System requirements predictions?

(Discuss the game)

System requirements predictions?

Postby ShadowAlex » Nov 30, 2013 11:17 pm

I know it's kinda early, but as I only have a Playstation 2, I will have to play The Evil Within on my moderate PC, and I'm a bit worried with the system requirements.

My PC can run Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil Revelations (two of the latest Capcom titles) at low to medium settings without any problem, so I was thinking if I could play The Evil Within without have to upgrade my system.

Also, what do you guys think about Game Debate's prediction?

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7558&game=The%20Evil%20Within
ShadowAlex

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
Steam: ShadowAlexandre

Re: System requirements predictions?

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 01, 2013 8:35 am

I'm no tech savvy.

But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

I think you're better off start saving for a PS4 or upgrade your PC. (The former should be less expensive).
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Dec 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:I'm no tech savvy.

But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

I think you're better off start saving for a PS4 or upgrade your PC. (The former should be less expensive).

The problem PS4 in Brazil cost more then any country (According to IGN).
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby ShadowAlex » Dec 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Yeah, Playstation 4 in Brazil costs actually R$ 4000 (Something like 1900 dollars).

Rikitatsu wrote:But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

Actually, I'm not very exigent on quality. My biggest fear is that I can't run it at all.

If I could play it like I've played Resident Evil 6, I would be very happy.
ShadowAlex

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh yeah, I remembered the news about PS4's price in Brazil! What a ridiculous price... :/

Well, Wolfenstien: The New Order is running on the same engine as TEW and is cross-gen as well, it's coming out early 2014 so you should probably download it and give it a spin on your PC, see how it holds up.

I doubt TEW will play as well as RE6, since it's a next-gen game, afterall. (And Capcom's games on PC are usually well optimized).
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm

ShadowAlex wrote:Yeah, Playstation 4 in Brazil costs actually R$ 4000 (Something like 1900 dollars).

Rikitatsu wrote:But the game does feature some next-gen/high-end tech (Like Tessellation) despite being cross-gen, so while your PC might be able to run it on low/medium, I don't think you should settle for that. This game has awesome environments and art, it'd be a shame if you don't experience it in all its glory.

Actually, I'm not very exigent on quality. My biggest fear is that I can't run it at all.

what about ps3?is it cheaper?

since the game is coming on both current and next gen.
ghostcall

Postby Rikitatsu » Dec 02, 2013 7:35 am

ghostcall wrote:
ShadowAlex wrote:Yeah, Playstation 4 in Brazil costs actually R$ 4000 (Something like 1900 dollars).

what about ps3?is it cheaper?

since the game is coming on both current and next gen.

Yeah, that's true... PS3 version should be serviceable. But I think it'd be a waste to buy a PS3 at the end of its life cycle.

Can't you import, Alex?
Rikitatsu

Postby ShadowAlex » Dec 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Hum, I don't know.

So far I'm not interested in getting a new console, and I really like to play my games on PC. A upgrade should not be that expensive for me.

I think I'm going to wait the official requirements to see what I'm going to do.
ShadowAlex

Postby ghostcall » Dec 02, 2013 1:47 pm

ShadowAlex wrote:Hum, I don't know.

So far I'm not interested in getting a new console, and I really like to play my games on PC. A upgrade should not be that expensive for me.

I think I'm going to wait the official requirements to see what I'm going to do.

honesty i gave up upgrading my pc it just too frustrating to keep upgrading my pc every month.
ghostcall

Postby razorxc » Dec 04, 2013 7:24 pm

System requirements will be probably same as Rage on minimum (or little better)
recommended will be different
razorxc

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak