Sebastian, Joseph, and Julie?

(Discuss the game)

Sebastian, Joseph, and Julie?

Postby DampRevil » Aug 03, 2013 9:00 pm

So we know that Sebastian has two partners, Joseph and Julie, and we know that both play key roles in the story. From my understanding though, Joseph isn't in the game a lot, but I know that we will run into Julie several times in the game.

I was curious as to everyone else's thoughts on these two. What will they contribute to the story? Do they have ulterior motives? Will they accompany Sebastian at any point during the game (excluding the beginning). If anyone of them do accompany us, what are you hoping to see A.I. wise and how long do you think they will partner up with us?

All the attention goes to Sebastian, so I thought it might be nice to talk about Joseph and Julie! Also, Joseph and Julie aren't playable, but would you like to maybe see some story DLC released later that allows us to play as them?
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Re: Sebastian, Joseph, and Julie?

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 04, 2013 1:03 pm

They said you are going to cooperate with them at some points in the game (Think Leon and Luis). I feel like we will see more of Julie than Joseph... I'd be funny if Joseph turned out to be some sort of a Villain like Wesker.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Aug 04, 2013 1:41 pm

That's exciting to here about cooperating with them! I had a feeling that would happen a some point during the story. I agree about seeing Julie more than Joseph, she just seems like the type of character we would run into more. It seems like everyone thinks Joesph is going to be a villian! I can see a little Wesker in him!
DampRevil

Postby Mr. Sean » Aug 04, 2013 7:58 pm

I remember Antonio Fucito mentioning Joseph in his Q&A he did here. If what he saw doesn't change from when he got to see the game

*SPOILER*

then don't expect Joseph to hang around too long
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Mr. Sean wrote:I remember Antonio Fucito mentioning Joseph in his Q&A he did here. If what he saw doesn't change from when he got to see the game

*SPOILER*

then don't expect Joseph to hang around too long

I think Antonio could be mistaken with that one... We've seen the butcher scene and there is no Joseph in sight.
It would be ridiculous for him to die in the game's prologue, especially when he is advertised as a main character (CGI Renders and posters and whatnot).

That...Or Sebastian does see him dead indeed, but its actually a hallucination or something along the lines.

I don't believe he will die in the beginning of the game.
Rikitatsu

Postby Nemesis85 » Aug 05, 2013 1:46 am

I hope to see some drama in this game. don't wanna sound cruel, but the unexpected death of one of these partners in a twisted plot can make the game more interesting.
Nemesis85

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 05, 2013 2:38 am

From what I've read, Sebastian told Julie to wait outside the Asylum by the door, while he and Joseph went inside... Joseph tended to a dying Doctor while Sebastian went inside the security room and got knocked out.

I'm interested to see how the characters respond to this insane world, what happened to Joseph and Julie after Sebastian was captured? Did the world really end or its just a hallucination? Do those three have a part in this Asylum's history?

They've said the story in this game is the puzzle... Indeed, it sounds really interesting. I hope they don't take the cheap way out and explain everything as a hallucination or a dream or something. I hope its more Supernatural.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Aug 05, 2013 6:01 pm

@Mr. Sean
I read that as well. Like Rikitatsu said though, it seems unlikely that Joseph would die so early. If a member of the team said he will though, then I guess he will. If Joseph really does die though, I could see him becoming a supernatural type character. Perhaps a ghost or something like that?

@Nemesis85
If anyone of them were to die, they would need to die for a very good reason. If any of them died just for shock value, it would really irritate me. I can't stand when characters are killed just for shock value.

P.S. - Is there any way to multi-quote?
DampRevil

Postby Mr. Sean » Aug 05, 2013 9:58 pm

DampRevil wrote:@Mr. Sean
I read that as well. Like Rikitatsu said though, it seems unlikely that Joseph would die so early. If a member of the team said he will though, then I guess he will. If Joseph really does die though, I could see him becoming a supernatural type character. Perhaps a ghost or something like that?

I don't know if anyone from Tango would come out and spill the beans on the fate of one of the primary characters before the game came out. I hope Antonio is wrong about what he saw!
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby DampRevil » Aug 06, 2013 12:13 am

Yeah, hopefully! TGS is coming up soon, hopefully Joseph makes a few appearances in the trailer!
DampRevil

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak