The Evil Within and Resident Evil

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Evil Within and Resident Evil

Postby Terra2500 » Jun 25, 2014 4:09 am

Somehow I felt the ring Seb is wearing could be a family ring. A friend of mine had that too.
Maybe or maybe not, but I feel there's no connection/link on how Seb's marriage got to do with these hallucination unless Ruvik murdered his wife or something
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby Jocifer666 » Jul 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Do you think that Sebastian is maybe related to Ruvick and his family in some way-maybe he's the lost second son of the family?

Back on topic, if mannequin enemies play a big role in TEW, as I alluded to in my recent Mannequin Man post in that thread, that's another link between TEW and RE 3.5. There was going to be mannequin enemies- and you would have to expose parts of their true flesh to harm them. Those types of enemies would work rather well in TEW.

Perhaps all of the extra limbs the monsters have are artificially recreated, sort of like Frankensteinian plastic surgery?
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Terra2500 » Jul 02, 2014 2:10 am

Jocifer666 wrote:Do you think that Sebastian is maybe related to Ruvick and his family in some way-maybe he's the lost second son of the family?

Back on topic, if mannequin enemies play a big role in TEW, as I alluded to in my recent Mannequin Man post in that thread, that's another link between TEW and RE 3.5. There was going to be mannequin enemies- and you would have to expose parts of their true flesh to harm them. Those types of enemies would work rather well in TEW.

Perhaps all of the extra limbs the monsters have are artificially recreated, sort of like Frankensteinian plastic surgery?

Sebastian's being the lost 2nd son doesn't seems to fit in. For what we know Sebastian transverse between 2 worlds; the past and the present. If the past is decades away maybe like in the 1800s, won't Sebastian be like in his 50 or 60 years old?

Somehow in my previous mentions in previous thread, I strongly believed Sebastian is the direct descendent from Ruvik's family. It could possible that one of the relative in the family (I'm sure this family must have relatives like aunts, uncles cousins etc.) or the father may have a 2nd wife managed to escape the tragic murders done by Ruvik and went into hiding. They got married and their family ring passed down from generations until it reached to Sebastian.

Another possibility that I also mentioned previously in another thread that a patient who could be a successful experiment created by Ruvik escaped, lived a normal life and bore a child. That child was Sebastian. Ruvik senses it and masterminded everything in order to lure him to the asylum and forced him to do things he can't imagine in hopes of maybe getting a new body (Since Ruvik's body kinda badly decomposed that he wants a new body.) or awakened something inside Sebastian?

Or like RE series we all come to love is Sebastian like the STARS members just get caught into it at a bad timing.

The mannequin enemies u mentioned remained me of Silent Hill Homecoming Scarlet in which u had to break her hard skin off to reveal a thin, fleshy underlining in order to kill her. Sebastian might have to do that, shattered their armours and into their flesh....creepy.

I think those monsters with those extra limbs are probably those poor patients experimented on by Ruvik and Doctor Jimenez. But I wonder what kind of important role does Leslie got to play in TEW.
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Postby Jocifer666 » Jul 18, 2014 8:16 pm

So why would Bethesda not want journalists to talk to Shinji about the RE games? Weird huh?

" Shinji Mikami Interview (The Evil Within) jeuxvideo.com> Recently, Outlast had again highlighted the primary and visceral horror, magnifying leaves that it is at the expense of the action and the scenario. What horrific account register Play The Evil Within? Horror / Action (as in various recent Resident Evil), psychological horror (carried by the story and narration), visceral horror (Outlast)?

Shinji Mikami: I'm not sure how to classify and The Evil Within. All these genera are found in the game, there is a lot of gore and I can tell you that psychology has its place in the spine of the story. However, I would say between psychological and visceral horror. Because the atmosphere is very scary and this causes a permanent tension. In the Resident Evil series, there were two very simple things to identify: a virus and zombies. In The Evil Within, the story is complex and the source of the fear is not as easy to define.

jeuxvideo.com> What do you think of the direction taken What the Resident Evil series?

The person from Bethesda England intervened to say that this issue is too similar to the previous and Mr Mikami are already answered.

jeuxvideo.com> Would you be tempted by remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3 in order to adapt to current standards in terms of gameplay and graphics?

Shinji Mikami: No, I would not want to do it or someone else does.

Few hours after the interview, the person from Bethesda England request not to publish the question about remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3, with no real explanation."

Jeux Video

This quote from 3News is also interesting. Perhaps there won't be as many RE references as we think? I wonder which game he's parodying there, CAPCOM :P.

" There's a lot of horror references in this game. I've seen what I think are direct references to The Shining, Saw and Session 9 to name but a few. What's your intention with these references?
With this game I am taking some memorable horror movie scenes and parodying them a little bit. At the E3 demo of The Evil Within you saw lots of examples of those, but there's not too much in the full game. I parodied a game too, but I can't say what game... apologies to Capcom!

3News
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby 4PP » Jul 20, 2014 8:44 pm

i think he is parodying the scene with the first zombie in re1 heheh xD
4PP

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Morir es vivir » Jul 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Nice interviews man!

I think he's parodying RE 5
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Jocifer666 » Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Thank you man!

And we all know how much Mikami hates that game :D.
Jocifer666

Postby Jocifer666 » Jul 22, 2014 1:18 pm

]These are pictures from Psycho Break's Japan site. I altered them via Photoshop- if you look closely, you can see something protruding from Sebastian's right hand. It's especially visible in the screen capture from Chapter 4.
image.jpg
image.jpg (322 KiB) Viewed 468 times

When Sebastian is being butchered by The Butcher, there's a piece of metal coming through his right hand.
image.jpg
image.jpg (285.28 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Jocifer666

Postby Terra2500 » Jul 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Jocifer666 wrote:These are pictures from Psycho Break's Japan site. I altered them via Photoshop- if you look closely, you can see something protruding from Sebastian's right hand. It's especially visible in the screen capture from Chapter 4.

When Sebastian is being butchered by The Butcher, there's a piece of metal coming through his right hand.

I don't see it... are you referring to the ring or..?
Terra2500

Postby Jocifer666 » Jul 22, 2014 10:09 pm

There's a giant nail thing sticking out of Sebastian's palm in the Butcher picture. It's right behind the revolver, if you look closely.

Butcher.jpg
Butcher.jpg (34.99 KiB) Viewed 432 times

Hand.jpg
Hand.jpg (25.94 KiB) Viewed 432 times

From the Fat Haunted picture, Sebastian has what looks to be a giant metal bolt, almost bug like,on top of his hand. Hopefully these zoom in's help
Jocifer666

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak