Different Game Modes? (Ala Real Survivor in REmake)

(Discuss the game)

Different Game Modes? (Ala Real Survivor in REmake)

Postby robflee23 » Jul 21, 2013 12:46 am

does anybody else hope for something like this? i would even like something along dead space 2's hardcore mode where you only had 3 saves for the whole game. i think there will be because shinji always caters towards his hardcore survival horror fans, but im just curious as to what it might be
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Different Game Modes? (Ala Real Survivor in REmake)

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Considering it's more strategic than RE4, I'd love to have a Mercenaries/Horde mode in this game, you are placed in a position and have to defend yourself by strategically placing traps and making use of all your weapons and abilities. This is also a good excuse to play with Joseph and Julie.

I also want a mode that removes the checkpoints in the game, but I doubt it will happen. If it did happen, I think I'll choose it on my first playthrough.

Welcome to the boards, by the way!
Rikitatsu

Postby robflee23 » Jul 22, 2013 8:24 pm

thanks man! glad to be on a site that shares my love for these games.

personally i would love to see a mode something along the lines of one shot one kill, like the enemies take only one shot to kill but you also only have one hit to die, and you HAVE to sneak by all the bigger guys. or just something thats SUPER difficult and only the hardcore of the hardcore will do
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Cyberote » Aug 07, 2013 11:26 am

I'm confident there will be extra modes. It'd be a bad move to release a game with nothing but a single story mode nowadays. A Horde mode type of thing would be pretty awesome. If they do decide to put in multiplayer modes, I just hope they're not tacked on for the hell of it. But knowing Shinji and Bethesda, I don't think that will happen.
Cyberote

Postby Yama » Aug 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Seeing as it is a Mikami game, extras are the last thing I'm worried about. I'm sure the bonus content will exceed even the actual game, haha.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Yama wrote:Seeing as it is a Mikami game, extras are the last thing I'm worried about. I'm sure the bonus content will exceed even the actual game, haha.

I'm not sure, Vanquish didn't really have anything other than 6 challenges after completing the game. I hope we get a lot of meaty unlockables.

I hope they don't take it out and release it as DLC though.
Rikitatsu

Postby Yama » Aug 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Yama wrote:Seeing as it is a Mikami game, extras are the last thing I'm worried about. I'm sure the bonus content will exceed even the actual game, haha.

I'm not sure, Vanquish didn't really have anything other than 6 challenges after completing the game. I hope we get a lot of meaty unlockables.

I kind of see Vanquish as a different type of endeavor though. The gameplay itself was the replayability seeing as it's engine was both complex and rewarding in the right hands. Going by other titles such as Rebirth and Biohazard 4 (which are more similar to Psycho Break) we should be in for some goodies, I hope. Like you said though, I hope it's not another victim to this generations overbearing DLC.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Yama wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:

I kind of see Vanquish as a different type of endeavor though. The gameplay itself was the replayability seeing as it's engine was both complex and rewarding in the right hands.

That's true enough, but still I would have loved more unlockables to freshen up the next playthroughs... There were actually 3 extra weapons, but came as a pre-order bonuses. :evil:

One of the Japanese interviews with Mikami on TEW, he said that he expect people to replay the game not because of Unlockable Costumes, but because they'd find their experience different on each playthrough, since there are many playstyles one could utilize while playing the game...replayablity sounds great to me, but I hope I can also get a lot of unlockables, unlike Vanquish.

Here's the quote (Which you provided by the way. :P)
Post Game Completion:

So it means you want players to thoroughly enjoy the game even into week 2 or 3?

Mikami: Indeed. But I don't want them to enjoy the game into week two because there was a costume change. Basically, I want players who were able to get a feel for the game's scope the first time around to play it even more the second time around, or to play the game in a different way. At core, we're thinking about how to create a game with a breadth of enjoyment to it. I want players to enjoy guns, sneaking, direct combat, traps and other features in whatever style they desire.

I want Sebastian's coat as an unlockable... So much swag.
Rikitatsu

Postby Tyrant » Oct 08, 2013 9:00 am

Probably wishful thinking of my part, but it would be really cool if there was some kind of "B" game like RE2. It's amazing how much life was put into that game just from having the different scenarios to playthrough. Changing enemy locations and also adding new bosses that you didnt have to fight the first time. Hope Shinji considers something along the lines of this.
Tyrant

Favorite Title: REmake

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak