Theodore and the Harbinger (Trailer + Blog)

(Latest news and updates)

Theodore and the Harbinger (Trailer + Blog)

Postby Autoignition » Sep 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Bethesda has released a new story trailer featuring one of the main antagonists of The Evil Within 2, Father Theodore. Accompanying it is a fresh new blog post about his motivations and the "monsters" at his command. Check it all out in the links below.

Trailer
Blog Post

Credit: sycnix
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Re: Theodore and the Harbinger (Trailer + Blog)

Postby Autoignition » Sep 27, 2017 8:18 pm

My message to Stefano after seeing this trailer. Don't jump, bitch. Move.

I'm firmly on Team Ted. I absolutely adore this trailer. It's everything that I loved about chapter 7 of the first game. Just everything about the imagery and general aesthetic surrounding Theodore feels like it was focus grouped in order to pander directly to me personally. :lol:

It's very Diablo. Ted's voiceover here sounds like you would find it in a tome in Diablo 1, and that kind of shit is my everything. It is my bread and butter; it is what inspires me most in fiction. I just love love love it. Makes me wish we had no other antagonists at all and that the entire game was in Ted's realm, honestly.
Autoignition

Postby gmc1992 » Sep 27, 2017 9:04 pm

the post says going into teddys past will push into spoiler territory, im guessing he was a founding member of mobius who got the axe for possibly being too extreme
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Autoignition » Sep 27, 2017 10:12 pm

I feel similarly. The first game strongly hinted at the cult and Mobius being connected in some way, so I'm eager to see where the sequel actually takes that connection.
Autoignition

Postby berto » Sep 28, 2017 2:46 am

It's an odd promotional process they've been using here. Announcing the game so shortly before release isn't too bad, short wait doesn't hurt much, but it doesn't feel like there's been a central focus for the advertising. For the original it was the whole return to survival horror but this time it feels disjointed. I guess the best way to describe it is that it's hard to tell main villain is.

I guess it's irrelevant. The game is coming soon and all the advertising will have done the job of letting me know that the game exists, what else matters at this point with such a short wait.

On that note, there are only 15 days left till release.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby ghostcall » Sep 28, 2017 4:20 am

he is serious might be an awesome villain. Just release the game already Bethesda!
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby SutterCane » Sep 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Sounds an awful lot like Laurence Fishburne, they should have him voice all the characters in the game. Of course now I'm jealous of all this guy's fire since matches won't be back, that fire envy will be my driving motivation to stop his horrible plans of keeping fire all to himself in his basement.

I guess they want to keep their main antagonist hidden, we still haven't seen who that Amalgam Alpha style creature belongs to.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby gmc1992 » Sep 28, 2017 3:49 pm

SutterCane wrote:Sounds an awful lot like Laurence Fishburne, they should have him voice all the characters in the game. Of course now I'm jealous of all this guy's fire since matches won't be back, that fire envy will be my driving motivation to stop his horrible plans of keeping fire all to himself in his basement.

I guess they want to keep their main antagonist hidden, we still haven't seen who that Amalgam Alpha style creature belongs to.

its theodores cuz the place they're fighting has the cult symbol on top
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Postby Ethan Ragnarok » Sep 28, 2017 5:25 pm

I wonder if the Harbingers with the two swords from the artbook make an appearance
Ethan Ragnarok

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 29, 2017 10:50 pm

Theodore's domain looked pretty damn good in CG, but the screenshot make it look jarring.

Not the type of structure I'd expect to find in the middle of a city.
Rikitatsu

Next

Return to News and Updates