who is expecting TEW will get terrible review?

(Discuss the game)

who is expecting TEW will get terrible review?

Postby ghostcall » Sep 07, 2014 1:26 pm

From the looks of it the game wil only appeal to the hardcore and niche audience and not a casual accessible audience.

a lot of game journalists are casual and would bash any game that does not hold their hands or does not appeal to them.

it happened to zombiu.

This is a perfect example what TEW reviews are going to be like.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-evil-wit ... 4783.phtml

The game will get unjustly reviews.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Re: who is expecting TEW will get terrible review?

Postby razorxc » Sep 07, 2014 2:45 pm

I'll not give my judgment before they play, but I admit that a first see, the game to switch more hand action than horror
I just hope that they will not compare it to resident evil in their test
razorxc

Postby mincenzo » Sep 08, 2014 12:52 am

I think TEW will mostly get above average ratings. Sadly today the game rating system is fairly unfair since it's become purely business unlike the old days, but I think there is still hope. Yes, a good portion of people like to check out reviews before buying a game but lets not forget that in addition they will also check gameplay footage on youtube, and as much as I hate pewdiepie I think TEW marketing did the best by advertising through him and hopefully more others. As far as sales go I think this can be as powerful as a written review that no one will bother to read, so I'm not too worried on the success of the game. On another note, did anyone notice in that article the author kept referring to Ruvik as a girl, despite supposedly having spent 2+ hours in gameplay? Isn't that odd...
mincenzo

Postby LeonEvil666 » Sep 08, 2014 3:26 am

Personally I don't really care what others think about games, I buy games after my taste and I can say right now that The Evil Within is a game of my taste. This is a kind of game that I have waited many years for, games where you have puzzles, where you have to find resources, mystery. This game will get 6/6 by me. I gonna love this.
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby DampRevil » Sep 08, 2014 5:09 pm

LeonEvil666 wrote:Personally I don't really care what others think about games, I buy games after my taste and I can say right now that The Evil Within is a game of my taste. This is a kind of game that I have waited many years for, games where you have puzzles, where you have to find resources, mystery. This game will get 6/6 by me. I gonna love this.

Amen to this. No matter what any journalists say, I won't listen. If they're too cattle-brained to get through a game without any hand holding, then that's their problem. The rest of us survival horror fans will probably be thrilled with The Evil Within's outcome!
DampRevil

PSN: DampRevil

Postby Morir es vivir » Sep 09, 2014 4:53 am

Seriously, who cares about a bunch of shit mouths, this game is gonna make u all extremely happy for years and years to come...... Mikami......Masterpiece......Happiness......Fuck everyone and everything else. Destructoid?, those guys are fags, nothing to worry about, fuck em.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 09, 2014 1:22 pm

One of the greatest games of all time. What critics think won't effect my purchase of any game.
But it will still effect the game in terms of sales, unfortunately.

I don't think it will get "terrible" reviews, unless the game is filled with bugs and glitches (Like the sound detection issues Dusk Golem reported). I think it will average between 70 and 85, hopefully more.
Rikitatsu

Postby DeHeerser » Sep 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Let's all hold our horses here. For instance RE5, RE6, SH5 and SH:Downpour all had great expectations but all managed to ruin them in the end. RE5 by not being scary and having cliché plotline, RE6 by trying to be Call of Duty instead of survival horror, SH5 by building suspense throughout the game with the suggesting that an epic final boss fight with Pyramid Head will happen which never does, and SH Downpour by lagging and lack of polish, pointless sidequests as well as having vague supporting characters that play no supporting role.

Now since Mikami is personally making this game, I am not so scared about these things . . . BUT one just never knows. So let's first actually play The Evil Within and try it on its merits before saying things as: "hey this game really deserves a 8 out of 10".

(On behalf of RE5 and SH5 I will say that they have important redeeming qualities. RE5 had an awesome multiplayer mode, spent tons of hours in mercenary mode fighting through all the different stages with epic melee moves and making online friends. Then again whether this truly classifies as survival horror is another thing. SH5 had awesome atmosphere building, an actually good and surprising plot (scene with the drill) and gloomy atmosphere, including eerie aspects like finding secret rooms in your own house.)
DeHeerser

PSN: DeHeerser

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 10, 2014 1:00 am

DeHeerser wrote:
Now since Mikami is personally making this game, I am not so scared about these things . . . BUT one just never knows. So let's first actually play The Evil Within and try it on its merits before saying things as: "hey this game really deserves a 8 out of 10".

No one is saying that, just educated guesses from what we've seen (And some, played).
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak