The Executioner Teaser and Release Date

(Latest news and updates)

The Executioner Teaser and Release Date

Postby Jocifer666 » May 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Bethesda has posted a brief teaser about the next Keeper themed DLC. Included, is it's rapidly upcoming release date-along with snippets of it's almost slasher movie style gameplay.

Teaser Trailer | Tip: Gooch
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Re: The Executioner Teaser and Release Date

Postby Jocifer666 » May 12, 2015 1:44 pm

I'll have to say, this looks awesome! What else is new, I love this series :). You ladies and gentlemen think it's first person?
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Gooch » May 12, 2015 2:45 pm

I think it will be in first person. I was trying to think before how you would control a Keeper in third person, would it feel clunky or anything like that, based on how we seen him move, and would his size make it difficult to see the Haunted we're attacking? I think First person makes more sense in way, so I think that's probably how it'll work.
Gooch

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Goochbot
XBL: GOOCH3R
Wii U: Goochbot

Postby Jocifer666 » May 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Well said! Sounds plausible to me.
Jocifer666

Postby DampRevil » May 12, 2015 3:53 pm

This looks really cool! It's weird to see The Evil Within being presented in first person!

I think it's safe to say this isn't story based, like some people may have thought. I don't think Ruvik would intentionally make the Keeper kill haunted. That just seems a little odd. I'm hoping we do have a standoff with Sebastian, Juli, and Joseph!
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby Rikitatsu » May 12, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm actually a little let down that it's First Person... I'm assuming they didn't want to bother doing new animations. I wanted to see Keeper in all of his glory.

Another letdown would be that the "Manor" is the same Victoriano Manor from the full game. I guess I shouldn't have expected new environment for an arena-type DLC.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » May 12, 2015 10:27 pm

I think it's better that it's first person, like others have mentioned. The Keeper is too big to be seen in third person. He would take up too much of the screen, it would block the view of our enemies, and his animations would look extremely odd.

As for the Manor, we've only seen a short teaser. My assumption is that we're going to go through various locations from the original campaign, not just the Manor.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby Valtia » May 13, 2015 1:57 pm

I have had two theories about The Keeper since hearing about the DLC, the first one being that we'd control him and hunt for the human characters, not just Seb, Joseph, and Kid, but also ones like Leslie and Jimenez. Frankly, I just wanted to kill Jimenez. Seems plausible, though not as likely now. Granted, we've only seen a few seconds. He could be doing just that.

Once I saw where someone said there'd be a story to it, I figured we as The Keeper would be told to hunt down Jimenez due to his thievery. Could also still be possible I guess, though maybe less likely than the first idea I had.

What I'm excited about most is at least one portion is set in the Victoriano Mansion. I LOVE that area! First person I'm sure will grow on me. I do understand the points that The Keeper is a very large fellow, so yeah, third person might not have worked. Right now, I'm still really excited, although I fear I might be let down, especially if it's just a slash and dash through areas with no real purpose other than to act as a Mercs kind of thing. I did not expect much from Kid's DLC, and I loved both of them, and since I'm stoked for The Keeper, I'm afraid of disappointment now.

Oh well, we'll see when he comes out! I hope I can finish my project between now and then.
Valtia

Postby Lazarus753 » May 14, 2015 5:53 pm

DampRevil wrote:I think it's better that it's first person, like others have mentioned. The Keeper is too big to be seen in third person. He would take up too much of the screen, it would block the view of our enemies, and his animations would look extremely odd.

Agreed.

Valtia wrote:Once I saw where someone said there'd be a story to it, I figured we as The Keeper would be told to hunt down Jimenez due to his thievery.

You mean before Jiminez was killed by Amalgam Alpha?
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby Autoignition » May 15, 2015 5:49 am

To all of the people saying that The Keeper is too hulking and massive to control in third person, I say: idk RE5&6 handled pretty well when you were playing as Chris. ;)

I wonder if it IS actually going to end up having story content, though. That one achievement "Daughter's Diaries" caught my attention -- could it be Laura? But if the rest of the campaign isn't to be taken seriously/as canon, I wonder just how much credence we could feasibly give them...
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Next

Return to News and Updates