My observations off The Evil Within 2 reveal

(Discuss the game)

My observations off The Evil Within 2 reveal

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 12, 2017 3:57 am

So the following is a breakdown of everything shown for the game on its reveal, starting with the trailer. I bet there will be more media coming in the next few days, with this game releasing in 4 months I can't imagine it won't be playable at E3 and we won't see more, so with all this said here's my delve into what is shown, said, and shared.

---

Taking place three years after the original game, we join Sebastian Castellanos as no one has believed him about what happened at Beacon and he wants answers to what he experienced. Julie Kidman from the original game suddenly reappears in his life and gives him a chance to save his daughter, Lily has been kept as an experiment inside Mobius. There is a chance he can save her if he enters STEM and goes inside the mind of his own daughter. Something to mention, the original game is set inside Ruvik's mind, but this game is set in Lily's mind, the mind of a young girl who has been through traumatic experiences. One of the selling points of the game is that the game will feature a mixture of more linear segments and 'big, explorable' levels you can either rush through or explore and do a lot of optional shit in. They show a bit of both in the new trailer, and I'll get to that.

It takes place in a city named Union, which is the central location of the game. This might miss some people, but Union is this game's 'hub world' like the first game's place you could upgrade and use keys, but now a full-fledged explorable town like Silent Hill. It seems changes to the town happens over the course of the game, you go to areas in the game from Union, and there's even new optional sidequests, locations, and more.

Sebastian is also teamed-up with Julie Kidman, a now rogue former Mobius Agent who feels like she owes it to Sebastian to help him save his daughter after he trained and took her in and she betrayed him in the original game. She has given Sebastian a device that allows him to stay connected to the real world as he is inside the STEM, to have a line in with Kidman in the real world. There's a deep implication we may even have some playable segments with Kidman in the real world while Sebastian is inside the STEM, but that's more theory of suggestion and some coyness I am interpreting there. The device that Kidman gives you can not only talk with Kidman, but it also allows Sebastian to get a general idea if supplies are nearby, point towards the next main area to go to, locate side-quest or areas 'strange activity' is happening at, and locate where Lily is as she leaves her imprints on her own mindscape. Sebastian apparently actually shows his detective skills in this game, it's loosely hinted at but there seems to be some scenes Sebastian has to solve in optional puzzles to open up new possibilities taking part in optional and sometimes required things.

The game is confirmed to be split into several stages aiming to be unique and original with 'Union' being the central point connecting them one more time. Now with all of this information out of the way, here's some proper trailer analysis:

---

One of the stages seems to be a nightmarish version of the house that Lily, Sebastian, & Myra lived in that burnt down and Sebastian believed his daughter died in originally. The house appears multiple times in the trailer and is visible in gameplay at several points, certainly confirming it as one of the 'levels'.

The monster speeds up and reveals its Laura, given it seems to be a new form of her we've never seen before:

The classic Laura is seen briefly, and we'll get to that, but it seems we'll see multiple forms of Laura. THEORY TIME: Laura is still alive as confirmed in the original TEW, but left as a vegetable. Like how the original game was in Ruvik's mind but other people's consciousness was put inside, I will bet you Laura's vegetative conscious was connected to Lily's STEM which is why we see so much of Laura at multiple points in this trailer. I'll bet you even also from some things shown in the trailer that Lily and Laura have become friends, creepy ass friends, in their mindscape together. We'll get to that.

Here we see a picture of the 'real world', the STEM has become bigger and more cyberpunk since we last saw it. Mobius seems to have made their own STEM since Ruvik leaving. Kidman watches and supervises from the real world to keep tabs and a line-in with Sebastian. On the monitor in the background we see Lily in a bed, probably in her mindscape, and we see a woman, who I am guessing is Myra (the mother) attending to her as she seems to be in a kid's bedroom.

This shot is pretty clear with all the context, it's Sebastian entering through the Mobius sign. Sebastian also see's Lily inside the Mobius sign, meaning to reach his daughter he needs to get through Mobius (Mobius was the shady organization from the original TEW, it was in the background of the original game but played a bigger role in the DLC and seems it will play a bigger role in the sequel too).

We see Sebastian laying down on a children's bed (almost positively his daughters), it then corrodes over in a very Silent Hill way and then turns to dist, which leads Sebastian to fall into Lily's subconscious (symbolism of a CG trailer and all that).

ImageImage

Sebastian entering the STEM.

We then see the 'White Ooze', and we'll get to that as I think it's more interesting and disturbing than you guys may think...

In the white ooze we see a lot of children's objects float by, a child's ball, a tricycle, a doll, etc. We then see a number of faces together, several smaller and one bigger. The bigger face has something under its skin. This is symbolism to something later in the trailer we'll get to, but for now I'll say the bigger head is probably connected to the smaller heads, symbolizing the STEM or a 'family unit'. I'll get back to what I'm saying here, but onwards.

We enter the mouth of the biggest head and see Sebastian running through the forest to find his house on fire. This is a memory of Sebastian's, implying we may go through more of his memories in the game now. We see the house fire and Lily slam against the window, then Sebastian at the ashes holding one of her dolls. The doll and the ground turn to black goop which then turns to white goop that forms hands as it begins to slide up Sebastian's arm and drag him in.

In the next white goop scene, a police badge hits the screen, then a burnt corpse, and then an upside down world full of objects. This isn't Lily's mindscape, this is Sebastian's. The objects are more obscured but a cup of coffee and what looks like a cane flash by, maybe related to Sebastian's past. We then approach another giant white face with something under the skin. This one opens its eye and we see its pupil is a camera shutter, the shutter opens and we go inside the eye.

We now see the house from the first bit of gameplay again but in CG with a red tone. Sebastian notably is holding a flashlight in one hand and a gun in the other, implying a flashlight may be a usable item in this game. A chair poltergeists across the hall, Sebastian hears a creepy laugh and then turns around. A message written in what looks like Paint, not blood (too purple for blood) reads, "Appreciate the Art," which might be a gameplay thing as the House is notably full of paintings on every wall, maybe related to a gimmick of the area? When Sebastian turns back around the hall is now littered with hanging upside down corpses in plastic bags with nooses around their necks. Notably all the corpses seem to be of the same person, but who this is isn't revealed. As they're wrapped in plastic bags, my bet is on a murder case Sebastian may have failed in the past or someone he knew who was murdered.

Sebastian pushes aside the hanging corpses and see's a police officer look towards Sebastian directly and then get stabbed by a figure who teleports to him. This is notably a reference to the opening of the original Evil Within, the officer is the same and dies in the way that Ruvik killed the officers Sebastian saw on the camera in the opening of the original Evil Within. The figure that stabs him is too concealed in shadows to tell who it is, but I have a loose theory involved with the scenes that follow.

The officer stabbed is now left floating in midair as Sebastian pulls out his gun (notably the same basic pistol from the original Evil Within I believe). He investigates the corpse and with the flashlight we briefly see the officer corpse floating is wearing a theater mask.

What some people may not notice is the floating figure is actually trapped in a cube, it looks like a cube where time has frozen in:

There's an invisible cube the flashlight reveals that the figure floating seems to be within.

We then see a few 'black goop sculpture' people (something we'll see more of) flash by. The first is of Lily reaching out, the second is of figure holding a knife, then a gun firing, then of the knife the figure was holding itself, and then ends with a figure with a bullet wound in the face and gloves flashing a camera:

ImageImage

Now, something I will mention. Tango released this piece of concept art that is relevant to what just happened and is about to happen:

This character is only seen clearly in this concept art, but is important in the trailer. He is the one wielding the knife and seems to have something to do with the camera motif you'll begin to notice in the trailer. My crackpot theory is that it might be Leslie grown up by three years and with dyed hair with Ruvik's personality controlling, but that has very little evidence and there's nothing you can solidfy about the guy right now except he seems he's important to the sequel, the knife implies he's a murderer, and he has some thing for cameras and mannequins. Also I believe this is the figure who stabs the officer in the same way Ruvik did earlier, which might play into this theory.

Now back to the trailer...

Sebastian looks around the room and spots something crawling against the wall, he shines a light on it and it runs away to the ceiling, and then reveals there it has a camera for a head and flashes it. We also see it later in gameplay in the house location, so this is definitely a new monster.

We go to another white goop scene, this one featuring dotted lines, a crow drowning, and a hand with fingers bending back. Due to how the trailer first show what seemed to be Lily's subconscious in the goop, and then Sebastian's, I take it this subconscious is of a third characters, maybe the man in the concept art?

The white goop then turns black and the hand adjusts itself to show us a preacher in a forest made of black goop in a sculpture like we saw earlier. The scene that occurs here is clearly of a cult, and it seems that Lily was abducted by the cult because she is here as well (the original game implied the cult started the fire to abduct Lily, so this seems to confirm that). This also basically confirms the cult you see briefly in Chapter 6 & 7 of the original game are back for the sequel and going to be expanded upon. Ruvik's father in the original game gave great sums of money to the cult to operate. One note is the preacher has a very distinct marking on his cheek.

So the Cult guy seems to summon fire to himself as Sebastian runs through a field of black goop sculpture followers, Lily turns towards him and then is set on fire. Sebastian then turns to see a monster heading towards him.

Now, these monsters seem to be the new "Haunted", they are now covered in some kind of goop across them. It seems the goop comes from inside of them though as we see boils across the body that are just FULL of this goop.

The other members of the crowd have also turned into this new form of "Haunted" and they ooze onto the ground with the white goop:

Crows begin to circle the goop then merge into it. Sebastian tries to emerge from the goop, but Laura's hands drag him back in. Then kick to The Evil Wtihin 2 logo.

Now the gameplay.

---

A crowd of the new "Haunted" we see run through the streets of what one must assume is Union, this is probably part of the town you can explore as it looks like a neighborhood. Notably we see a couple yell to the sky before they begin to join the horde.

We then see this cool guy with the animal-styled gas mask and a flamethrower. He seems to be either a bigger enemy or boss monster, and likely he represents the cultist who burnt the house down. We see him more in gameplay in just a bit, but not much is gained from the bit later except the door out is blocked with fire.

We see Sebastian in some catacombs of some kind with a giant enemy that appears to be able to explode when close.

We see Sebastian lifted into the air inside of a forest location (looks like the one with the priest we saw in the CG scene earlier) by this ugly glowing giant. The giant seems to be at least twice the size of Sebastian.

We see Sebastian dodge backgrounds from a knife swing from one of the new "Haunted" in a female form, WHICH CONFIRMS the new game has a dodge maneuver of some kind. NOTABLE: Sebastian himself is carrying a knife as a weapon, confirming melee weapons. He also seems to be in a country neighborhood.

We see Sebastian doing a stealth kill on one of the new "Haunted" in a more public city location, notably there is a lit up building ahead that looks like he can enter.

We see Sebastian seem to try to leave the city, but fences block him in preventing him from leaving.

We see what is very clearly the asylum from the original Evil Within and the classic Laura coming for him, implying the classic asylum may be one of the stages within The Evil Within 2.

Then as if to confirm to us it's not just the old Laura, we see the new Laura we saw at the beginning of the trailer, she's in the asylum from the original TEW and lifts up a lot of hospital trolleys and tools, showing that she has the ability to manipulate and move objects in the environment (the one who moved the chair in the house earlier?).

We then see Sebastian in the house location with the new camera-headed mannequin enemy crawling on the walls. He has a shotgun in hand, however. Also drapes seem to be torn and flowing from the ceiling.

We then see Sebastian in a front yard of a house by a road, probably part of the hub shooting off regular Haunted with the Shotgun. It also shows he has a quick-turn ability here.

Now this is interesting, we see another character, a masked figure with a gun fighting off other of the new "Haunted" in the open world. He gets grabbed, either about to die or do something else. Could be a sidequest to save him? Maybe just a scripted death of another character in the STEM. To be seen.

We see Sebastian desperately scuttling backwards from something in a cinematic.

The creature reveals itself to be maybe ANOTHER form of Laura, but this time she's bigger and seems to have other faces attached to her own.

We then see one of the transition scenes from the original game. Sebastian falls through a hallway impossibly fast and it drops him notably on the country road we saw earlier (one with him dodging the knife attack and the closed off fence later).

Trailer ends with Sebastian approaching himself from the first game slouched over. As he reaches for himself, Laura's hands pop up and drag him into the ground.

End of trailer.

---

Okay, one last thing to analyze. Screenshots.

Here we see the scene from the CG trailer in gameplay. and can see cameras are fit around him. Might be scenic, might be a puzzle, to be seen. The message on the wall did say appreciate the artwork.

We see the house location, Sebastian has shot off part of the new "Haunted" face like he could do in the original game, but they no longer have blood inside of them, but white ooze.

Sebastian still has his agony bolt and has used it against the new "Haunted", and seems to be in the open-world Union hub.

Sebastian is in Union still but a great eye has appeared from the sky. He also seems to be in front of a building with a clock tower and angel statue, which one imagines you likely can enter.

Sebastian meddles with the device Kidman gives him and finds a trace of Lily as a shadow in the town.

We get a clearer shot of the camera-headed mannequin monster in this screen.

---

Hope these observations were interesting to you guys!
Dusk Golem

Re: My observations off The Evil Within 2 reveal

Postby tormented » Jun 12, 2017 8:09 am

More gameplay footage:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... j8uKVS.mp4

There's also another story trailer.
tormented

PSN: Fushitsusha

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am

tormented wrote:More gameplay footage:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... j8uKVS.mp4

There's also another story trailer.

Oh my, wait where's the other story trailer?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
Dusk Golem

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Great analysis.

But if Laura was plugged into STEM too, why do we see "Reborn Laura" from the first game as her STEM incarnation? Wasn't Reborn Laura a product of Ruvik's mind?
Rikitatsu

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Great analysis.

But if Laura was plugged into STEM too, why do we see "Reborn Laura" from the first game as her STEM incarnation? Wasn't Reborn Laura a product of Ruvik's mind?

My theory is Re-Born Laura in this period may actually be from Sebastian's mind, but that is a loose theory. Since we meet Laura in what seems to be Sebastian's memories of the first game.

IE, what he experienced in STEM is haunting him, that's a big theme of the game since Sebastian has been desperately trying to find what happened and not believed by anyone for three years, and we see that the Beacon Mental Hospital seems to be al ocation in the game, and it's in this location Sebastian meets Laura. I think it's Sebastian 're-living' the experience in a stage in the STEM. That's just my current theory though.
Dusk Golem

Postby Dusk Golem » Jun 13, 2017 2:58 am

Here's my big ole' analysis on the Gameplay Trailer.
---

The humming from the beginning of the original trailer plays in this gameplay trailer all the way through, it sounds too old to be Lily so I am currently placing my bets that the humming is from Laura.

ImageImage

Electricity runs through a dark room and the lights turn on to reveal an interesting museum-like display. Now I'll make note here, a scene incredibly similar to this scene is towards the end of the trailer:

They both are a display with a plaque of some grotesque artwork. NOW, notice the cube surrounding the second one is similar to the cube surrounding the body suspended in air I mentioned in the first analysis? I'm starting to form a theory that one of the main antagonist of the game is an artist. "Appreciate the Art" says a message on the wall, and then there's these morbid but artistic displays, as well as a well-dressed man who is associated with a mannequin monster with a camera with a head. It's painting that he may be one of the antagonist, I don't know if THE main antagonist, but some bigger character who I think is an 'artistic murderer', likes to make art out of morbid things.

Something I didn't notice someone else pointed out to me, the concept art I'm talking about, this one:

The URL has the name of these characters in it. The man's name is Stefano, confirming he seems to be a new face. And the monsters name is apparently Obscura. So now we know their names at least, seems Stefano is a twisted artist and Obscura is somehow associated with him.

PERSONAL THEORY: While we're in Lily's mindscape, she is probably connected to different people than just Sebastian, but Lily doesn't have the absolute control that Ruvik had so each person has more influence over this STEM realm than the previous one, IE I think we'll see more of Sebastian's own fears and memories popping up this time around, I think Laura is connected to the STEM which is why she has such a presence in the game (or maybe Stefano or someone who is obsessed with Laura for some reason is conjuring her up in this STEM like crazy for some reason, who knows?), and I feel Obscura is related to Stefano and is manifested from something within him. I feel we'll see personal monsters and memory locations of each of the characters in the STEM this time around with more variety than Ruvik's absolute control he had in the original..

NOW, for the scenes themselves. The first one with the electricity almost looks like a puzzle. The thing is blocked off except for the side by the plaque, so it can be approached. The figure is holding a scale with two statues, one is of a white ballerina and the other is a black figurine missing limbs. Electricity flows through the red rods, so it seems there may be something to do to create a path through here. It's hard to see, but look closely and you'll notice this figure too is caught in some kind of cube that seems to keep it suspended in time like we saw and I mentioned in the reveal trailer analysis.

The second one is much larger and majestic, it has a theater motif as we see a figure that looks like a puppet master holding strings connecting to other bodies. Almost all of the bodies have their heads exploding that are connected to her. She has multiple arms... I almost want to say maybe you might battle her as she is on such a majestic stage, but that's just me theorizing here.

It seems to confirm that one of the levels in the game is a museum/theater kind of deal. I would even bet that it's related to the area you see both later in this trailer and in an official screenshot of a great hall with an angel statue and a clock tower, it feels like this museum/theater location could be inside there.

Now as many have pointed out, these stairs look incredibly similar to a pair of stairs in Resident Evil REmake (the pair near where you get the dog whistle/there's the door that can only be opened a certain number of times). I take this as confirmation that the REmake environment artist that worked on the original game is also working on the sequel, as there's art direction in this that certainly calls back to Resident Evil REmake with this being one of the strongest.

Everyone will notice the giant pendulum swinging back and forth above, but three small things many might not notice:

-There's a hanging body wrapped in plastic in front of the pendlum.
-The hall Sebastian walks into has a staircase (of course), one open door to the right, two entrances to the left, and the one he just walked into. This room is VERY connected and taps into the increased exploration that the sequel is supposed to have.
-The area has the hanging torn drapes we see in the reveal trailer/later in this trailer with Obscura crawling across the walls, implying this is the same location.

With the new information provided, I no longer believe this location is a house, but actually a museum/theater, or maybe more a multi-purpose community art center. That also explains in the reveal trailer and one screenshot why we see the floating guy preserved in time with cameras around him.

We get to this scene where Sebastian walks by and something is banging on the door. I'm lead to believe it's one of the "New Haunted", because the Haunted banged on doors in the original game, but that's just my theory. Interestingly the area ahead is pure darkness, implying you'll need to turn the flashlight on there to see.

Also notable is the painting on Sebastian's closer left is important. Now through this analysis I have been looking at the paintings but there's been nothing too interesting to report. This painting is the first one that really catches the eye, it not only is specifically lit up to help you notice it, but it has a more proper painting inside of it. I'm guessing you can observe it, but for what purpose I'm not sure. From this angle it's a bit hard to tell what it is.

Sebastian turns in a study, and two things strike interest here. First are some objects in the room are 'stuttering', the obvious one is the lamp we clearly see but you can also see for a few split seconds at the start of the scene a chair 'flickering' in the same way. Is this some kind of puzzle or mechanic?

The second thing is Sebastian looks concerned in this scene and as he's looking around the scene suddenly begins to shift to the color blue. This is TREMENDOUSLY similar to a scrapped concept from Resident Evil 3.5 whe+re the environment shifting blue meant things were about to get spooky. The next scene seems to be a continuation of the last:

Sebastian is walking through a blue-tinted version of the Museum and see's a really bizarre looking and sounding monster walk across the hall in front of him.

This monster isn't seen anywhere else in the trailer, but it seems freaky.

Actually keep a mental note here, in this trailer we basically only see two clear environments, the museum and the town of Unity, and a few "are they different/what are they?" environments, yet there's almost an absurd number of monsters which pop up in this gameplay reveal+original trailer. Either this game has an insane number of monsters, or we've seen a good share so far. To be seen.

Now Sebastian finds a gun in a bloody scene, maybe implying why the gun is there to begin with. Now noticeably this gun is not the same gun we see Sebastian using in the CG trailer, and when he picks it up this is the first weapon he has outside of his knife. All of these scenes in the trailer so far must be early in the game because Sebastian is weaponless outside of his knife before he finds this gun. We see a shotgun later as the second gun, and the Agony Crossbow in a screenshot, but seems he starts with just the knife and then begins to get weapons. We see like the first Evil Within he stores weapons he's carrying in appropriate places, IE Pistol in the Handgun carrier, Shotgun and Agony Crossbow on his back, so through this trailer up to this point he has had no weapons but his knife, implying this all is actually VERY early game. Also confirms to me this location is the one with the angel statue and the clock tower as in that screenshot Sebastian doesn't have any weapons but his knife either.

We see a really cool 'from the enemies eyes' shot of something crawling through the grass. It kind of reminds me of the live-action going through the grass scene from the original live-action Resident Evil opening. Because it's so low to the ground I believe these are the crawling enemies seen later in the trailer:

ImageImage

These monsters seem to have three little Red Eyes on a slit which open to reveal a mouth full of teeth when they leap. Notably Sebastian has the Shotgun in these scene, implying it's not that early into the game, As far as I can tell, this is part of the hub world of Unity, but I don't know that for certain as this seems to be out of the main part of town and more on an open road.

However, one odd thing about this scene that attracts my attention:

Do you see that weird black cloud to the bottom-left of the screen? It only appears when Sebastian pulls his gun back (not aiming it), and it seems to move with the screen for a moment before he starts aiming again. It's animated and moving but seems locked to the screen rather than something moving when he moves back some. I almost think it's some kind of indication of some sort, but I'm not quite sure what it means.

Sebastian now walks through a dirtied up house, there's a dead guy with blood that's obviously his on the wall. Sebastian noticeably has his handgun now so this is after he gets that. I can't tell who the corpse is of, but it gets dragged away with a monster sound. The sound is similar to the ones the New Haunted make, leading me to believe it's a New Haunted dragging him away. Plus in a later scene we see this:

Now this is where this begins to get a bit strange. Is this thing really just a New Haunted? We see he's carying the upper torso of a man, and notably this man ha a blue shirt like the body we saw dragged away above. But notably, ALL the bodies in the pile are the same guy. Like they're literally all the same person. Why is there so many of these guys with blue shirts and why is this monster collecting them and putting them in a pile.

MORE SO, we see this exact same monster much later in the trailer:

We see this monster tearing apart a corpse. He isn't even eating it, he's just tearing limbs and flesh from it. This guy might not actually be a Haunted at all, he looks very distinct and you don't see him in the other crowds with the hordes of New Haunted. He may very well be some special enemy who for some reason is collecting and mutilating corpses, specifically of some guy in a blue shirt there's multiple of for some reason.

Now we see a cutscene of Sebastian in a chapel with two Haunted getting up with the Handgun. I think this happens shortly after he obtained it. I actually think when he gets the handgun, this chapel scene, and the scene with the dragging bodies and the enemy I mention above are all SUPER early in the game and one of the first things you do in the game, because they have similar wallpaper and seem to all happen together. This chapel also has a blue shirted guy at the bottom you may notice. Also of note is this chapel has the 'cult symbol' from the first Evil Within, there's a symbol for the cult you see in Chapter 6 & 7 and that symbol is on the wall in these scene, confirming it's the same cult:

---

Now several things happen very quickly in this next scene.

Sebastian see's two brute-looking figures approaching him at some alter in darkness, but then...

The scene turns red for half a second and we see the shaded form of tree's in the background form like ink sketches.

But then...

The two guys to the left and right disappear and this lovely looking guy with a skull face appears in front of us. He swipes at Sebastian so Sebastian covers and cowers to embrace for impact but then he teleports.

But as he teleports...

For a split second he's in a weird scene, I don't know what it is but it's weird because it looks NOTHING like where he comes from or where he goes and it literally is only there for a split second. Probably has some deeper meaning.

But he finds himself an instant later in this forest:

He finds himself on some rickity road, there's a giant thing of tentacles on the left, but what might surprise people is there's a second one coming from the right. It's hard to tell unless you're watching this in full motion, but THESE ARE FEET. I'm not kidding, those aren't tentacle pillars or something, they're literally the feet of some colossal monster. We never see the full form of this beast, but HOLY SHIT.

There's a brief scene of Sebastian sitting up with an interesting camera angle I think suggesting he just transported to a new location like he does in the original game. The location looks like the Beacon Mental Hospital, which I'll get to but the tiling, wall, and pipes give it away. There's nothing else too interesting about the scene.

ImageImage

Now this is another very interesting one, Sebastian has been knocked over and gets up. There's giant white tendril/arms that seem to be coming out of the white goop oozing on the walls and floor. It kind of reminds me of how Laura came out of bodies, but these come out of the goop.

So this just kind of brings some of my theories together, we see a shot of the clock tower building with the giant eye in the sky. You can't really tell in the official screenshot, but can see it clearly here: The eye is literally a camera lens. This basically cements for me that the Clock Tower building is the museum with the art stuff and camera-headed monster we see, and this locations seems early in the game.

Now this shot must be much later into the game than the rest we've seen so far since Sebastian magically has his shotgun and agony crossbow now (first shot with his agony crossbow, though), it seems it might be the catacomb location as a wall breaks and reveals some Dark Ocean we might have to cross with three lights in the distance that seem to be houses if I'm seeing them correctly.

We see Sebastian in what I think is a location based off of Beacon Mental Hospital with the original Rebone Laura monster coming out to attack. I believe it's a returning location because we see more of this in a later scene and in the original trailer, and in this location we also see the original Sebastian (from the first game) slouched over, Laura's original form of course, and we see a shot later with medical supplies and the New Laura in it in the original trailer. I think there may be a stage where Sebastian is going through his memories of the original game and encounters Laura here, his original memory of her.

Sebastian is walking through a building in the dark, turns on his light and see's this creepy ass sobbing monster that's emitting green smoke. It cries out when the light is on her.

We see this same monster a bit later holding Sebastian and filling the air with her green smoke (I'm assuming this is leading to a death scene).

Now this is very clearly a boss battle, some giant with multiple faces, limbs, and such crawls towards Sebastian. It has red beady eyes like the crawlers do. ONE THING TO NOTE, and this is easy to miss, is in the background we can see the cult symbol again:

---

Now this is also interesting. We see the exploding monster from the reveal trailer exploded, BUT exploding didn't kill it. It's like it inflates something and it explodes, but unlike many video game exploding enemies the explosion did not kill the monster, it is still standing but just lost a lot of body mass. I think this monster can fill up like a balloon, explode at you, and then rejuvenate itself to explode at you again.

We see an open door and the New Laura (the one we see that can walk quickly and levitate things) reach out to grab Sebastian. Seems she can grab him too.

---

Now these next few shots go together:

ImageImageImage

We see what looks like a Giant Laura collecting bodies and building herself up with multiple faces and sawblades to become some type of giant monster. We also see this same monster in the reveal trailer.

And notably, this scene is seen briefly in the current trailer with Sebastian limping towards the door of light:

---

We see Sebastian getting a call from Kidman on the device she gave him while he's at a desk somewhere.

Now we see the same scene we saw earlier with the black ocean and the three lit-up houses in the distance. Lily is sitting in the water, and it should be mentioned this bit must be a bit later in since again Sebastian has his Agony Crossbow and Shotgun.

He runs to her, but suddenly a wall of fire appears and this ugly mug grabs him:

To mention, this monster is literally a magma monster, he has moving magma under his skin. Who he is though, I have no idea. BUT, he might be the skull-faced monster we saw briefly who Sebastian cowered from at the altar before being teleported to the woods, as while we don't see a skull face their forms look a bit similar.

---

I hope my observations were interesting to you all!
Dusk Golem

Postby Rousseau » Jun 13, 2017 11:40 am

My crackpot theory is that it might be Leslie grown up by three years and with dyed hair with Ruvik's personality controlling

That is pretty crackpot, but don't forget that there's an association between Leslie and cameras. There's a newspaper in the first game that states that he went missing while under the care of Valerio and was found in a photography studio.

Do you think that the clock tower building will play the same role as the beacon in the first game?
Rousseau

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Great read, mate.

There's a brief scene of Sebastian sitting up with an interesting camera angle I think suggesting he just transported to a new location like he does in the original game. The location looks like the Beacon Mental Hospital, which I'll get to but the tiling, wall, and pipes give it away. There's nothing else too interesting about the scene.

Those are 100% the walls of the catacombs in the first game (Ch.7) so I don't think it's Beacon.

Also, the cult insignia looks a bit different than the first game... Heck, even the insignia in the chapel shots you took looks different than the insignia in that place with the skull monster. Something fishy is going on...

Also, not sure if it's interesting, but from the press site, you can read the screenshots titles.

This one is called "Lost Woman"

Maybe the new haunted are called "The Lost" or something...

And the screenshots with Obscura is called, well, Obscura.

The one with the giant eye in the sky is called "Watcher"

The rest of the screenshots' titles had nothing of interest.
Rikitatsu

Postby Rikitatsu » Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am

Seems like the Green Gel is back
Rikitatsu

Postby Eithin » Jul 03, 2017 9:10 am

This is some absolutely A class analysis, appreciate the time to write this up.
Eithin

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak