Some Puzzles Are Absent In Casual Difficulty Level

(Latest news and updates)

Some Puzzles Are Absent In Casual Difficulty Level

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 06, 2014 10:38 am

It's been known that while playing on the Casual difficulty level, puzzles become way easier and simpler compared to Survival difficulty. But Bethesda recently confirmed in a write up on their blog that playing on Casual difficulty means you will miss out on some Puzzles, as they will be absent all together. Those who plan on playing the game through Casual difficulty level may miss out on the full Evil Within experience.

Bethesda Write-Up.
Rikitatsu

Re: Some Puzzles Are Absent In Casual Difficulty Level

Postby Petard » Oct 06, 2014 10:43 am

So basically exactly the same as RE4. Great Lord doesn't disappoint!
Subscribe or I will stab you.
https://www.youtube.com/user/IamPetard
Petard
I create videos

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: GloriousSuplex
Steam: Petard

Postby LeonEvil666 » Oct 06, 2014 10:47 am

Rikitatsu wrote:Image

It's been known that while playing on the Casual difficulty level, puzzles become way easier and simpler compared to Survival difficulty. But Bethesda recently confirmed in a write up on their blog that playing on Casual difficulty means you will miss out on some Puzzles, as they will be absent all together. Those who plan on playing the game through Casual difficulty level may miss out on the full Evil Within experience.

Bethesda Write-Up.

I want the full experience of this game so i probably start With survival, cause Puzzles are a part of the fun thing i the game :)
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 06, 2014 10:54 am

Still not sure what to play on I like to start of casual, just so I know the story. Then I work my way up. I don't like say playing hard, then lowering right down to easy, going up through the diffs feels like a new game everytime as new things happen such as puzzles,.. so i might just do the casual first, and then up it, take it slow and steady.. I do have over a week to play this without work :D
DaveOfTheDead87

PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 06, 2014 1:08 pm

DaveOfTheDead87 wrote:Still not sure what to play on I like to start of casual, just so I know the story. Then I work my way up. I don't like say playing hard, then lowering right down to easy, going up through the diffs feels like a new game everytime as new things happen such as puzzles,.. so i might just do the casual first, and then up it, take it slow and steady.. I do have over a week to play this without work :D

Pfft... Wuss :twisted:

Seriously, though. Survival is basically the equivalent of "Normal", you still have two (unlockable) difficulty levels above it (Nightmare and Akumu).

I feel the first playthrough always leaves a lasting impression, so you better experience the full game on the first playthrough instead of missing out on some elements like Puzzles.
Rikitatsu

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Aye i guess you're right Rikitatsu plus this game is never the same with the enemy spawning, and whacky changing world goodness.So I guess going in at the deepend will be the right way to go, last game I started on normal a day before release, I completed it that same night.. I replayed it several times to say the least but I haven't played it in a while (TLoU) plus playing Survival should make you play better, if playing on easy, you run though, you think you are good, bah.. it just shows how wrong you are when you play it, the way its meant to be :p
DaveOfTheDead87

PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Postby DampRevil » Oct 06, 2014 5:04 pm

I wonder if that means some areas or whatnot might be excluded from the easier difficulties? Maybe that's why some puzzles won't exist? Or, maybe Tango wants casual players to have a smoother playthrough.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby gonzzCABJ » Oct 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Gonna play it on its hardest.
gonzzCABJ

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: gonzzCABJ
Steam: gonzzCABJ

Return to News and Updates