Live Action Cut Scenes?

(Discuss the game)

Live Action Cut Scenes?

Postby ghostcall » Oct 12, 2013 5:41 pm

so will the game have live action cut scenes (like first RE game twisted metal etc) or just normal cut scenes?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Live Action Cut Scenes?

Postby razorxc » Oct 13, 2013 4:12 am

live action was just for the teaser, the engine id tech 5 was capability to do great cutscene, then i think they use it
razorxc

Postby ghostcall » Oct 13, 2013 6:16 am

razorxc wrote:live action was just for the teaser, the engine id tech 5 was capability to do great cutscene, then i think they use it

i don't know but someone told me there going to be live action cutscene in elevator scene they actuality skipped cutscene in demo.
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Cutscenes are in-game. They also seamlessly transition from and into gameplay, as we've seen from the footage released so far.

ghostcall wrote:i don't know but someone told me there going to be live action cutscene in elevator scene they actuality skipped cutscene in demo.

No idea where you heard that from.
I don't think they've ever said anything abut Live-Action cutscenes. The teaser was a one time thing that they've done with Kyle Cooper.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Oct 14, 2013 11:27 am

Rikitatsu wrote:Cutscenes are in-game. They also seamlessly transition from and into gameplay, as we've seen from the footage released so far.

ghostcall wrote:i don't know but someone told me there going to be live action cutscene in elevator scene they actuality skipped cutscene in demo.

No idea where you heard that from.
I don't think they've ever said anything abut Live-Action cutscenes. The teaser was a one time thing that they've done with Kyle Cooper.

just to make sure is there confirmation to this?
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Tango talked a lot about how awesome it is to have cutscenes seamlessly integrated into gameplay, and the fact that cutscenes uses the same gameplay assets.

But no, they didn't go out of their way to say "We don't have Live-Action Cut-scenes"... They have no reason to say that.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Tango talked a lot about how awesome it is to have cutscenes seamlessly integrated into gameplay, and the fact that cutscenes uses the same gameplay assets.

But no, they didn't go out of their way to say "We don't have Live-Action Cut-scenes"... They have no reason to say that.

i am already impressed within in game cut scenes because you can't tell if your playing or not.
ghostcall

Postby KungMartin90 » Oct 14, 2013 6:56 pm

You should check out "The Order 1886" for PS4. The developers have confirmed on PSBlog.com that they're using the same models for cinematics and gameplay, so that they can literally seamlessly dive into gameplay from a cutscene.

Check this video:

phpBB [video]
KungMartin90

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: KungenMartiin
Steam: wish_craft@hot

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 15, 2013 12:06 am

^ The similarities doesn't end there. The Order 1886 is also using a cinematic aspect ratio (2:40:1), which is like TEW's 2:35:1.

Both games are going for a cinematic look, making you feel like you're watching a movie. (Aspect Ratio, Seamless Transitions, etc...)
Rikitatsu

Postby Castle » Oct 17, 2013 10:53 am

I personally dislike switching to live action for cutscenes. No matter how good the graphics are, there will always be a big different between a live actor and an in-game character. The immersion is broken when you flip between the two. A game this gorgeous shouldn't have to use live action cutscenes anyway.
"Sometime you're in a medieval castle, and before you know it you're riding a Steamboat."
Castle
Srsly you guys

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
XBL: JakeCFH15

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak