Agony Crossbow

(Discuss the game)

Agony Crossbow

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Seems like a very important and strategic weapon, I think it deserves it's own thread for discussion.

Unless my memory is failing me, here is the already confirmed Agony Bolts:

- Harpoon Bolts
- Explosive Bolts
- Ice Bolts
- Incendiary Bolts
- Electric Bolts
- Flash Bolts
- Poison Bolts

Most of these are mentioned in the PAX East previews (I think), I have to read the previews again to make sure 100%.

You know what this kind of reminds me of? Plasmids in Bioshock. One of the previews at Pax mentioned a group of enemies were standing in a pool of water, when the player fired an electric bolt into the pool and fried the lot of them. That technique reminds me a lot of Bioshock for some reason, even though it's done in other games before...

Same goes for the Ice bolts... Freeze an enemy >>> Shatter him with a melee attack. (Something I used a lot in Bioshock.)

Anyway, enough of Bioshock comparisons. I don't think they've shown every bolt there is, so what else do you think they have in store? I'd be satisfied with the current ones actually, they're pretty varied.
Rikitatsu

Re: Agony Crossbow

Postby 4PP » Jul 15, 2014 10:37 am

it looks like a great weapon...
but I hope it becomes stronger... cuz in the leaked footage seb shot a fat haunted with a bolt but he didn't die (he even took 3 more shotgun shells)

i love how you craft bolts by collecting parts, but i hope it still be scarce :)

edit
Rikitatsu wrote:
Most of these are mentioned in the PAX East previews (I think), I have to read the previews again to make sure 100%.

i find the source!!

including flash bolts, explosive bolts, freeze bolts, harpoons, and the aforementioned electric bolts.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials ... lent-hill/
4PP

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks buddy, I didn't read that preview but it's good to have a confirmation from another source.

Incendiary and Poison bolts are from Fighting Chance Pack:

Rikitatsu

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 05, 2014 1:33 pm

This is the description of both the Poison and Incendiary bolts:

Pre-order The Evil Within and receive the Fighting Chance Pack. The pack includes a medical kit, green gel used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes, a double barrel shotgun with three shells useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies, an incendiary agony bolt capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks and a poison agony bolt which draws enemies towards it and poisons them. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Evil-Within-P ... vil+within
Rikitatsu

Postby Remjexhai » Aug 05, 2014 5:36 pm

I'd like to see some sort of Angel Bolt that would temporarily purify your target and allow them to either become passive or attack other enemies. Would be useful for crowd control, or creating a diversion to escape. However, the current list of confirmed arrow types already cover a variety of potential combat situations, so I won't be too disappointed if no additional types are announced.
"Listen: He's coming for us. We're both gonna die!"
- Brad "Chicken-heart" Vickers
Remjexhai
Dare To Hope

Favorite Title: RE: Outbreak
XBL: Remjexhai

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 09, 2014 7:17 am

Dear Evilwithinners,

Question on the Agony Crossbow (see this thread and click on 'weapons'):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=158

* Harpoon Bolt is mentioned two times
* Nightmare Bolt is mentioned . . . However I googled Nightmare Bolt + Evil Within and there weren't any useful results. Anyone knows where this Nightmare Bolt comes from and what it does?

An aspect of Resident Evil that I always liked was the Grenade Launcher with different types of rounds (Explosive, Acid, Frost, BOW Gas and Flame/Incendiary). In RE5 were added Electric rounds and Flash rounds.

Since the player will be able to craft . . . Curious what type of "dark and tainted quintessence" will be required for forging an item known as 'Nightmare Bolt'.
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 09, 2014 10:01 am

The Nightmare bolt is mentioned in a new Gametrailers video about the game. The video isn't the best, but it mentions that the Nightmare bolt is the most powerful weapon in the game- but to say it's scarcely found is an understatement. So it's probably for the best if you save it for the final bosses ;).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Dusk Golem » Sep 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Agony Crossbow was a lot of fun to use in the demo. Could shoot bolts directly at enemies for immediate effect or onto the environment. Some, not all, bolts could be used as traps if shot into the environment. Careful though, as some bolt types can hurt or kill you too if not cautious.
Dusk Golem

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Dusk Golem wrote:Agony Crossbow was a lot of fun to use in the demo. Could shoot bolts directly at enemies for immediate effect or onto the environment. Some, not all, bolts could be used as traps if shot into the environment. Careful though, as some bolt types can hurt or kill you too if not cautious.

Can you, per chance, tell us more about the bolt types, how they interacted with the environment, with the enemies, and which of them damaged the player?
DeHeerser

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: DeHeerser

Postby 4PP » Sep 10, 2014 2:09 am

gametrailers video say nightmare bolt creates a vortex
4PP

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak