What do you want / expect to see at E-3?

(Discuss the game)

What do you want / expect to see at E-3?

Postby Yama » May 07, 2013 11:46 am

E-3 is undoubtedly one of the most fun events all year for gamers, it is also an important time for the industry. With that said, The Evil Within will almost positively be there and perhaps in playable form.

What do you expect to see? What must you see to be colored impressed? We all have different (or around these parts fairly similar) ideas as to what makes a proper survival horror game. So if it is available in playable form, what are you looking at first and foremost?
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Re: What do you want / expect to see at E-3?

Postby Rikitatsu » May 07, 2013 12:39 pm

A gameplay trailer is what I hope for and expect.

If Bethesda has a certain pattern to market their games, it would be: Teaser Trailer (CG/LiveAction) > Gameplay Trailer.

They trailer will probably be in the same vein of Dishonored and Skyrim's Gameplay Debut Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XbQgdSlsd0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSRtYpNRoN0

I doubt it will go in a playable form, considiring the game is a year away or more.
Rikitatsu

Postby ProgenitorCastle » May 07, 2013 5:53 pm

I hope we can see the HUD, and the basic core gameplay (some exploring/puzzles, action). I would also be satisfied if we could get more info on the asylum and its significance.
ProgenitorCastle

Postby Mr. Sean » May 07, 2013 7:19 pm

They will have some gameplay footage, for sure. I am hoping we get to see some PS4/next Xbox gameplay!
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby zombz » May 08, 2013 6:17 am

I hope for a Gameplay. And I hope that The Evil Within quit in early 2014. :)
zombz
Zombz

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby deformity » May 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Hope to see a gameplay video, at least 5-6 minutes of gameplay to catch the atmosphere...
deformity

Postby Spera01 » May 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah I just want to mainly see gameplay at E-3. Anything else would just be icing on the cake.
Spera01

Postby Cyberote » May 08, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm thinking we might see the demo that IGN talked about. All I really want to see is some creepy gameplay. If I see that, I'll be happy for a while.
Cyberote

Postby FadedBlackangel » May 10, 2013 11:59 pm

If TEW is playable at E3 this year I'm going to be looking at the controls first and foremost.

I want to see how the character moves, how fast, what the Hud looks like and how item management is handled. If it controls anything like RE6..I think I'm out. After I played the RE6 demo I felt the controls ruined any sense of atmosphere and struggle. But I really liked how RE5 and 4 controlled so I'm hoping for something similar to that.

I can't deal with run-and-gun controls in a survival horror, not saying I'm against moving and shooting, although I do dislike it, I'm not against it if done right. Something like what Outbreak had would be good, although I liked when you would plant yourself, and then shoot. It added a sense of strategy to how and when you stood to fight.

Personally I would like to see a mix of controls, I think one where you would have to stop to be able to shoot would be good but you could also reload on the move as opposed to having to stop to reload like in RE4-5. That's what I would like. Don't think I'm gonna see it, but that's what I would like. :lol:

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby Rikitatsu » May 11, 2013 12:57 am

Both Wolfenstein and Elder Scrolls Online were confirmed to be playable in Bethesda Booth... Not The Evil Within though...However The Evil Within twitter account says we will see gameplay soon. A gameplay trailer is the most probable conclusion then.
Rikitatsu

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak