Alien Isolation REVIEWED HORRIBLY... now...

(Discuss the game)

Re: Alien Isolation REVIEWED HORRIBLY... now...

Postby EVILmadbrain » Oct 04, 2014 7:55 am

More reviews will come out prior to it's release, but the game has had mostly positive reviews. The more famous websites have criticized it for specific reasons, and I'm afraid that it will effect the sales of a AAA horror title...
My fingers are crossed for TEW, I'm expecting the game to get at least 80 or higher aggregate on Metacritic. I have faith in Mikami.
EVILmadbrain

Favorite Title: Resident Evil
PSN: MACHINEGUNKID

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 04, 2014 8:39 am

EVILmadbrain wrote:My fingers are crossed for TEW, I'm expecting the game to get at least 80 or higher aggregate on Metacritic. I have faith in Mikami.

I have faith in Mikami, too. But I don't have faith in the critics to appreciate his work. Godhand is a perfect example.
Rikitatsu

Postby Laphin » Oct 04, 2014 4:05 pm

I mean me personally.. I'm still getting Alien: ISOLATION just because, I'm a super alien fan, and I love that Sigourney Weaver came into the project. This will probably be the best Alien experience ever.. So I'm all for it myself. I think I'll love it. I really don't know why IGN and Gamespot reviewed it the way they did... probably because they got destroyed on HARD difficulty, but... that's no reason to give a great game such a terrible number. I mean... people bust their butt on a game for over 3 years... and you take a couple of minutes out of your life to potentially try and downplay the work and dedication that a development team put into this game... I think Alien will be a cult classic... This is one game, 'for the fans'. :} I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

As for THE EVIL WITHIN... I already know PERSONALLY that I'll love it.. but I just want to see one of these games do good on the 'numbers', because personally... if it sells well, reviews well, and has a great reception, then more games like it will come out... people will see once again that, "Hey.. horror sells.. horror is good." And I'd personally love to see horror come back as strong as it did back in the days of Clock Tower, Resident Evil, Silent Hill.. and those good ol' days when... horror was just about as big as Call of Duty is now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Call of Duty disappear in a trade off for some really well developed Survival Horror titles.
Laphin

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
PSN: Laphin
Steam: Laphin

Postby EVILmadbrain » Oct 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
EVILmadbrain wrote:My fingers are crossed for TEW, I'm expecting the game to get at least 80 or higher aggregate on Metacritic. I have faith in Mikami.

I have faith in Mikami, too. But I don't have faith in the critics to appreciate his work. Godhand is a perfect example.

The main thing that hurt God Hand was that it was not really targeted for the western audience, I don't think TEW is comparable but I can see where you're coming from. I hope reviewers appreciates Mikami's effort to revive old school survival horror as well as adding contemporary mechanics to the game.
EVILmadbrain

PSN: MACHINEGUNKID

Postby ghostcall » Oct 05, 2014 4:33 am

EVILmadbrain wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:

The main thing that hurt God Hand was that it was not really targeted for the western audience, I don't think TEW is comparable but I can see where you're coming from. I hope reviewers appreciates Mikami's effort to revive old school survival horror as well as adding contemporary mechanics to the game.

it more Comparable Reviewers like IGN Gamespot Dislike/hate Video Games that are Actually Challenging and not hand holding games and Shinji stated that he wants TEW Challenging.

IGN Alien Review is Perfect Example because the Reviewer bashed the game's Hard Mode for being Hard.
ghostcall

Postby Sebastian93 » Oct 05, 2014 6:37 am

I'll play Alien Isolation tomorrow,so I'll let you know :D
Sebastian93

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Postby Castle » Oct 05, 2014 11:38 am

I'm extremely excited for this game, almost as much as I am for TEW to be honest.
The pros and cons seem to be consistent between all the reviews I've read, so I'm kind of concerned about the ending and whether or not I'll go from being terrified of the alien to just being annoyed by it in the later half of the game.
"Sometime you're in a medieval castle, and before you know it you're riding a Steamboat."
Castle
Srsly you guys

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame
XBL: JakeCFH15

Postby Sebastian93 » Oct 06, 2014 4:35 pm

I played for a couple of hours to Alien Isolation and here are my impressions.

-What I like : I am a fan of Alien saga and I like the atmosphere and the environments of the spacecraft.
I also like the system of craft with which you can make medikits and other useful items.
Two hours of play and I have not yet encountered the alien,so I suppose the longevity is very good.

-What I don't like : In some cases I had the impression of moving forward only by trial and error.. For example in a huge
area I had to find the only opened door. There were too humans enemies with guns and they killed
me every time,so I decided to kill them one at a time. But finally I found out that the door was very
close and so there was no need to eliminate them!
Sebastian93

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak