How do you arrange your weapons in quick-select menu?

(Discuss the game)

How do you arrange your weapons in quick-select menu?

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Sep 21, 2017 11:44 pm

I apologize in advance if a similar thread was already made, to my knowledge a thread like this one doesn't exist, but I could be wrong on that.

Like the title of the thread asks, I wonder how you players of TEW arrange your weapons/gear in the quick-select menu...I'll start by telling y'all how I typically arrange my weapons/gear in the quick select menu:

In the topmost slot, I place the default pistol there, in the right slot, I place some type of shotgun, either the standard one or the double-barreled pre-order DLC one, there, in the bottom slot, I place the sniper rifle there, and in the left slot, I place the Agony Crossbow there.

What I just typed above, in regards to my usual quick-select setup...just feels...natural...to me. Anything else besides that feels weird to me haha.

If I feel creative and want to experiment with grenades, sometimes I assign the grenades to the bottom slot in place of the sniper rifle, but that's quite rare for me to do, since when I experiment w/ grenades, it's usually enough for me to equip it to Seb's hands from the inventory menu and not assign it to a slot in the quick select menu.

So, members of Evilwithin.net, how do you arrange your weapons in quick-select menu?

edit: here's my image of how I arrange my quick-select menu, I wanted to include this image originally when I made this thread, but didn't have TEW installed on my gaming PC at the time

Last edited by ProgenitorCastle on Oct 20, 2017 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProgenitorCastle

Re: How do you arrange your weapons in quick-select menu?

Postby SutterCane » Sep 22, 2017 3:20 am

I usually wind up doing a restricted run that only offers me a few weapons to choose from and no grenades so my quick select is pretty easy to figure out. Last time was a no upgrade/ bonus weapon only playthrough of

Burst Pistol UP
Piercing Rifle LEFT
Double Barrel RIGHT
Machine Gun DOWN

Fun way to play too, it's the only way to use a machine gun and still have a semblance of balance. Boy do I hate the Burst Pistol now.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby dan76 » Sep 22, 2017 5:54 am

This is so weird, I was playing last night and wondered the same thing.
Pistol top, shotgun right, crossbow bottom and sniper left. I'll sometimes swap out the sniper depending on the area. I make the shotgun and sniper the opposite sides to each other because they're opposite style weapons.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Sep 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks for replying people! I find it nice to see other people's choices for TEW's quick-select menu!

@SutterCane:

Wow, didn't know there's a different type of sniper rifle, the Piercing Rifle? Now I'm curious to know more about it, like how it looks, and how it functions differently from the standard sniper rifle

@dan76:

Ha, you know what they say, great minds think alike re: "This is so weird, I was playing last night and wondered the same thing."

Also, I find your reasoning interesting re: why you tend to place the shotgun and sniper rifle on the opposide sides of eachother, makes sense to me
ProgenitorCastle

Postby SutterCane » Sep 24, 2017 3:18 am

More modern rifle and it pierces enemies but is otherwise the same. I thought this was kind of a strange topic but it wound up kind of interesting.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak