Rumor: Tango are working on a 'Survival Action' title

(Latest news and updates)

Re: Rumor: Tango are working on a 'Survival Action' title

Postby Rikitatsu » Feb 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Autoignition wrote: *daunting wall of text*

Man, I think this is officially the longest page in the history of this forum.
I feel like this argument has run it's course, at least from my end... Right now, we're just trying to guess the intents of Bethesda/Tango when they used the Survival Action term, and while you bring good points, there is no way of knowing for sure what they're planing. I still disagree with you, but I'd rather wait for the reveal than continue on with this debate, because not only am I a little exhausted, but I feel all we're gonna do is just keep re-iterating our points over and over. I guess we will know come E3 (hopefully).

There are just two things I wanted to point out:

The wiki, actually! It links back to this article, dated April 2013. TLoU was released June 2013.

This is referring to Lily Bergamo, a Suda 51 anime action game that was eventually morphed into Let It Die (Completely different games, but both are using the same engine and are PS4 exclusive). Lily Bergamo was announced in 2013... Let It Die was in 2014, I hope that clears this up.

The second thing I wanted talk about... are some sensitive information that I don't feel like it should be posted publicly, so check your PM.
Rikitatsu

Postby GottaEvil » Feb 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Look This:

Todd Howard: 3 large scale projects in development at Bethesda Game Studios

"We have three longer-term projects we're doing that are all...we'll talk about them at a much future date," he said. "But they're different than anything we've done before while also being a Bethesda-style game; big and crazy. But in many ways different than things we've done before."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-dev-has-three-big-and-crazy-projects-in-/1100-6434911/

"3 Large scale project"

New Tango Game? :P :idea:
GottaEvil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil GC
XBL: GottaEvil
Steam: GottaEvil

Postby Rikitatsu » Feb 19, 2016 3:53 pm

GottaEvil wrote:Look This:

Todd Howard: 3 large scale projects in development at Bethesda Game Studios

"We have three longer-term projects we're doing that are all...we'll talk about them at a much future date," he said. "But they're different than anything we've done before while also being a Bethesda-style game; big and crazy. But in many ways different than things we've done before."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-dev-has-three-big-and-crazy-projects-in-/1100-6434911/

"3 Large scale project"

New Tango Game? :P :idea:

Bethesda Game Studios (aka the studio behind Fallout and Elder Scrolls) not the Bethesda Softworks (the publisher).
Rikitatsu

Postby perpetualodium » Feb 27, 2016 11:06 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
Autoignition wrote: *daunting wall of text*

Man, I think this is officially the longest page in the history of this forum.

I was on my phone yesterday and was staggered at the length of the posts in this thread. Staggered. Spent a minute wondering if it just looked that way because I was on my phone, but nah, I was looking at the full site.

Also, I hope to hell this rumoured 'Survival Action' title is a TEW sequel. If it isn't, I'm going to be very disappointed. Right now I'm solely focused on Lords of the Fallen and The Evil Within as the two franchises I'm heavily devoted to, but if there's no TEW sequel coming, then I need a replacement. I think I'll start hyping Horizon: Zero Dawn to a heavy degree. Also, WiLD looks like it's going to be spectacular beyond words.

Oh, one other relevant note: Tango Gameworks is made up of a lot of Game Republic employees (or so I read on Wikipedia). Their biggest titles were Genji: Dawn of the Samurai, Genji: Days of the Blade, Folklore, Knights Contract, and Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. I'd consider all of those titles very lighthearted in comparison to The Evil Within. I wouldn't be surprised if those specific staff members wanted to develop something non-horror.
I'm the Michael Jordan of bad decisions.
perpetualodium

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: perpetualodium
Steam: perpetualodium

Postby ghostcall » Feb 28, 2016 11:11 pm

if it is a dino game then i'll be quite happy :)
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby ghostcall » Apr 06, 2016 1:43 pm

So any news when next Tango project/game will be announced????
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Autoignition » Apr 06, 2016 8:00 pm

E3 probably. 66 days.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 07, 2016 12:18 pm

Hopefully we get a teaser or something before E3. April is kinda of a special month for TEW ... The month where it was revealed as Project ZWEI, and month it was re-revealed as TEW. Wonder if we will get something this month... Probably not.
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Apr 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't hold out hope for it due to DOOM's upcoming open beta. I have a feeling that if we get any leak at all, it'll be similar to the Dishonored 2 leak, which came out, what, two days in advance? I mean, MAYBE we'll get something towards the end of the month, after the beta is over but before they start kicking off into full release mode, but I seriously doubt it.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Previous

Return to News and Updates