System requirements predictions?

(Discuss the game)

System requirements predictions?

Postby ShadowAlex » Nov 30, 2013 11:17 pm

I know it's kinda early, but as I only have a Playstation 2, I will have to play The Evil Within on my moderate PC, and I'm a bit worried with the system requirements.

My PC can run Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil Revelations (two of the latest Capcom titles) at low to medium settings without any problem, so I was thinking if I could play The Evil Within without have to upgrade my system.

Also, what do you guys think about Game Debate's prediction?

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7558&game=The%20Evil%20Within
ShadowAlex

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
Steam: ShadowAlexandre

Re: System requirements predictions?

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 01, 2013 8:35 am

I'm no tech savvy.

But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

I think you're better off start saving for a PS4 or upgrade your PC. (The former should be less expensive).
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Dec 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I'm no tech savvy.

But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

I think you're better off start saving for a PS4 or upgrade your PC. (The former should be less expensive).

The problem PS4 in Brazil cost more then any country (According to IGN).
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby ShadowAlex » Dec 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Yeah, Playstation 4 in Brazil costs actually R$ 4000 (Something like 1900 dollars).

Rikitatsu wrote:But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

Actually, I'm not very exigent on quality. My biggest fear is that I can't run it at all.

If I could play it like I've played Resident Evil 6, I would be very happy.
ShadowAlex

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh yeah, I remembered the news about PS4's price in Brazil! What a ridiculous price... :/

Well, Wolfenstien: The New Order is running on the same engine as TEW and is cross-gen as well, it's coming out early 2014 so you should probably download it and give it a spin on your PC, see how it holds up.

I doubt TEW will play as well as RE6, since it's a next-gen game, afterall. (And Capcom's games on PC are usually well optimized).
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm

ShadowAlex wrote:Yeah, Playstation 4 in Brazil costs actually R$ 4000 (Something like 1900 dollars).

Rikitatsu wrote:But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

Actually, I'm not very exigent on quality. My biggest fear is that I can't run it at all.

what about ps3?is it cheaper?

since the game is coming on both current and next gen.
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 02, 2013 7:35 am

ghostcall wrote:
ShadowAlex wrote:Yeah, Playstation 4 in Brazil costs actually R$ 4000 (Something like 1900 dollars).

what about ps3?is it cheaper?

since the game is coming on both current and next gen.

Yeah, that's true... PS3 version should be serviceable. But I think it'd be a waste to buy a PS3 at the end of its life cycle.

Can't you import, Alex?
Rikitatsu

Postby ShadowAlex » Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Hum, I don't know.

So far I'm not interested in getting a new console, and I really like to play my games on PC. A upgrade should not be that expensive for me.

I think I'm going to wait the official requirements to see what I'm going to do.
ShadowAlex

Postby ghostcall » Dec 02, 2013 1:47 pm

ShadowAlex wrote:Hum, I don't know.

So far I'm not interested in getting a new console, and I really like to play my games on PC. A upgrade should not be that expensive for me.

I think I'm going to wait the official requirements to see what I'm going to do.

honesty i gave up upgrading my pc it just too frustrating to keep upgrading my pc every month.
ghostcall

Postby razorxc » Dec 04, 2013 7:24 pm

System requirements will be probably same as Rage on minimum (or little better)
recommended will be different
razorxc

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak