John Johanas Shows Confidence About A Possible TEW3

(Latest news and updates)

John Johanas Shows Confidence About A Possible TEW3

Postby Autoignition » Oct 22, 2017 4:03 pm

With speculation running rampant about the franchise's future based on poor game sales compared to the first installment of the series, John Johanas may have tipped his hand as to Bethesda's intentions for Tango as a studio. In a French interview with Geeko, Johanas responded with optimism about a possible The Evil Within 3. A quick and dirty Google Translation tells us:

"We have just released the game so, here, I intend to make a break before starting anything. I'm sure Evil Within still has many stories to tell. We would like to first see how people will react to this episode and then work from these reactions."

Read the full interview at the link below.

Source

Credit: Evie via Discord
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Re: John Johanas Shows Confidence About A Possible TEW3

Postby eaterofsoulsxx » Oct 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Let someone else do the writing and directing. That's all I have to say.
eaterofsoulsxx
have no fear.

Favorite Title: Anything really.

Postby Autoignition » Oct 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Put Johanas back at the writer's desk. That's what I want more than anything. I have such a craving for his characterizations and the pace of his writing and just his words in general. It seems a fucking crime to deprive the world of his work. It just feels unfair.

It's been two years, and I'm still mind-boggled over how sharp and intelligent and deep his script writing was and what he was able to do with the original cast of the game in the DLCs that he wrote.

And no one knows or loves the story of TEW1 better or more than John Johanas. Not even me. I couldn't have cracked the lore to the depths that I did without his help. Put him back where he belongs and give us the sequel that we deserve.

(but Bethesda I'll take that offer letter to write TEW3 at any time. ;))
Autoignition

Postby berto » Oct 23, 2017 9:31 pm

eaterofsoulsxx wrote:Let someone else do the writing and directing. That's all I have to say.

The thing is we don't know if Johanas is the reason the game turned out the way it did. There are a lot of people who have pull when making a game, the director isn't even the most influential person in a game's development.

The whole dialogue tree and how it looks makes me wonder if it was someone from Bethesda since it looks so much like a Skyrim, Dishonored and Fallout scene.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby SutterCane » Oct 24, 2017 3:13 am

Dude needs that break, he looked annihilated in interviews.

I agree with Berto, so much of what I don't like about the sequel feels like a response to listening to the wrong criticism of the first game or the introduction of Bethesda staples. I think John could pull off something better in a third game, there are some really good bits here and there. Of course if he was directing again I doubt he'd be writing anything.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby eaterofsoulsxx » Oct 24, 2017 10:15 pm

berto wrote:
eaterofsoulsxx wrote:Let someone else do the writing and directing. That's all I have to say.

The thing is we don't know if Johanas is the reason the game turned out the way it did. There are a lot of people who have pull when making a game, the director isn't even the most influential person in a game's development.

The whole dialogue tree and how it looks makes me wonder if it was someone from Bethesda since it looks so much like a Skyrim, Dishonored and Fallout scene.

You’re probably right but I don’t know... If it wasn’t him then remove Trent Haaga from the scene. I got Fallout vibes with a bit of Deus Ex when we enter the talking moments.
eaterofsoulsxx
have no fear.

Favorite Title: Anything really.

Postby Autoignition » Oct 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Trent Haaga helped write the files for the first game. He's not a bad writer, and I don't mind keeping him around the writing staff.

The dialogue just needs to be better. The structure of the narrative needs to be better. Trent Haaga is better than this game. His movie scripts speak for themselves. Bethesda corporate needs to keep their fingers out of the writing pie and let these men do what they do best without oversight.
Autoignition

Postby gmc1992 » Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm

I wonder if theyll make dlc for
joseph
since its been revealed hes still alive and that juli and seb were gonna talk about it which they never did lol
gmc1992

Favorite Title: resident evil 4

Return to News and Updates