The talent behind the project

(Discuss the game)

The talent behind the project

Postby Rikitatsu » Nov 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello there, I'm new around here and this is my first post, I always wanted a place to discuss Tango and Project ZWEI but there isn't even an official board, I have to say, this forum looks fantastic!

In this thread, I'd like to discuss the projects staff, there was a staff page in Tango website, but they recently took it down, so I'll mention the most noteable ones that I remember... Assuming everybody knows Mikami, I'll just skip him.

first off is the apprentance director at Tango, Ikumi Nakamura, no doubt she will play an important role in ZWEI's development... She was the concept designer on Bayonetta and an artist on Okami, if any of you guys follow her Twitter account you will notice she has an amaIng hobby, Urbex or Urban Explorations, she likes to venture in abandoned modeern locations, makes me personally believe the game will have exceptional atmosphere.

Naoki Katakai is the Art director, his amazing works include REmake, Okami Vanquish, amongst others, I've been a fan of his since before he joinedTango, his artwork is just amazing.

Yoshifumi Hattori is the character modeler, this man has an impressive track record, RE4,REmake, RECV, Okami, Godhand, Vanquish, Bayonetta, and more.

Shigenori Nishikawa is one of the game desingers in Tango, he was a Game designer on RE4 and was involved in other Capcom games like Dino Crisis 2, his last work was directing MADWORLD at platinum games...Masaki Yamada is also a Capcom/PG game designer veteran, his works include DMC, Okami, and Bayonetta.

The lead Animator is Akira Uchiyama, If any of you guys played Vanquish the. You must have noticed how stylish and well done the animations were, it was Uchiyama's doing

The composer for the studio is the famous Masafumi Takada, the man behind Godhand, Killer 7, and no more heroes.

There are others whos names escape me, but I remember seeing a lot of Game Republic veterans (folklore...folks)
All in all, we've got an all stars team handling this project, so its not just Mikami's name that instills confidince, I have no doubt that this will be an amazing game.
Rikitatsu

Re: The talent behind the project

Postby Yama » Nov 05, 2012 2:01 pm

This is perhaps the most exciting aspect to Zwei, it's all star cast. I sincerely think this is going to turn out to be something special and in a market such as today's, it's a necessary entity.

Ironically, this is the very topic that put this site on the map all but a day or so after launching. Many people missed the fact that Naoki Katakai was working on the game. Anyhow, glad you found us. Should be a fun ride.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Rikitatsu » Nov 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Indeed, and with Bethesda's backing, hopefully they can create a massive game such as RE4 or even better.
Rikitatsu

Postby Yama » Nov 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Indeed, and with Bethesda's backing, hopefully they can create a massive game such as RE4 or even better.

Agreed and this is just yet another huge positive point to the project. There still are horror titles here and there that are worth supporting, the problem is that the survival horror genre or anything closely related to it has gone niche. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with these endeavors, I feel the genre deserves something grand scale with the highest production values possible. In fact, I feel it's a genre that benefits from it the most, seeing as it relies on a detailed atmosphere so much.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Ward Lindhout is a concept designer at Tango, he is one of the western developers that joined the studio:

Samples of his work:

Other non-japanese developers at Tango:
Justin Nesbit - (Level designer, previous work include Gears of War)
John Johanas - (Game Designer)
Marcos Salvatierra - (Animator, Worked on Castlevania: LoS and LoS2)
Keith Dwyer - (Translator-Interpreter)
Rikitatsu

Postby timur72299 » Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Good new everyone i found how to find the missing staff page that was removed from tango website
i just used internet archive waybe back machine ,how didn,t i think of using it before is beyong me,but anyways here is the missing staff page.
http://web.archive.org/web/201110300016 ... udio/staff
timur72299

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 11, 2013 8:31 pm

timur72299 wrote:Good new everyone i found how to find the missing staff page that was removed from tango website
i just used internet archive waybe back machine ,how didn,t i think of using it before is beyong me,but anyways here is the missing staff page.
http://web.archive.org/web/201110300016 ... udio/staff

Great job, man! Thanks!

I just remembered just how many talents Mikami pulled with him from PlatinumGames, pretty much most of the key members of Vanquish are at Tango, plus, all those Game Republic veterans just flooded Tango after their former studio closed... That's just great, I thought Folklore and Majin were awesome! :mrgreen:
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak