More Adam Sessler Videos 10/1/14

(Latest news and updates)

Re: More Adam Sessler Videos 10/1/14

Postby DampRevil » Oct 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Well I've asked the official Evil Within Twitter account several times (I bug them a lot lol) about Joseph and Juli being playable, and they've firmly stated that Joseph or Juli is not playable in the campaign at any point. They told me their involvement in the campaign only goes as far as being A.I. partners. So I'm not counting on playing as Joseph or Juli in the campaign.

There could be a Mercenaries type mode in the game, so that's always a possibility. I still believe Bethesda took the content from the game so they could make it DLC. Dishonored (published by Bethesda) has the exact same DLC setup. It has a mission based scenario as well as two DLC story campaigns. That definitely is not a coincidence. I would love to be wrong though, but this industry thrives off of DLC.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby ghostcall » Oct 04, 2014 5:24 pm

DampRevil wrote:So I was watching one of the new videos that were released, and I noticed something very interesting. I know this has been discussed before, but I want to revisit it. The two gifs posted below are gameplay, however, it's not Sebastian that is being controlled. It's Juli. The first gif is normal speed while the second one is slowed down.

What's interesting about the fact that Juli is being controlled is that we're being lied to. It was already confirmed that Juli isn't playable in the campaign, but instead has two DLC campaigns. A couple of weeks ago, I asked Pete Hines when we can expect to hear any news about Juli's campaign, and he said that it hasn't even been created yet. So if Juli's not playable in the campaign, and her campaigns haven't even been created yet, then where is this footage coming from?

Unless Seb takes his vest off at some point in the game, then that's Juli. I didn't believe Bethesda anyway when they said this content wasn't taken off the game, but still, I thought I'd bring it up.

Busted!

:lol:
ghostcall

Postby LeonEvil666 » Oct 04, 2014 6:34 pm

DampRevil wrote:So I was watching one of the new videos that were released, and I noticed something very interesting. I know this has been discussed before, but I want to revisit it. The two gifs posted below are gameplay, however, it's not Sebastian that is being controlled. It's Juli. The first gif is normal speed while the second one is slowed down.

What's interesting about the fact that Juli is being controlled is that we're being lied to. It was already confirmed that Juli isn't playable in the campaign, but instead has two DLC campaigns. A couple of weeks ago, I asked Pete Hines when we can expect to hear any news about Juli's campaign, and he said that it hasn't even been created yet. So if Juli's not playable in the campaign, and her campaigns haven't even been created yet, then where is this footage coming from?

Unless Seb takes his vest off at some point in the game, then that's Juli. I didn't believe Bethesda anyway when they said this content wasn't taken off the game, but still, I thought I'd bring it up.

Well I think the DLC is under progress, because the DLCs usually comes 1 month after the game ( I don't know) but I have played games where DLCs have been up within a month!
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby Sebastian93 » Oct 05, 2014 7:18 am

Jocifer666 wrote:I would count that there's a moment in the original campaign where you play as Juli. Remember in RE2, where you play as someone other than Leon briefly- or in 4, where you play as Ashley? I would count more towards that. John Johanas, one of the members on the Development team, also mentioned that DLC hasn't been made yet- but that they are starting it very soon. I'd trust his word.

It could also be from a Mercenaries mode- which I'm sure will exist. Well, it's a likely assumption heh.

John Johanas always responds to questions but when I asked about a Mercenary mode,no answer. I think this is a good news :)

This is his answer : '' I’m not going to be the one to announce whether or not we have or will have content like this sorry… ''
Sebastian93

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 05, 2014 11:18 am

That sounds like confirmation to me! Thanks my man!
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 05, 2014 11:52 am

Jocifer666 wrote:That sounds like confirmation to me! Thanks my man!

Or maybe its "I know it's not in the game, but I don't want to say anything that may or may not incur Bethesda's rage."

Back before Wolfenstein was released, they talked all about unlockable modes. If they didn't mention mercenaries mode so far, it's probably not in the game.

Hopefully Akumu is more than just enemies with increased damage output.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Oct 05, 2014 9:26 pm

LeonEvil666 wrote:Well I think the DLC is under progress, because the DLCs usually comes 1 month after the game ( I don't know) but I have played games where DLCs have been up within a month!

True. I just got the impression that they wouldn't start working on the DLC's until after the game was released, but that's pretty naive of me to think.

Regarding the answer about a Mercenaries Mode, it didn't really sound like confirmation or denial. It sounds like what he said, it's not his place to announce content within the game. He probably can't just reveal stuff like that over Twitter. Announcements like that are usually official, not confirmed over Twitter.
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby Sebastian93 » Oct 06, 2014 8:00 pm

I asked to Matt Grandstaff and this is his answer :

"It’s new content in the works. So new I still haven’t seen it."

https://mobile.twitter.com/gstaffinfect ... 7669298176

Do I understand? There is a new content in addiction to three dlc?
Sebastian93

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 06, 2014 9:44 pm

I think it was more in regards that the DlC is still being created, and that it's not a portion of the game cut out for later. That's quite telling, thanks!

Honestly, I'd bet on the fact that there is a part in the game where you play as Juli, since they're being secretive, I'd say it's campaign, or in the as of now unconfirmed Mercenaries mode- rather than they just cut out a portion of the game for later and stamped DLC on it. If it was Capcom, they would do this :). Playing as Juli in a campaign might be a spoiler, so they don't want to ruin it is more likely. On the flip side, if there is a Mercenaries mode, they also want to keep that under wraps too ;). That's all.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 07, 2014 3:21 am

Thinking about it, a "Mercenaries" mode as it is in RE games wouldn't really fit The Evil Within. They need to come up with a mode that makes use of TEW's main gameplay mechanics (Stealth, Gunplay, Traps).

Perhaps something like this: You are given limited resources, and you're trapped in a location, let's say... a mansion, and there is a horde of Haunted approaching said mansion. Your mission is to Survive in the mansion until the timer runs out. Now you could just run and hide while the Haunted search the mansion for you, or stealth kill them one by one (Stealth). Or place some strategic traps before the Haunted reach the mansion, and face them head on (Gunplay, Traps)...
Rikitatsu

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates