It is almost here! [Pre-Release Hype Thread!]

(Discuss the game)

It is almost here! [Pre-Release Hype Thread!]

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Sep 09, 2014 10:29 am

Mod Edit: Please keep this thread spoiler-free, and by "spoiler" I mean anything from new media to story details.

It's been some time since I posted on here, long time no see!

Anyways, I cannot wait for The Evil Within! At first, I was dissapointed with the game, for various reasons (such as the HUD, and no classic camera angles). However, as time went by and more of the game's unique elements were revealed, those concerns fell to the side/addressed in the case of the HUD, as the positive outweighed those. In the time since this game was revealed, many new AAA survival horror games were teased/unveiled (Silent Hills, Alien Isolation, Fatal Frame V, Alone in the Dark reboot) It's a survival horror renaissance!

It's been fun speculating the possibilites in the beginning, back when this project was still known as Project Zwei, and seeing the game shape up across the various trailers. Thank you Yama for creating this community, it was a fun ride. The game is almost among us, and I utterly can't wait to dive into the next generation of survival horror.
ProgenitorCastle

Re: It is almost here!

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Oh man, it's happening isn't it? Project ZWEI is a month away! I can't believe it! (Unless Bethesda trolls us all with another delay).

That was back in April 2012 ;( Let's hope the hype train won't crash and burn, Mikami is yet to disappoint me, but they say there is a first time for everything.

What platform you all getting it on?

(Also, Progenitor, do you mind if I add "Pre-Release Hype Thread" to the title of this thread?)
Rikitatsu

Postby Jocifer666 » Sep 09, 2014 1:53 pm

This last month is going to kill me, my hype is through the roof :D.

You guys think there will be a midnight release? I'd love it if there is, as it seems so fitting ^^. Thought to ask, as this is the first new game I've bought in over a year....Not to mention the first game I've bought day one in a very long time.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 09, 2014 1:59 pm

No idea, I always thought midnight releases were for super Blockbuster games like GTA and CoD, not sure TEW fits into that.

I'm getting it digital, but with my slow download speed, I bet all of you will play it (And finish it) before me. :(
Rikitatsu

Postby Morir es vivir » Sep 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:No idea, I always thought midnight releases were for super Blockbuster games like GTA and CoD, not sure TEW fits into that.

I'm getting it digital, but with my slow download speed, I bet all of you will play it (And finish it) before me. :(

Ur getting it digital??? ummmmmmm WHY??....U MUST get a physical copy of it.

In my case, I'm gonna wait to see which version is superior, PS4 or X-One, then ill purchase the proper one with the proper console. I feel kinda scared cuz i'm not a fan of Dualshock controllers, and at the same time this new Xbox controller seems worst than the 360 one which was perfect. Don't get me wrong i don't hate Dualshock, i had fun with it back in the 90's and i'm still using it today for Director's Cut and both Outbreaks on my PS2.
But for THE HORROR WITHIN!!!!??? Dual Shock???? I don't know what to do man.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Morir es vivir wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:No idea, I always thought midnight releases were for super Blockbuster games like GTA and CoD, not sure TEW fits into that.

Ur getting it digital??? ummmmmmm WHY??....U MUST get a physical copy of it.

Convenience, mostly.
The fact that retail games are a bit overpriced where I live also factors in my decision.
Besides, I was never a collector anyway, so it there's not much difference between owning a retail or digital game.
Rikitatsu

Postby ghostcall » Sep 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Getting disc for Ps4 and digtal download for PC.

along with REmake HD and RE4 on my PC.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby KawaKona » Sep 09, 2014 4:14 pm

People may laugh at me for this- but I will get a copy for the ps3.
That old potato I am typing this message on now wouldnt last a minute with the requirements games these days have....

So excuse while I dust off my old, fat ps3 that I bought when it was first released.
KawaKona

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame

Postby LeonEvil666 » Sep 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Have pre-ordered 2 physical copies on ps4 :)
LeonEvil666

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: LeonEvil666

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Sep 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
What platform you all getting it on?

(Also, Progenitor, do you mind if I add "Pre-Release Hype Thread" to the title of this thread?)

^^You may add that to the title, Riki

I will get the PC version. Going all out on this game.
ProgenitorCastle

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak