Alien Isolation REVIEWED HORRIBLY... now...

(Discuss the game)

Alien Isolation REVIEWED HORRIBLY... now...

Postby Laphin » Oct 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Now I hope that "The Evil Within" can pull its weight and come out with a steller game experience.

I know the marketing has been very back and forth with both Alien Isolation and The Evil Within... now that Alien isn't such a big deal as everyone thought it was going to be, I think it's critical now for the "Survival Horror genre" in general that "The Evil Within" does well... I'm worried, because if it DOESN'T, then it will be a set viewpoint for all publishers and developers that, "true horror" just doesn't sell well. Because everyone will be saying, "Look at these two games... they both came out next to each other, and they both blew chunks.

I really hope that's not what happens and that Shinji pulls through with this game, making it a successful horror.
I love horror... but if too many games that come out in the genre KEEP getting bad scores... the industry will notice.

Shinji.... here's hoping that this does well.
Laphin

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
PSN: Laphin
Steam: Laphin

Re: Alien Isolation REVIEWED HORRIBLY... now...

Postby ghostcall » Oct 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Laphin wrote:Now I hope that "The Evil Within" can pull its weight and come out with a steller game experience.

I know the marketing has been very back and forth with both Alien Isolation and The Evil Within... now that Alien isn't such a big deal as everyone thought it was going to be, I think it's critical now for the "Survival Horror genre" in general that "The Evil Within" does well... I'm worried, because if it DOESN'T, then it will be a set viewpoint for all publishers and developers that, "true horror" just doesn't sell well. Because everyone will be saying, "Look at these two games... they both came out next to each other, and they both blew chunks.

I really hope that's not what happens and that Shinji pulls through with this game, making it a successful horror.
I love horror... but if too many games that come out in the genre KEEP getting bad scores... the industry will notice.

Shinji.... here's hoping that this does well.

Alien was Reviewed HORRIBLY only in a few sites most are very positive around the game.

The Guardian – 5/5
Total Xbox – 9
Xbox Achievements – 9
PCGamer – 9.3
Eurogamer – 8
Metro – 7
Gamespot – 6
GamesTM – 9
CVG – 8
Videogamer – 9
Games Radar – 4.5/5
IGN – 5.9
PlayUK – 9
escapistmagazine 4.5/5
polygon 6.5/10
EMPIRE MAGAZINE-5/5
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Morir es vivir » Oct 03, 2014 3:55 pm

I think this should be in the off topic section. Anyway, i got Alien Isolation pre-ordered for the simple fact that is the ONLY Alien game where the Xenomorph behaves like it's supposed to, that alone it's a buy for me. I want it to succeed and i think it's going to. Hopefully, next Alien games would take example from this one. The IGN review clearly comes from a person who has a WIDE perspective of genres in games, he most likely enjoys games that make him feel comfy. The guy says it's frustrating?, that's actually good!, i don't wanna walk around like i'm going to shop in the mall. Plus, that's the work of a reviewer....Say good things first, then talk shit....Job done....paycheck.... xD
Last edited by Morir es vivir on Oct 03, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morir es vivir

Favorite Title: REmake-DCut-TEW

Postby ghostcall » Oct 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Morir es vivir wrote:I think this should be in the off topic section. Anyway, i got Alien Isolation pre-ordered for the simple fact that is the ONLY Alien game where the Xenomorph behaves like it's supposed to, that alone it's a buy for me. I want it to succeed and i think it's going to. Hopefully, next Alien games would take example from this one. The ING review clearly comes from a person who has a WIDE perspective of genres in games, he most likely enjoys games that make him feel comfy. The guy says it's frustrating?, that's actually good!, i don't wanna walk around like i'm going to shop in the mall. Plus, that's the work of a reviewer....Say good things first, then talk shit....Job done....paycheck.... xD

Am i only one loved AVP games and Alien Trilogy?

phpBB [video]
''Don't change the product to meet what the market is, stick to what It's meant to be in your own vision, and people who share that vision will eventually come'' -Brian Hong.
ghostcall

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Morir es vivir » Oct 03, 2014 4:23 pm

^
I absolutely loved Trilogy on PSX, but the only AVP i enjoyed was AVP 2, i played that one A LOT on PC, the multiplayer was a ton of fun and the mods where amazing, specially the fear mods.
Morir es vivir

Postby Nezarth » Oct 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Gamereactor is a Swedish site that give really good and honest reviews and they gave the game a 9/10 and said that the game was really terrifing.

Gamereactor Review in a nutshell:

Pros:
Aesthetics to die for, well-made and dynamic monster intelligence, fantastic pace, cruel varied, surprisingly wholesome campaign, incredibly dense atmosphere, free exploration

Cons:
Abrupt end, unilateral human confrontations
Nezarth

Favorite Title: TEW & Alien

Postby Morir es vivir » Oct 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Nezarth wrote:Gamereactor is a Swedish site that give really good and honest reviews and they gave the game a 9/10 and said that the game was really terrifing.

Gamereactor Review in a nutshell:

Pros:
Aesthetics to die for, well-made and dynamic monster intelligence, fantastic pace, cruel varied, surprisingly wholesome campaign, incredibly dense atmosphere, free exploration

Cons:
Abrupt end, unilateral human confrontations

Good good good good :mrgreen: This game is also going to keep me busy and "calm" from the one week to go mark for TEW...Both on my PS4 Yummy!! :D
Morir es vivir

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 04, 2014 2:45 am

"REVIEWED HORRIBLY" ? They are mostly positive.

And I have a hunch TEW will have similar reviews (Lot's of 7s and 8s, some 6s, and occasional 9s).
Rikitatsu

Postby FadedBlackangel » Oct 04, 2014 4:14 am

People should actually read the reviews instead of just looking at the number (assuming your one of those people who skips to the end of the review). I say that because people weigh the same good and bad aspects of a game differently when deciding what number to slap on the overall game.

If I'm going to read a review for a game at all, I read a few of them and look for the same (or similar) positive and negative aspects each review talks about. If multiple reviews pick out the same good and bad aspects of the game, then you can probably safely say that the game has a good story, or gameplay, or whatever the good or bad thing is. That's how I read reviews anyway...

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Wii U: FadedArchangel

Postby dan76 » Oct 04, 2014 7:46 am

FadedBlackangel wrote:People should actually read the reviews instead of just looking at the number (assuming your one of those people who skips to the end of the review). I say that because people weigh the same good and bad aspects of a game differently when deciding what number to slap on the overall game.

If I'm going to read a review for a game at all, I read a few of them and look for the same (or similar) positive and negative aspects each review talks about. If multiple reviews pick out the same good and bad aspects of the game, then you can probably safely say that the game has a good story, or gameplay, or whatever the good or bad thing is. That's how I read reviews anyway...

True - every review I've read has mentioned the AI as it biggest strength and weakness. Also, the pacing and game length has been criticised in the positive reviews as well as the bad. It's tricky to imagine because it recreates the first film so well, but if this was stripped of the Alien franchise and was a new IP the reviews would be more harsh. The good thing to come out of this is that reviewers are up for a good survival horror.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak