The Evil Within 2 Impressions Thread

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Evil Within 2 Impressions Thread

Postby Autoignition » Nov 02, 2017 12:29 am

SDF121 wrote:What concept are are you referring to? I'd be curious to see this "bald Sebastian".

Here's a full gallery of all of the concept art from Nakamura-san that I was able to save.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby extravagant » Nov 02, 2017 2:51 am

Is this game really glitchy for anyone?
extravagant

Favorite Title: REmake, The Evil

Postby berto » Nov 02, 2017 2:23 pm

I don't know if it's glitchy as much as unpolished. Glitches don't bother me as much as having to wait a literal 6 seconds to pick up items after I break the box or the game refusing to change weapons during combat. Turning around is also only a smooth action %50 of the time.
We are the Dream Makers and we are the Dreamers of the Dream
berto

Favorite Title: Shadows/Damned
PSN: Humberto_Ugalde
XBL: EsteNoEsGringo

Postby SutterCane » Nov 03, 2017 3:04 pm

extravagant wrote:Is this game really glitchy for anyone?

Yes. You get stuck climbing boxes every now and then causing Seb to freeze on the spot. Every now and then when destroying an enemy's leg the monster will not acknowledge the leg was removed causing it to hop around on one leg in a silly way. Harpoon bolt will go through an enemy, hit the wrong body part, frequently it will not show evidence of having hit the monster at all which is confusing. The Amalgam Alpha boss is very bad for bolts going through the top part.

Stefano's grab hit box is bad, all video game grabs are off a little, but what's worse is that once he grabbed Seb and caused both to fall through the wall. Seb came back but Stephano was too bored with his own boss fight to return, this was on Classic mode too.

Anima can appear during cutscenes in Chapter 3. If she does Seb will freeze in whatever animation the cutscene put him in. Quite funny to be honest.

None of that or the six crashes I've had really bothers me except the Boss fight glitch which lost me 10 minutes of progress. Movement is worse in general, that does irritate me.

Finished Classic in about seven and a half hours, I did all the side quests. If you don't do all the side stuff you could beat it much faster. Don't recommend it as a mode. It ironically is far easier than Nightmare unupgraded because the game gives you double or triple the amount of herbs and other resources. I died 5 times total all from messing about before the chapter 7 boss except once during it and once to O'Neal. The biggest threat is usually having to repeat something boring like chapter 1 and 2, I like limited saves but this was poorly implemented. It did up tension though a self imposed one save per chapter challenge would likely be much more satisfying and less galling when the game crashes or embarrasses itself.

At the end you get a unique picture, notably Joseph is in it in a background photo but his head is cut off ensuring he never gets included in the sequel.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby Autoignition » Nov 03, 2017 7:34 pm

SutterCane wrote:At the end you get a unique picture, notably Joseph is in it in a background photo but his head is cut off ensuring he never gets included in the sequel.

Uh... no? It's this pic from The Consequence as an actual 5x8 photo hung up in Sebastian's house, and Joseph's full face is visible in it in the shot, even though the photo itself is blurry.

Spoilers for classic mode clear screen.

That's also kind of an absurdist comment to make, considering the devs went out of their way to render up a whole new character model for Joseph and made sure that Kidman was very explicit about the fact that he's alive.
Autoignition

PSN: Autoignition

Postby SutterCane » Nov 04, 2017 9:01 am

Autoignition wrote:
SutterCane wrote:At the end you get a unique picture, notably Joseph is in it in a background photo but his head is cut off ensuring he never gets included in the sequel.

Uh... no? It's this pic from The Consequence as an actual 5x8 photo hung up in Sebastian's house, and Joseph's full face is visible in it in the shot, even though the photo itself is blurry.

Spoilers for classic mode clear screen.

That's also kind of an absurdist comment to make, considering the devs went out of their way to render up a whole new character model for Joseph and made sure that Kidman was very explicit about the fact that he's alive.

I checked my achievement screenshot the PS4 takes at the end and in mine his head is cut off at the neck. I might have to fix my screen settings by a millimetre or two. The comment is absurd on purpose because I found it funny that he almost makes the cut but doesn't quite make it into the picture fully. It still works for me as a visual representation of how the sequel handled the character.

The slide felt more about relaying the revelations of the DLC to players that missed out, and Seb, than providing any further detail or meaningfully including the character. Maybe if a Joseph DLC comes about I'll feel the treatment was justified but right now he looks like an aspect of TEW1 that didn't make the cut.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby berto » Nov 05, 2017 4:54 am

So here's how:
phpBB [video]

Put the subtitles on for english description of what not.
berto

Postby dan76 » Nov 05, 2017 8:05 am

berto wrote:So here's how:...

That's weird because I killed all the Losts under the cars. I also killed three Lost trying to break in. Maybe the hidden Lost don't run there, they just trigger them?

Cool anyhow.
dan76

PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby berto » Nov 05, 2017 2:22 pm

dan76 wrote:
berto wrote:So here's how:...

That's weird because I killed all the Losts under the cars. I also killed three Lost trying to break in. Maybe the hidden Lost don't run there, they just trigger them?

Did you kill them with stealth? Maybe killing the ones from the cars with stealth is the trigger rather than where.
berto

Postby dan76 » Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

I don't remember how I killed them. I think one might have been with an axe. I remember going up to all the cars to check anyhow, so maybe triggering all the cars makes the three around the back of the safe house appear. I remember being surprised they were there when I killed them because earlier in the game they weren't.

I wish there was another difficulty other than classic. Nightmare was fairly easy after playing it through on normal. Not much motivation to go through again. I guess it's time to leave it for a year and hopefully forget some of it. No upgrade runs are poor. It would be better to just increase the amount of enemies/HP and keep the upgrades.
dan76

PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak