Aiming mode got a change?

(Discuss the game)

Aiming mode got a change?

Postby yourfrag » Sep 27, 2014 6:15 pm

From last vids it seems, the frame rate on ps4 got really smooth and stable, but wtf they just did with when you aim? Before you could see Sebastians back, now you can only see the gun with hands. I hate it and im so unsatisfied now, I dont like it at all. :( To explain myself, I like the camera of 3rd person games even when you aim, like you have for example in TLOU, Tomb Raider, etc. every game that is 3rd person have it and this new change when you aim reminds me the 1st person that I dont like much. Really wtf?! Why they change it? Everything else is just perfect, just this small detail frustrates me :(
yourfrag

Favorite Title: The Evil Within
PSN: heragodx

Re: Aiming mode got a change?

Postby STALKERA90 » Sep 27, 2014 9:42 pm

yeah yourfrag aim camera is too close and it needs to be fixed or lets hope we can change it from option menu
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Postby 4PP » Sep 28, 2014 12:34 am

too late to change..... game is gold now

yes it sucks :(
bethesda lied when they say the aiming camera changes when you are in open areas... its bullshit cuz it didnt change when he was in the vilage!! (look at last videos )

no one believe me when i said it changed...
4PP

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Rikitatsu » Sep 28, 2014 1:09 am

At first, I didn't like it, but I began to warm up to it when I looked at it's benefits.

- You get to see the grotesque monsters in more detail, since the camera is very close.
- Sebastian's body doesn't block as much from the screen as before, it frees up most of the screen for aiming.
- Less jerky movement when in tight areas, remember how the camera suddenly gets close when a wall is behind you?

Also, it's not really first person. First person means from the POV of the character, in other words, you're looking FROM Sebastian's eyes. But the camera here is third person, just very close to the side of Sebastian's head.

Yeah it sucks not having to see Sebastian's body, but I'm sure it was done for a reason after a lot of fine tuning, the camera changed so many times and they finally arrived at what they think is the ideal view.

If I'm not wrong, The Evil Within is the first game to adapt this aiming camera? If it works well, I can see a lot of other developers using it. It seems like first person, but is actually third person. So it doesn't feel jarring when you aim.

EDIT: Here is a clip from the latest videos a friend of mine made showing the camera:
phpBB [video]

Now imagine if it was the old camera, it wouldn't look as menacing, right? And Sebastian's body would've blocked valuable space from the view.
Rikitatsu

Postby FadedBlackangel » Sep 28, 2014 1:42 am

The only way I'll really be able to tell if I'm comfortable with it, is to try it out myself. But maybe there will be an option in a similar fashion to how RE6 let you adjust the camera? I don't know.

But that's what sucks when you follow a game through development, you see something you like, and then they change it. =/

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby Tyrant » Sep 28, 2014 11:46 pm

ummmm. damn???? what the hell. -_-
Tyrant

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby yourfrag » Sep 29, 2014 7:55 am

Rikitatsu have a good points, but I just wish they let players decide through option to set up the view of camera when aiming, because everyone prefers something else and for me its better when I can see Sebastian's body. I dont like this zoomed in camera, but I will get used to it for sure
yourfrag

Postby STALKERA90 » Sep 29, 2014 12:51 pm

PLEASE shinji mikami let the players to change the camera in option menu this is the only thing that is suffer for me im soo hyped for this game and still can't wait for some real horror game last game i played was silent hill games
STALKERA90
THE EVIL WITHIN

Favorite Title: SILENT HILL
PSN: ruslan9005291749
XBL: STALKERA90

Postby yourfrag » Sep 29, 2014 2:11 pm

I just dont wanna feel im playing Counter Strike, I dont play 1st person games at all and it can not be that hard to put it back when the game had it before and let us choice.
yourfrag

Postby DaveOfTheDead87 » Oct 06, 2014 5:07 am

I like the view, makes you more emersed in the character, you still can't run when shooting, and turns gonna be slow, making you feel open to attack, specially from you blind spots. Doing it from the view of Sebastian being in front, was perhaps to cinematic-ie :/
DaveOfTheDead87

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: Daveofthedead87
Steam: Diamonfang1

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak