Giveaway: x3 TEW Signed Copies by Shinji Mikami

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Giveaway: x3 TEW Signed Copies by Shinji Mikami

Postby cwhite01us » Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

I've been a long time fan of Shinji Mikami dating back to the original PS1 Resident Evil games so I've been excited for The Evil Within from the moment I heard about it and it's pedigree. I think my fondest memory of the game is when my brother visited from college and we stayed up every night playing it until we beat it.
cwhite01us

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
XBL: crithers

Postby unoriginalplayer » Apr 23, 2015 12:06 pm

I was a fan of the game as soon as I saw Mikami's name attached to the project. This is a game that takes you back to an era in games where the atmosphere and gameplay made you keep playing...not trophies or how many people on your friends list are playing it. The first time you see Laura...while wearing headphones....yea never catch me walking down a hallway alone ever in the history of forever.
unoriginalplayer

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: UnoriginalPlayer

Postby ianpm31 » Apr 23, 2015 12:18 pm

I've been a huge fan of Shinji Mikami since original RE days. Everything this man touches is gold so when I heard he was working on TEW I was incredibly excited. I'm naturally a fan of horror (SH,FF,RE) so it's a win win type of situation. One of my favorite memories from TEW was from chapter 3. It brought back memories from his previous work and that chapter was all about taking your time in an open environment while exploring every inch that was available. There was so much atmosphere from that chapter and to top it off you had to face the sadist. That guy was a bonafide maniac. I'm a sucker for slow pace atmospheric gameplay so ch.3 was right up my alley. Also Ch.9 was super cool. That also brought back some nostalgia from RE series in the mansion. It had exploration, puzzles, and combat...that's exactly what I like. Oh, Ruvik chasing you around the mansion reminded me of some clock tower/RE3 scenes. Mikami knows exactly how to nail it. Love TEW and I'm now working my way through part2 of the DLC. The story is coming together quite nicely. Hoping for a sequel....please SHINJI!!!! ;) My platform is the PS4. Thanks guys for doing this giveaway...good stuff!
ianpm31

Favorite Title: Silent Hill 2
PSN: infamousXX87XX

Postby grrouchie » Apr 23, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm a big fan of horror in general and slowly getting into horror games as well. The Evil Within has been nothing short of amazingly creepy for me and I am glad i finally decided to give it a try. I'll def be checking out future projects by this group
grrouchie

Favorite Title: alan wake
PSN: grrouchie
XBL: grrouchie

Postby STALKERA90 » Apr 23, 2015 7:41 pm

I became a fan of The Evil Within back in April 2013 from the first trailer so anything from Shinji Mikami i will see and play i am HUGE AND BIG FAN of him
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Postby PM1994 » Apr 23, 2015 11:46 pm

Found this on Reddit, so I thought I'd give it a go. Being a huge fan of horror gaming (Old school Resident Evil & Silent Hill titles being my ultimate favorites), when I saw the first trailer for this game in 2013, it automatically grabbed my attention. I love creepy atmospheres & environments in horror titles, The Evil Within showed nothing but that at first & now.

The thing that intrigued me the most with the reveal is the person who was directing it, Shinji Mikami. I can go on forever about how much I've loved his work in this genre, & once again how much this game in particular really made me happy. It gave me some hope that survival horror can still be done right in a time where it seems to struggle. Why? Who really knows, I'm just glad Shinji came to the rescue!

From the creepy environments to the random sounds & excellent enemy design that leaves a great lasting impression on this big horror fan, TEW has been one of my favorite horror games over the past few years. Fun weapons to use, the tense action & decision making in game to make you feel as if you have to play smart to keep progressing. Most of the items you receive in the game world all feel as if they have some sort of value to them, meaning I really enjoy the balance in the game. They also implemented endgame rewards for completing the game on certain difficulties that gave me even more reason to play a second & third time. Brass knuckles are badass! & that Akumu difficulty... survival horror at its realist.

Overall, just extremely satisfied over the game, & was the first horror game that actually scared/creeped me out in a very long time. Thats not easy to do. Tango Gameworks did an outstanding job on the experience & honestly would love to see a sequel in the future even though I know Mikami has said in the past this would be the last game he directs. Just dont do it too soon, I still have to play the DLC..... I need more time in my life! OH, & playing as The Keeper soon.... You've got a dedicated fan for a long time to come. & by long time to come, I mean I WANT A SEQUEL. :D
PM1994
I Am The Danger

Postby Gaydorado » Apr 28, 2015 5:43 am

I spent most of 2014 waiting for The Evil Within's launch, filled with passionate anticipation. I pre-purchased the game, and arranged a launch party with friends. We spent all night drinking, screaming, and trying to figure out how not to die. But I honestly realised what a masterpiece this game is once I started experiencing it on my own. I finally felt this was real survival. I absolutely loved its familiar motifs that are reminiscent of Resident Evil 4, and its unique and zany goriness. Laura, the Keeper, and finally the Shade are masterpieces of design on their own. The first two pieces of DLC were refreshingly great additions to the game's greatness - not to mention we got more of the amazing Jennifer Carpenter! As much as I'm dying to get my hands on The Executioner, I'll be genuinely sad to see the game reach its final note.
Gaydorado

Favorite Title: Outlast
Steam: Gaydorado

Postby Magiccakes » Apr 28, 2015 4:23 pm

I've always loved the Resident Evil Games. My first Resident Evil game was 4. I played it when I was 11 years old. After I beat Resident Evil 4 and completed the unlockables like the Hand Cannon and Tommy Gun, I moved over to other Resident Evil games and was a hardcore fan. I would spend nights reading countless lore. When I heard that the Evil Within was coming out and it was from the same creators of the first game I knew I had to play it whenever I could.

I recently got a hold of the Evil Within about a month ago and I love it. I'm actually doing a playthrough of the Evil Within and my best moment was when I absolutely scared myself because of the atmosphere of the game.
phpBB [video]

I'm still playing through the game and I've had tons of fun. I can't wait to finish this game.
Magiccakes

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
Steam: Magiccakes

Postby Smiley » Apr 29, 2015 2:52 am

Big fan of this game since launch. I was intrigued by Shinji Mikami's return to survival horror at a time where most horror games (including his former Resident Evil series) had gone towards the action genre. In a way, this game has birthed the potential to grow into a franchise of its own, but as a single game experience it reigns as one of the best horror games of the last ten years.

It accomplishes what future Silent Hill games can only dream of doing which is to visualize your story through the atmosphere and obstacles of the setting your character finds themselves in.

My favorite encounter from the game has to be the chase sequence with Laura. Her emergence from a pool of blood still haunts me. The design of the character draws so much from Japanese horror that it stands out among the rest as this disturbing creature crawls and screams her way towards you.
Smiley

Favorite Title: REmake
PSN: sevil_yelims
XBL: Bracedoyster117

Postby Valtia » Apr 29, 2015 4:49 pm

I became a fan of The Evil Within I believe back in 2013, when the Resident Evil wikia linked to the Think Outside the Boxman art contest for Halloween. I think at that point, there were just pictures of Joseph, Sebastian, Juli, and The Keeper, but I immediately fell in love with what little I saw. Every trailer ended up with a lot of squealing and analyzing via my sister and I. I lurked every forum I could find, and still do! I like seeing people's inputs, but adding to conversations sometimes are difficult to me, especially since I still haven't fully played the game. I need some help to see in the darker areas.

I have a few fond memories. Honestly, it's so early in the game, but at the very beginning when you have to sneak past The Sadist, I thought he was on the other side of the room, and the next thing I know he's all up on me, so my sister and I both let out these shrieks, which to us were pretty funny after the fact.

Though nothing beats starting Chapter 3, getting up to get something to drink, and coming back to find the controller in my sister's hands. Needless to say, I didn't get it back that playthrough.

I also had a really good moment getting the art book. We don't have bookstores in our town, so the closest are out of town. Out of state honestly. I couldn't find the book, I looked everywhere, and the woman at the checkout asked "Did you find everything?" like they always do. I will admit I pouted a little and said no. She called someone in the back to see if they had the book and was making small talk with us. When they didn't bring the last copy up, she took us to the back herself and brought it out for us, which was not only amazingly nice of her, but really above and beyond what you expect a clerk to do.
Valtia

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates