Well, it's August...

(Discuss the game)

Well, it's August...

Postby mohdfikree » Aug 06, 2014 10:27 am

...and suppose to be the month for The Evil Within to be released. I understand the reason why Bethseda had to postponed the game until October, but this month would have been perfect for the game's sales or at least mid September. October is a mistake.

Now I do not know how many games are gonna be at this year's October, but for me, they can wait. The Evil Within will have to be the first game in that month I'm going to purchase. I'm also planning to do playthrough videos for it. My recent video was The House Of The Dead 4, for the Playstation 3, I recorded a year ago and so far it has reached 70,000 views.

phpBB [video]

[IF NOT WATCHABLE, THEN CLICK THIS LINK > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyiEBRhuepg ]

I'm not sure if my The Evil Within videos are going to be uploaded as one longplay video, but maybe separating them as chapters would also be good, I guess.

So what about you, guys? What are your thoughts? Still feeling upset that we have to wait until October? Still concerned on how their sales are gonna be? Please do share your posts.
mohdfikree

Favorite Title: The Last Of Us
PSN: Emiratendo
XBL: I HATE MICROSOFT
Wii U: MohdFikree
Steam: Emiratendo

Re: Well, it's August...

Postby tormented » Aug 06, 2014 11:26 am

i want to play this in the cold darkness, so october fits me slightly better than august. besides, the delay will only do good for its technical performance, so no arguing there.

the delay won't mean much for sales.
tormented

Favorite Title: arthouse horror

Postby mohdfikree » Aug 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Well someone managed to get the game early... This kills me...

MY GOD DAMN REACTION!
mohdfikree

Favorite Title: The Last Of Us
PSN: Emiratendo
XBL: I HATE MICROSOFT
Wii U: MohdFikree
Steam: Emiratendo

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 07, 2014 5:01 pm

That makes me very jealous! We must keep an eye on him.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Nah, that's not the game. It's an empty cover for promotional purposes, it's common in Japanese gaming stores.
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Nah, that's not the game. It's an empty cover for promotional purposes, it's common in Japanese gaming stores.

Phew =)! That's a relief. I would've moved to Japan, if you didn't tell me :D.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 07, 2014 5:20 pm

I'm getting the game digitally, but looking at the cover makes a little giddy like a kid!

https://twitter.com/satami9801/status/4 ... 12/photo/1

I know I didn't like the cover when they first revealed it, but now that I see it on a shelf, it seems like it stands out for some reason... Probably something to do with the white background.
Rikitatsu

Postby Remjexhai » Aug 07, 2014 8:23 pm

What are the odds of the digital download being available on release day? I live in a very rural area of North America where it's common for new releases to arrive weeks after the official launch.
"Listen: He's coming for us. We're both gonna die!"
- Brad "Chicken-heart" Vickers
Remjexhai
Dare To Hope

Favorite Title: RE: Outbreak
XBL: Remjexhai

Postby Jocifer666 » Aug 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Remjexhai wrote:What are the odds of the digital download being available on release day? I live in a very rural area of North America where it's common for new releases to arrive weeks after the official launch.

Don't quote me on it, but I'm fairly certain that it will be available digitally the same day as release. I remember their twitter feed saying something of the sort.
Jocifer666

Postby Rikitatsu » Aug 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Remjexhai wrote:What are the odds of the digital download being available on release day? I live in a very rural area of North America where it's common for new releases to arrive weeks after the official launch.

Like most games, they will be available on release date (Or even before, in the form of Pre-Load).
The question is, will you internet connection allow you to download the game on day one? Id tech 5 games are massive, Wolfenstein was around 50GB... With my crappy internet connection, it will probably take a week or more.

Here's hoping the game will have Pre-Load.
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak