Previewers Being Bribed?

(Discuss the game)

Previewers Being Bribed?

Postby ghostcall » May 14, 2014 3:43 pm

Previewer by the name of BECAUSEVIDEOGAMES States He's Being Paid By A "rival" company to make Negative IMPRESSIONS About TEW

phpBB [video]

FarfetchdPlays
"I remember when IGN posted that this game slightly disappointed them as well, and the feedback was infuriating. "WHAT, DID THEY NOT PAY YOU ENOUGH", "JUST BECAUSE IT'S NOT COD" etc. So in a way I'm kinda glad you feel the same way, just to show those guys that IGN aren't ALWAYS purely influenced by money. Still, here's hoping the game turns out to be fun despite how it's looking so far."

BECAUSEVIDEOGAMES Responded
"A rival company paid me to make this vid soooo.....
;)."

Not Sure if he was Joking or being seriously But The other Previews From IGN Gamespot Etc Did came off as nonsensical as they are trying Portray negatively towards the game.

Bribery Is something common when it comes to Gaming Journalism As Companies Pay off Review sites to give their Games High Scores.

Thoughts and Discuss???
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: Previewers Being Bribed?

Postby Jocifer666 » May 14, 2014 6:37 pm

I've actually thought that this was the true case ever since those PAX previews started....... Especially because a lot of their qualms about the game were asinine and ridiculous. Most of them read like they didn't see the game, they just read like they copied someone else's article. Few of them had sufficient evidence to prove that they did in fact see the game- except for about three articles. All of their problems the articles talked about were problems that all survival horror games had too. They didn't take that into any consideration in the least- nor did many of them sound like they even understood Survival Horror games in the first place. Of course COD fans like Mitch from IGNorant are going to hate survival horror games, why go see and write about the game? I actually firmly think that Capcom is bribing many previewers to ruin Shinji's new game. Let's face it, they wrote a RE history article and did not mention his name ONCE. How can they do that, after he created their biggest franchise and their biggest games ever? It's really quite sickening. I have no doubt in my mind that they would go to great lengths to smear RE's true successor- they've done some very nasty things to him in the past before too, like this infamous RE5 story. http://www.fmvmagazine.com/?p=9673

Until evidence proves me otherwise, I am positive this is the case. The coming weeks will definitely tell.

Anyone remember IGNorant's terrible RE6 review, which read like they didn't each play the game- Capcom just paid them to write a positive review? My case rests.

Also, after PAX, the Facebook page for TEW went up by about 40,000 likes- which is a lot for a new game that is still months away.....Especially during only one weekend. It makes me think even further that Capcom is trying to kill the game's hype, before it mushrooms. I'm sure they're afraid of how big the game could be, which is exciting if they are. So far, The Evil Within has almost more Facebook likes than any other RE game- except for RE4 (RE6 has about 125,000, RE5 has about 150,000, TEW has about 140,000, and RE4 has about 250,000). Even though Facebook means squat for games, I think that speaks volumes for the game's popularity......And this is before it's even been released. Imagine how much it could grow in the coming months- it could be a monster. I'm sure Capcom is terrified of it.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » May 14, 2014 8:08 pm

I don't think this is the case.

Not because it's far-fetched, but because a lot of non-press people who saw the demo had similar impressions... I've come across some people on Twitter who had similar negative impressions... As well as people on the forums like NeoGAF.

They've probably shown a bad demo...A demo filled with guns and action when the marketing for the game is pushing it as a return to PURE SURVIVAL HORROR! #bringbackhorror ....

The guy in Youtube above was probably joking, or maybe he meant that he is sponsored by a company to make videos, not to slander TEW.

On a slightly (Un)releated note: Few weeks ago I was listining to a podcast with Pete Hines as a guest, he was talking about how watching footage of The Evil Within is a radically different experience from playing it... He was saying it's easy to get an idea about a game by watching it, like Wolfenstein: TNO and Skyrim, but that's not the case for The Evil Within, you will only realize how good the game is when you pick up the controller.

I must say, this has been my experience with the past few Mikami games... Watching footage of games like Godhand and Vanquish won't EVER do the amazing gameplay justice. I'm expecting (and hoping) that TEW is the same.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » May 14, 2014 11:03 pm

On a slightly (Un)releated note: Few weeks ago I was listining to a podcast with Pete Hines as a guest, he was talking about how watching footage of The Evil Within is a radically different experience from playing it... He was saying it's easy to get an idea about a game by watching it, like Wolfenstein: TNO and Skyrim, but that's not the case for The Evil Within, you will only realize how good the game is when you pick up the controller.

I must say, this has been my experience with the past few Mikami games... Watching footage of games like Godhand and Vanquish won't EVER do the amazing gameplay justice. I'm expecting (and hoping) that TEW is the same

You're absolutely right- and that's the case with Survival Horror games too....They don't seem difficult watching someone playing them, or scary sometimes even, but playing them is a gravely different matter and experience. Hell, I thought REmake and RE4 were easy when I first watched my best friend's older brother play- but then I played the games myself and was proven gravely wrong. I'm sure this is case- if all of these reviews played TEW and said the same thing, I'd be terrified right now.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » May 15, 2014 10:41 am

@Jocifer: I think it isn't exactly about Survival Horror games, because I can watch footage of Outlast or Amnesia and get an idea about what's in store for me. Instead, it's something about how Mikami designs a game... A lot of his brilliant touches are... Behind the scenes? You don't "get" it by watching. Stuff like careful enemy placement, pacing, dynamic difficulty, etc... No amount of previewing will ever get those across.

On-Topic: Looking at Twitter after PAX, there's really some weird ass spam-bots repeating the same sentence since April... it sounds fishy as hell. Fortunately, the vast majority of these spam tweets were deleted (I assume the accounts were suspended). But it's still being tweeted to this day by new spam-bots.

(I don't disagree with them, though. LOL)
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » May 29, 2014 4:43 am

phpBB [video]

here is IGN again trying so hard to hate the game.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Lazarus753 » May 29, 2014 12:59 pm

ghostcall wrote:
phpBB [video]

here is IGN again trying so hard to hate the game.

It's hard to take their opinions seriously when they claim that the changes to survival horror in the last five years have been "progress". IMO the survival horror genre has regressed, and I'm just a newbie to the genre. Just as a lifelong gamer I know that to be true. Phrases like " dumbed down" come to mind. So yeah, Mikami is just bringing the genre back up to snuff. The fact that they can't see that mystifies me. Dumb preview
"Whoever first thought of killing someone with a chainsaw was a genius."
– Shinji Mikami
Lazarus753
Leatherface

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: Lazarus753
Steam: Lazarus753

Postby SlasherJPC » Jun 03, 2014 11:10 pm

So funny, I know the guy in the main video. I just think the showcase at PAX was a bad showing.
SlasherJPC

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 2

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak