Youtubers Play The Evil Within 2 [Extended Gameplay]

(Latest news and updates)

Youtubers Play The Evil Within 2 [Extended Gameplay]

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Popular gaming Youtubers were given The Evil Within 2 Gamescom demo to play, you can check out their videos below. We will update this post as more videos turn up.

Youtuber Gameplays: Carole Quintaine | Gronkh Pt.1, Pt.2
Credit: Dusk Golem
Rikitatsu

Re: Youtubers Play The Evil Within 2 [Extended Gameplay]

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 19, 2017 7:39 pm

As I was very late to post this, a lot of the discussion happened in the other thread, check out some of the posts there: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39604&start=20

That said, now that we have a thread for this, let's keep the discussion here.

I will say that Union is growing on me the more I see of it... I'm a little disappointed that the A.I seems so handicapped though, you can basically outrun anyone.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

One thing I will say on the whole "enemy reset" thing is that it existed in the first game, too, so it's probably not worth getting too upset about. I abused the hell out of it in AKUMU and then again to get the trophy in chapter 2 for not killing a single enemy.

I'm gonna go watch the French lady's video now and maybe be back with reactions and/or story meta.

EDIT: Okay, so regarding that Lily flashback in the pit stop.

As I was watching it, all I could think about was how the fandom was so convinced that the Missing Persons flyers in TEW1 were meant to be objective canon, and how we all got really pissed when the DLCs hit because the DLCs contradicted what we understood the story to be, largely based on the flyers. And then John Johanas came out and was like, "No, idiots, it's STEM, remember? Those flyers are a statement of who Sebastian is as a person, not actual story lore and canon."

So then that raised the question of: what the fuck does it say about Sebastian's character? Well, it tells us that Sebastian likes to make up stories in his head. He sees people in STEM and crafts a narrative as to how they ended up there. And all of them tie back to his paranoid conspiracy brain that just knows that Mobius is taking people, even if he can't prove it.

To me, that's what it looks like is happening in this scene. Sebastian finds Lily's doll on the ground, asks himself, "What happened?" and then answers his own question.

I'm starting to become more and more convinced that Sebastian himself really is the core.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby SutterCane » Sep 20, 2017 2:14 pm

In the original if you punched a guy and it turned his back if you then crouched behind something there was a high chance he would have no idea what happened to you. I have no issue with that, zombies should be dumb.

In TEW2 the French player is shooting a Lost but it hits it's roaming limit and turns around.

A new Lost did appear and attack her though, I'm wondering if that Lost was spawned as a kind of solution. If ammo is limited well then roaming limits probably won't even matter that much. I'm not too bothered, a lot of it seems to be a consequence of the player having too much stamina. Who knows what the higher difficulty does with that, why else list stamina upgrades as a percentage?
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Rikitatsu

Postby SutterCane » Sep 21, 2017 3:02 am

Hey Gronkh part 2 has a better skill overview. We finally get to see the last stealth upgrade "Predator" a "Special ability which allows you to quickly close on an enemy for a chance to sneak kill them". I'm still clueless.

His playthrough looks promising since it seems quite thorough but maybe that's a bad thing.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby eaterofsoulsxx » Sep 21, 2017 12:32 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJO53cvtJ5o Guardian boss fight with no commentary. Except for the censored bleep. But still.
eaterofsoulsxx
have no fear.

Favorite Title: Anything really.

Postby gmc1992 » Sep 21, 2017 1:56 pm

gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 21, 2017 2:02 pm

There's a LOT of new gameplay and previews, like over a dozen outlets uploaded 40 minute gameplay videos each, all of Chapter 5 of the game. And a lot of new previews/impressions came out with them, so just have to wait for the proper posting I take it.
Dusk Golem

Postby gmc1992 » Sep 21, 2017 4:31 pm

gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Next

Return to News and Updates