Reddit Rumor About The Future of The Franchise (Probably BS)

(Discuss the game)

Reddit Rumor About The Future of The Franchise (Probably BS)

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 02, 2018 5:41 am

Since this rumor is baseless, I decided against posting it in the news section.

Basically this random guy on Reddit says he has info about the upcoming DLCs and TEW3... It's probably bullshit, but what the hell, I shared baseless rumors before (Remember that 4chan rumor about Randell Cooper the journalist? :D)

Anyway here it is:

created this account just for this, you don't have to believe me and I have no way to prove any of this but here it is:

Despite selling less than the first game Bethesda and Tango don't want to abandon this franchise at least until there's a complete trilogy.

Evil Within 2 will have 3 dlc episodes and they want them to be better and longer than the dlc for the first game(expect to hear about the first and the season pass in january).

The first one is focused on Esmeralda Torres and will show her kidnapping Lilly before the first game and the road towards her redemption in the second. It will be more action focused. It is called "The Plan" and the current release date is March 9 2018

The second is focused on Julian Sykes and will show him exploring a sublevel of STEM after his side mission, Anima and some new beings will be present. Tango wants this to be the scariest part of the game yet, stealth will be a priority. It's called "The Lost" and it will be released in May.

The third is considered to be the lead up to Evil Within 3 and will feature Joseph Oda as the playable character, the main portion of the dlc will take place during the evil within 2 main game but some of it will link to the computer screen seen at the end of the game. It is called "The Awakening" and it will release in July.

Plans for the third game are already being made, the current idea is to have it set a few years after the second with Joseph, Kidman, Lilly and Ruvik being integral to the plot. They want to have some gameplay as Lilly to explore mechanics of controlling STEM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theevilwithin/ ... nd_yes_at/

If true, all those DLC sound meh to me. Aside from the Sykes one.

And for TEW3, the premise is horrifying... And I mean that in a bad way. I do not want to see Lilly again, let alone play as her. Let her live in peace with her father.

It's very likely these are all made up though, mainly because if the game had 3 DLCs coming, then surely they would've announced the season pass loooong ago.
Rikitatsu

Re: Reddit Rumor About The Future of The Franchise (Probably

Postby Autoignition » Jan 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Already called bullshit on the Reddit post itself, so I'll just c/p.

Calling bullshit on this post.

1. Having concrete release dates set in stone already for all three DLCs makes no sense if you know anything about how DLCs are developed, unless we are to assume that all three DLCs are being worked on by three completely different teams (which would be disastrous in terms of quality disparity).

2. There's nothing about staffing or direction anywhere on this post at all, actually. Nothing about gameplay, nothing about mechanics. No indication of who in the studio is involved (not even Johanas or Mikami?). This reads like a fanboy's wishlist as opposed to a developer's perspective on things actually happening in the office.

3. If all three DLCs are meant to be "longer and better" than the first game's DLCs, then why do they follow a very, very similar release schedule as the first game's DLCs? That makes no sense.

4. Lily's name is consistently spelled incorrectly. For being such a major part of the main campaign of the game, you'd think anyone around the studio who worked on it or would be in the know could at least get her name right.

5. No attempt from the OP at any sort of credibility. Credible leakers will at least give some sort of indication as to their connection to the project, even in a vague manner.

6. It makes no sense from a sales/marketing perspective to not announce and sell a season pass at the game's launch if the first DLC is hitting so quickly after release. The Assignment hit the March after TEW1's October release, and that pass was announced in August.

This post just feels like some weak, late night /v/ shitposting tbh.
Autoignition

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Autoignition

Postby ghostcall » Jan 03, 2018 9:15 pm

despite the rumor does anyone know if TEW3 is in development or any news about Tango gameworks?
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Autoignition » Jan 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Last thing that I found was that interview I posted in the news section where Johanas said that he's sure that TEW still has many stories to tell. Hard to believe TEW3 isn't coming with a statement like that from the director, and I'm not surprised that Bethesda doesn't want to give up on the franchise. They're the only AAA third person survival horror series left on the market; it'd be stupid to give up that position.

I'm not sure if I want a TEW3 after the schlocky mess that was TEW2, but it is what it is.
Autoignition

Postby SutterCane » Jan 04, 2018 2:28 pm

I choose to believe this rumour, had someone told me there would be a TEW2 two years ago and that it would be the way it is I'd find it similarly hard to believe. That incredulity is proof enough for me of the rumour's truth. Two L's for a double dose of lost daughter.
SutterCane

Favorite Title: This, DC1 or RE

Postby liontamer » Jan 04, 2018 10:58 pm

I'd like to be optimistic about the future of this franchise but.. like, how can they unfuck the direction that they took story wise in the second game? While this does sound like a BS rumor, on paper it sounds exactly like the kind of direction that the franchise could be headed in. But I don't want that. I miss the psychological aspect of the first game. The mystery. IDK. It is entirely possible that my obsession with the first game has lead to insatiable expectations. I don't know what to think anymore. I think I'd like to have REmake 2 instead and shut up about Evil Within.
liontamer

PSN: breakdownthewall

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Another unsubstantiated rumor, this time from a ResetEra member:

The Evil Within 3 will happen - planning is already underway.

Friend is a developer at Tango - they have crazy work hours like you wouldn't believe. Obviously development may stop/change/become something else but yeah, it's underway.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you ... mes.14231/

I looked into this poster, and I learned that:

-He worked in the gaming industry
-Has lived 6 years in Japan

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-how ... ing.13255/

So he is more credible than a random Redditor in a Reddit fan sub. I'd say..
Rikitatsu

Postby Autoignition » Jan 19, 2018 11:41 pm

That's not surprising to read; Johanas all but confirmed this himself.

Looks like no DLC/expansion pack for TEW2 then.
Autoignition

Postby Rikitatsu » Jan 20, 2018 5:18 pm

I'd say if they don't announce the expansion/DLC by E3, it probably doesn't exist.
Rikitatsu

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak