The Evil Within will be a good action game or a good horror?

(Discuss the game)

The Evil Within will be a good action game or a good horror?

Postby project siren » Sep 03, 2013 10:05 am

Hi guys!

Please leave your comment and your opinion about "The Evil Within will be a good action game or a good horror game?"
Thanks!
Last edited by project siren on Sep 03, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project siren

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Re: The Evil Within will be a good action game or a good hor

Postby KungMartin90 » Sep 03, 2013 11:13 am

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Do you want our oppinions on the game?

Because the answer to your question is pretty obvious. This isn't an action game, it's strictly an atmospheric horor game. It might have some tension-filled sequences, but i don't think they're to be confused with action.
KungMartin90

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: KungenMartiin
Steam: wish_craft@hot

Postby project siren » Sep 03, 2013 12:42 pm

KungMartin90 wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Do you want our oppinions on the game?

Because the answer to your question is pretty obvious. This isn't an action game, it's strictly an atmospheric horor game. It might have some tension-filled sequences, but i don't think they're to be confused with action.

Yes of course, it isn't an action game. Actually i mean your opinion on the game!
I mean it will be somthing like Resident Evil 4 (a good action game with some horror sequences) or something like a classic Resident Evil (a good horror game with some action/horror sequences) ?
project siren

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm

From what we read, the game is somewhere between RE4 and Classic REs... Though its more like Classic REs since there are few resources/ammo and more resilient enemies.

I hope it treads a fine line between RE4 and Old RE's, I still want to make use of that awesome Mikami gunplay.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Sep 03, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't think The Evil Within is going to be a pure Survival Horror experience. I think Mikami is aiming to create another game like Resident Evil 4 which isn't good if he's striving to make a horror game. Sure Resident Evil 4 was great, but it's certainly not a horror game.

I remember reading a hands on review one time and the reviewer said that the portion of the game he was playing was nothing but action. He said that he had loads of ammo and the goal was to kill as much enemies as he could. The Evil Within was also nominated as "Best Action Game" of E3.

I fully believe that this will be a great horror game, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they discover this game may not be a pure horror experience.
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 04, 2013 12:37 am

DampRevil wrote:I don't think The Evil Within is going to be a pure Survival Horror experience. I think Mikami is aiming to create another game like Resident Evil 4 which isn't good if he's striving to make a horror game. Sure Resident Evil 4 was great, but it's certainly not a horror game.

I remember reading a hands on review one time and the reviewer said that the portion of the game he was playing was nothing but action. He said that he had loads of ammo and the goal was to kill as much enemies as he could. The Evil Within was also nominated as "Best Action Game" of E3.

I've read that portion in many previews, and most of them say Sebastian had little ammo, used traps and matches to conserve ammo, and had to run away in the end because he was overwhelmed.

Sounds like Survival Horror to me.

As for the nomination thing, most sites don't have a category for "Best Horror Game", so they just use the genre closest to it, in that sense TEW can qualify as an action or action adventure game.
Rikitatsu

Postby DampRevil » Sep 04, 2013 3:34 pm

That's what I've been reading during most of the reviews, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed! I didn't know that about the nomination category, thanks for the clarification!
DampRevil

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DampRevil

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak