron17 » Aug 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Ok, this is pretty damn sick. The waypoints seem to be a lot better knowing that they don't show up on the map until you get close enough. I also love that you're risking something going into a side quest. You don't know if it's going to make you sneak or waste precious resources. That helps to keep it from being forced unto you. As long as it stays in side quests, I welcome it with open arms
akoron17

Favorite Title: REmake
PSN: chriskilla10
XBL: ChrisHawk101
Wii U: None
Steam: akoronthebastard

Postby ghostcall » Aug 29, 2017 5:08 pm

and Bethesda removed the video. :(
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby gmc1992 » Aug 29, 2017 6:08 pm

ghostcall wrote:and Bethesda removed the video. :(

:evil:
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 30, 2017 7:38 am

There's extended footage of the side mission here

phpBB [video]
Rikitatsu

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Not footage, but I was listening to some impressions from someone who played The Evil Within 2 at QuakeCon and they mentioned a side-quest in the first area I haven't seen/heard from anywhere else.

Apparently there's a train you can enter in the first part of Union, they entered one of the train cars and towards the back there was a lot of supplies, it looked like a trap but they went for it. Apparently it was a trap by Stefanos as he had a tripod set up there which triggered a huge flash and lured a lot of enemies to the location to fight and escape from the train on.

They also mention Stefano has a great characteristic of being always present despite not being there, you don't see him in Union but you see his cameras and tripods and can find traps by him in places he hopes to take pictures of people where they may die so he can catch it on film.
Dusk Golem

Next

Return to News and Updates