Tango hiring for next project, likely using Unreal Engine 4

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Tango hiring for next project, likely using Unreal Engin

Postby Autoignition » Aug 30, 2015 2:40 pm

lmao you guys!! I can't be Nakamura in disguise, I can't draw or speak Japanese. :P

Anyway, to add a little bit of a conspiracy theory to this thread...

When Hell on Wheels ended last night, they made mention that the season was going to be on hiatus until 2016. I was kind of floored, because they had previews up and playing for the next episode, so clearly they at least have some of the rest of the season filmed, edited, and ready to go. I know that taking hiatus mid-season is common practice these days, but taking a whole 5+ months seems really weird to me. It's SO excessive; it's such an enormous amount of time to take off, especially in a show's final season, and ESPECIALLY when they seem to have a lot of it already finished.

(And for those of you going "What the fuck does Hell on Wheels have to do with TEW?" the lead actor and executive producer of the show, Anson Mount, is the voice of Sebastian.)

So what if the show's going on break for so long because Anson Mount is going to be busy recording lines for a TEW sequel and won't be around at all to be able to finish out the rest of the filming for the show? ;) And if that's what he IS doing, then that means that the game's gotta be getting close to the end of the pre-alpha stage, which means they'd have enough assets to toss together a trailer for a TGS announcement...

LMAO like I said, it's a huge crazy conspiracy theory, but damn it there better be a damn good reason to make me wait that long for my favorite show to come back!! TEW2 gives it a pass, okay.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 31, 2015 4:34 am

Morir es vivir wrote:Edit: Also, Marcus Morph? What's up with that, as of underworld? hmmm maybe he's just playing with stuff he likes on UE4

Pretty much, the reason I posted the video isn't to show off the character, but the morphing tech.

This is just his personal Youtube channel and he models a lot of different characters like King Kong. Davy Jones from PotC, and even Monster Hunter stuff. All very impressive.
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Sep 01, 2015 3:22 am

I like UE4, it is a powerful and dynamic engine with endless potential. One of the biggest reasons why many studios prefer to use this engine instead of other engines like CryEngine is it's consumer support. There is a huge cyber community that technicians within a studio can get hep if they encounter any issues, or, simply dot know how to do something. CryEngine on the other hand, in my experience, is more powerful, but its biggest issue is , it is very hard to work with. Programming within cryengine is very complicated. At the end, its not what they use, its how they use it.
Nemesis85

Postby ghostcall » Sep 23, 2015 6:02 am

God i hope their new project is a dino game.

waiting forever for new "dino crisis" game.........
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby liontamer » Feb 04, 2016 10:20 pm

Okay... Holy *censored* I'm hyped as sh!t now. I totally missed out on this thread and I just caught up with that crazy concept art and all the speculation made months ago AND I REALLY WANT EVIL WITHIN 2 ASAP. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN TANGO!
liontamer

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: breakdownthewall

Previous

Return to News and Updates