Action vs. Horror

(Discuss the game)

Which do you want more of?

Less action, more horror ("PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!")
71%
Less horror, more action ("KILL IT WITH FIRE!")
No votes
Somewhere in the middle ("HOW DO I KILL THIS THING!?")
29%

Total votes : 31

Action vs. Horror

Postby Mr. Foetus » Nov 10, 2012 3:55 am

A lot of modern survival-horror games put a bit more emphasis on the action element than they used to. More guns, more explosions, more fighting. In the past (and various modern indie games), we did a lot more running, hiding, and evading. Both routes are a form of survival, but which one do you think should encompass Project Zwei?
Mr. Foetus

Re: Action vs. Horror

Postby Budheadz » Nov 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Hopefully like a 70/30 mix of psychological horror and atmosphere, to action.
Budheadz

Postby Rikitatsu » Nov 11, 2012 3:31 am

Considering Bethesda has some input in the game development, and are publishing game, I don't think its going to be entirely horror (ala Fatal Frame), these kinds of games aren't very popular, so I'm going to guess there is action elements in the game.

And that's what I'd prefer as well, Shinji Mikami defined the TPS genre with RE4 and perfected it with Vanquish, if there's going to be shooting, you can bet it's going to be amazing.
Rikitatsu

Postby VteX » Nov 11, 2012 11:11 am

I Don't want a game like RE5 or RE6 for me RE4 beta version was looking pretty good the team could go with that path a game better than alan wake? alone in the middle of the woods! or an island like Alone in the Dark new nightmare ^^ idk what the path they will choose I just want that the game feels scary,spooky,creepy and mysterious.
VteX

Postby Yama » Nov 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I feel it's less about the equation lately and more about how it's handled. A game like Fatal Frame is actually action oriented when you come right down to it, the "FPS" battle system is prevalent and used through out, though it's done in a manner that it adds to the horror instead of subtracting.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby Spera01 » Nov 14, 2012 10:31 am

I kind of want something in the middle but more akin to the horror side. For example, I'd like to have the ability to fight back if I wanted or had to but the best decision would be to most likely run/hide. Limited ammo and grotesque creatures that take a lot to be killed can achieve this I think. Would especially love the return of enemies that just can't die, like Lisa or Nemesis. Something that can be temporally disabled but not killed if you get my drift.
Spera01

Postby Duddy » Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

More horror, PLEASE! I'm getting sick of horror franchises (Resident Evil) being changed to action and losing what made the franchise awesome to begin with. Also, for the love of god, no one let Paul W.S. Anderson anywhere near Zwei!
Duddy

Postby XiuJu » Nov 16, 2012 4:26 pm

There is plenty of action in nearly every game we play. I want something different.
XiuJu

Postby Blood-Curse62 » Nov 25, 2012 9:49 pm

I think that Forbidden Siren ( Siren ) is the game the more survival horror oriented.
The characters are weak and the enemy immortal, it's give an unhealthy ambiance.
Hiding is privileged ( due to "sight Jack" ) not fighting with a shotgun or a rocket launcher.

In the recent game "Amy" if the heroine is surrounded by several enemies, we hate to run, not fight

It's a game like Siren a would like but with her own identity
Last edited by Blood-Curse62 on Nov 26, 2012 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm french so I'm sorry if there are mistakes in my posts
Blood-Curse62

Postby SteeLisPain7 » Nov 26, 2012 1:57 am

Make it like Resident Evil Remake basically :)
SteeLisPain7

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak