Online Component in ZWEI?

(Discuss the game)

What are your thoughts on an Online Component in ZWEI?

Yes, I'd like some sort of Multiplayer game modes.
12%
No, I want it to be single palyer only.
88%

Total votes : 17

Online Component in ZWEI?

Postby Rikitatsu » Nov 13, 2012 4:47 am

One of the staffers at Tango, was (as I vaguely recall) a Server Technician of some sort, and the recent job listing for a network programmer for " real time gameplay".

This points to the game having an online component, now whether its plain Multiplayer Deathmatches or its a new innovative incorporation of online features like Demon/Dark Souls is unknown.

If it is something like Co-op, that will rustle my jimmies severely... Co-op never goes hand in hand Horror, and it just hampers a lot of the gameplay experience and the sense of isolation...
Rikitatsu

Re: Online Component in ZWEI?

Postby Yama » Nov 13, 2012 12:51 pm

If done correctly I'd stomach it, but preferably would like a single player experience.

The way I see it when it comes down to horror, if it's online it has to be an online game from the ground up, it can not be tacked on. Best example being Biohazard Outbreak which still retained so much atmosphere and never once sold out.
Yama
Since 1996...
Site Admin

Postby yurieu » Nov 13, 2012 7:26 pm

i rather Single Player only, but i think it will be MP; i remember they saying they are recruiting some talents, and it suggest you a MP.

amazing Games like Alan Wake, Metro 2033 and the incoming Metro Last Light work amazingly on SP.

im following the new game War Z, but i think it will not work, so much hackers and people killing people; and an online campaign would not work at a survival horror, everyone has its own rythm.
yurieu

Postby Spera01 » Nov 14, 2012 10:37 am

I'm honestly just sick of the attitude that "everything needs some kind of multiplayer tacked on or else it sucks". I'm hoping Zwei is purely single player but if it HAS to have some sort of multi, I hope it'll be integrated well. I'd like something akin to the old Outbreak games but those were obviously designed for that from the ground up.

As long as it doesn't take away from the experience, then I don't mind it I guess.
Spera01

Postby CandyLander » Dec 10, 2012 5:30 pm

I wouldn't mind a mode that was a spin off to the actual game, like the resident evil mercenaries is. I just think the game will be a lot more succesfull if one online mode is added. just no co-op.
Lost in the fog
CandyLander

Postby PanamaRed » Jan 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Mikami has never done a game with online so I don´t think this will be the first one. On the other side I remember that people were complaining about Vanquish not having any online multiplayer so he might have taken that into account.
PanamaRed

Favorite Title: RE:Outbreak

Postby yuri102010 » Apr 28, 2013 4:54 pm

How about Co-Op features...but yet again that might not work out with for this game at all...>.<;;;
yuri102010

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
XBL: Minchi1983

Postby Mr. Sean » Apr 28, 2013 5:06 pm

I thought they said there was going to be no multiplayer in TEW so maybe its just leaderboards or something. Or, hopefully, the job listing is for a completely different game.

EDIT: didn't realize how old this topic is :P
"There'll be time for explanations later. And hopefully, some sex."
Mr. Sean
What A Guy!

Postby Rikitatsu » Apr 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Yep, its old. And its been confirmed that there is no Multiplayer of any kind of the game, its 100% single-player. It's a lesson to not look too much into old job listings. :P

Knowing that, this thread becomes useless and won't bear any fruitful discussion or speculation. So I'm gonna lock this thread to avoid confusion.
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak