"Every Last Bullet" New The Evil Within Video Feature

(Latest news and updates)

Re: "Every Last Bullet" New The Evil Within Video Feature

Postby DampRevil » Sep 29, 2014 4:55 pm

That video was breathtaking! Again, I'm so impressed with the final build, the graphics are just so beautiful! I also loved the narrator, it made the video slightly more creepy!

To those who are upset with the aiming, I'm sure there will be a patch down the road that will give us options to change the view. Even if they don't change it, I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm sure their intention was to immerse players in the combat by allowing us to see more of our surroundings. Besides, I'm sure when we all play, we might not even notice it.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby Morir es vivir » Sep 29, 2014 5:13 pm

On one of the gameplay tip Gifs of Bethesda's blog you can see Sebastian carrying the pre-order double barrel shotgun on his back.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Nezarth » Sep 29, 2014 11:34 pm

DampRevil wrote:
To those who are upset with the aiming, I'm sure there will be a patch down the road that will give us options to change the view. Even if they don't change it, I'm sure they have their reasons. I'm sure their intention was to immerse players in the combat by allowing us to see more of our surroundings. Besides, I'm sure when we all play, we might not even notice it.

yea lets hope there is a option for classic camera and zoomed camera.
Nezarth

Favorite Title: TEW, Bloodborne

Postby Goochbot » Sep 30, 2014 2:01 am

I'd like a more RE4-like aiming mode, although I'm sure I could get used to any default aiming mode in the game. Much like the aspect ration, which I warmed to over time.
Goochbot

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: xI G0OCH Ix
Wii U: Goochbot

Postby kosmos within » Sep 30, 2014 2:59 am

Goochbot wrote:I'd like a more RE4-like aiming mode, although I'm sure I could get used to any default aiming mode in the game. Much like the aspect ration, which I warmed to over time.

I think the same.

I trust in the team, if the aiming mode is like this, is for a reason, is not like they don't have experience with this kind of games.
kosmos within

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 30, 2014 3:39 am

kosmos within wrote:
Goochbot wrote:I'd like a more RE4-like aiming mode, although I'm sure I could get used to any default aiming mode in the game. Much like the aspect ration, which I warmed to over time.

I think the same.

I trust in the team, if the aiming mode is like this, is for a reason, is not like they don't have experience with this kind of games.

Not to mention that they experimented a lot with different aiming cameras.

Rikitatsu

Postby SweetPoison13 » Sep 30, 2014 4:26 am

I enjoyed the video if for no other reason than to see some more recent footage. The wait is almost over. I'm not too worried about the aiming but I'm kind of wondering if this newer direction will make aiming much easier for the player. I won't know until October 14 but I hope this doesn't change the gameplay too much. All it seems to do is bring things in closer so that you can see the enemies better (and ultimately where your bullets will end up).
Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison
SweetPoison13
Evil Takes Hold

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: SweetPoison13
XBL: SweetPoison13

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Sep 30, 2014 9:03 am

The team at Tango probably wanted to give a similar effect to this:

ProgenitorCastle

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 30, 2014 9:17 pm

kosmos within wrote:

I think the same.

Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done to make combat seem more intense and intimate. I would also very much agree with RIkitatsu's post in the other thread, it does show off the monsters better, among other great things.

Also, to be honest, if you guys didn't bring up the new camera, in the Twitch thread way back when, I really don't think I would've noticed it. It seems seamless to me.

Furthermore, Gstaff and Bergman and two of our users, have also confirmed that the aiming camera changes- depending on the environment. So it's a likelihood that it won't stay this way ALWAYS.

Love this video too. Two weeks left, it's so surreal and wonderful. I'm taking off for said occasion :D.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Here's a quote from the Gstaff about the aiming. I would agree with his points, from what I've seen.

It's always third person controls. In select areas the camera pulls in tigher than before -- a big part of this is having the suspense of not knowing what's behind you.

It never controls like a first person shooter, and in fact until people started posting, I never even got that impression after playing through the entire game.

If you've played RE4, the aiming still feels closer to that.

Source: BethSoft Forums
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Previous

Return to News and Updates