Similar to The Last of Us?

(Discuss the game)

Similar to The Last of Us?

Postby robflee23 » Jul 22, 2013 8:27 pm

so i just finished the last of us, and it seems like some mechanics in TEW will be similar (sneaking around, throwing bottles to distract big guys, etc.) Personally, i hope that sneaking is only used to escape a situation versus sneaking around to stealth kill people like in the last of us. Anybody else have an opinion on this?
robflee23

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Similar to The Last of Us?

Postby DampRevil » Jul 22, 2013 10:02 pm

You can throw objects, but only to cause a distraction to get out of the area unnoticed. When it comes to stealth, I don't think you can stealth kill. I think its only function is to sneak around enemies without being noticed.
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby robflee23 » Jul 23, 2013 1:17 am

good. also i hope that you only have to sneak past the big guys and not the normal ones where you can either fight them or run
robflee23

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 23, 2013 2:43 am

Like Damp said, I think that sneaking around would be mainly used for hiding, its been said you can hide under beds and in lockers, too.

But even if there was stealth kills, I doubt it would be as easy as The Last of Us. Everybody sees you, hears you, and you can't see through walls. So I imagine getting behind someone should be trickier.
Rikitatsu

Postby robflee23 » Jul 23, 2013 2:57 am

i hope so. i guess i just prefer REmake and classic RE style of having to dodge enemies by mastering the controls and hugging the wall or faking the zombies out, but i guess that day of gaming is over haha
robflee23

Postby DampRevil » Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm

^^ Yeah, there won't be any faking or wall hugging in TEW lol! I believe it was said that the enemies attack in groups, similar to RE4 and RE5. I could be wrong about that though.

Rikitatsu wrote:Like Damp said, I think that sneaking around would be mainly used for hiding, its been said you can hide under beds and in lockers, too.

But even if there was stealth kills, I doubt it would be as easy as The Last of Us. Everybody sees you, hears you, and you can't see through walls. So I imagine getting behind someone should be trickier.

I didn't know we could hide in lockers or under beds! That sounds pretty cool! I always feel satisfied when I successfully avoid enemies :D
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby Yama » Aug 12, 2013 1:51 pm

The Last of Us is an entirely different type of game, albeit an amazing one in it's own right. Engine wise however, it's much different than Psycho Break. This game looks like it'll be a mix of many things though end up being it's own formula. To be honest, when I hear hiding and such it reminds me some of Clock Tower and even Outbreak, all good company in my book.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Kyosuke_Sanada » Sep 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Yama wrote:The Last of Us is an entirely different type of game, albeit an amazing one in it's own right. Engine wise however, it's much different than Psycho Break. This game looks like it'll be a mix of many things though end up being it's own formula. To be honest, when I hear hiding and such it reminds me some of Clock Tower and even Outbreak, all good company in my book.

Ahh Clock Tower.......the series that snuck up on me and won my heart oh so many years ago. I am saddened that the series died but that being said, Haunting Ground was an absolute masterpiece which showed the best of the development team had to offer.
Kyosuke_Sanada
Hentaiologist

Favorite Title: Dino Crisis
PSN: Sanada_Kyosuke
Steam: Sanada_Kyosuke

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak