Easter eggs for 1. Latest version I've seen, anyway.

(Discuss the game)

Easter eggs for 1. Latest version I've seen, anyway.

Postby berto » Jul 27, 2017 1:21 pm

I don't know about y'all but I only knew about five or six of these.

phpBB [video]

Let's see.
I knew about the pig, the dancing, the crows, fake ending, most of the posters, since I have the art book, the man on the window and the RE references. Everything else was news to me.

Two things, thought.
One thing nobody seems to get is that Serbian Psycho isn't just a reference to American Psycho, it's also a reference to a movie called A Serbian Film, quite possibly the most fucked up movie I've ever heard of.
Second is that this guy gets Mikami's RE credits wrong; he didn't create the first 3 games, he created the series, named the genre, directed several of the games and produced most of the games in the series before 5 which is around when he left.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Re: Easter eggs for 1. Latest version I've seen, anyway.

Postby Rikitatsu » Jul 28, 2017 3:55 am

I did NOT know about the pig! How do people figure this shit out lol
Laura's ghost is pretty cool

Also, I'm pretty sure the guy in the mansion isn't a reference to any SH characters, I think he was supposed to be one of the people in the missing persons posters, unless I'm misremembering
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jul 28, 2017 7:22 pm

Yeah he has his own poster. Fernando... something. I think. I'm too lazy to check. :lol: He was a Beacon patient.

I'm pretty sure he was part of cut content. A buddy of mine asked Johanas about him once, and Johanas's response was something like, "one of the biggest mysteries of the game lol!" which I took to mean that there is no real answer. He's just kinda there being spooky.

ETA: Fuck it. Here. :lol:

Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby SutterCane » Jul 30, 2017 3:33 pm

I knew all these except the DLC one about the film. I think I know a few more going by what counts here but they are relatively small. It's weirdly inaccurate in places too, small details about the director, you don't need to be in new game + to make the giant pig spawn and little monsters spawning from a machine is a bit of a trick on people that are expecting gel not really an Easter egg.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak