Real Puzzles, anyone?

(Discuss the game)

Should Project Zwei include real puzzles?

Yes, I love hard puzzles in addition to some straight forward ones
95%
Maybe easy, straight forward ones only
5%
No, I don't like puzzles at all!
No votes

Total votes : 19

Re: Real Puzzles, anyone?

Postby ProgenitorCastle » Apr 02, 2013 9:23 pm

I hope this game has multiple types of puzzles, both the riddle kind (water puzzle in RE3) and the backtracking get-keys-to-proceed type. For those puzzles, I hope they enhance the atmosphere of the game. In REmake, the death-trap-styled puzzles portrayed the mansion as a house of death. The mansion wouldn't be the mansion without those puzzles, since they add to the creepiness of it. However, timed puzzles are a put-off. In Onimusha, that puzzle to save Samanosuke, it was frustrating to beat, as was REZero's timed puzzle at the end of the train segment. If Zwei turns out to be a true-blue survival horror, I hope it has those types of puzzles described up top of my post.
ProgenitorCastle

Postby JasonDK » Apr 18, 2013 4:42 am

Does anyone still want that satisfaction of not having to be spoon-fed into getting past an intriguing and difficult puzzle? I think there are still a lot of people who like having their first play through of a game without any walk-through's or help because they still feel that there is a proper sense of accomplishment from struggling through them. It's something you don't find a lot of these days and it's quite frustrating looking for this element that I'm still passionate about in the games that are released today. I really hope this game would take me to that point again. I'm not saying I want the same thing but what I would like is a concoction of the same formula that made all of these survival horror games really amazing, so much so that I still don't mind playing these games today. Just my opinion.
JasonDK

Postby SG79 » Apr 20, 2013 12:07 pm

As much as I'd like to believe them right now, I'm not totally convinced that there will be traditional puzzles (like the V-jolt one from RE1). Likely environmental puzzles like God of War since the game will have to cater to action junkies as well.

That said, the art direction and serviceable gameplay will suffice for me personally as long as they maintain a consistent macabre feel.
SG79

Postby Sumio Mondo » Apr 28, 2013 6:24 am

Give me tense puzzles where you have to work fast to solve puzzles. Not timed puzzles so much as "I've got to complete this puzzle before the monster finds me and kicks my ass". Some puzzles which you can take your time with are fine too, of course. I just hope there's a good variety. Wouldn't mind the classic "box pushing" puzzles returning, either.
Sumio Mondo

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 2
PSN: harryangel666

Postby Nemesis85 » Apr 28, 2013 7:40 am

when I think about good puzzles, I think about those that you need to find and gather different items and/or different parts of an apparatus, put them in the right place and in the right order, and you hear this "click" and a door or a hidden compartment opens and ... . What I wish to see in The Evil Within is the ability to "Combine" or "Separate" things that we find in our inventory. Good old days !!! :-(
Nemesis85

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak