My THE EVIL WITHIN Review (spoiler-free)

(Discuss the game)

Re: My THE EVIL WITHIN Review (spoiler-free)

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Can you please casually check out Akumu and see what's different? Are the enemies different or something? Or is it "enemies have more health/deal more damage" kind of mode?
Rikitatsu

Postby smbmaster99 » Oct 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Isn't there supposed to be a day-one patch when the release day hits? If so I think that'll fix some of the issues you mentioned, like the "invisible wall" and texture loading problems.
smbmaster99

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Postby mohdfikree » Oct 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Can you please casually check out Akumu and see what's different? Are the enemies different or something? Or is it "enemies have more health/deal more damage" kind of mode?

But I am too scared.
mohdfikree

Favorite Title: The Last Of Us
PSN: Emiratendo
XBL: I HATE MICROSOFT
Wii U: MohdFikree
Steam: Emiratendo

Postby chriskilla10 » Oct 11, 2014 4:09 pm

I am sorry dude from what I read you are too damn harsh on this game. First of all, your biggest gripe with the gameplay is a glitch that can be fixed with a patch,but yet you gave the gameplay 6\10. Hell I would have gave the gameplay a 9.5 if that is the only gripe.
chriskilla10

Favorite Title: REmake

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 11, 2014 4:11 pm

mohdfikree wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:Can you please casually check out Akumu and see what's different? Are the enemies different or something? Or is it "enemies have more health/deal more damage" kind of mode?

But I am too scared.

Rikitatsu

Postby mohdfikree » Oct 11, 2014 4:27 pm

chriskilla10 wrote:I am sorry dude from what I read you are too damn harsh on this game. First of all, your biggest gripe with the gameplay is a glitch that can be fixed with a patch,but yet you gave the gameplay 6\10. Hell I would have gave the gameplay a 9.5 if that is the only gripe.

But that's my opinion. You can have yours...if you have the game.
And Rikitatsu, I will do it, but not now. Sunday to Thursday are weekdays here. Will try to try out Akuma difficulty after work.
mohdfikree

Postby chriskilla10 » Oct 11, 2014 4:36 pm

mohdfikree wrote:
chriskilla10 wrote:I am sorry dude from what I read you are too damn harsh on this game. First of all, your biggest gripe with the gameplay is a glitch that can be fixed with a patch,but yet you gave the gameplay 6\10. Hell I would have gave the gameplay a 9.5 if that is the only gripe.

But that's my opinion. You can have yours...if you have the game.
And Rikitatsu, I will do it, but not now. Sunday to Thursday are weekdays here. Will try to try out Akuma difficulty after work.

I know it is your opinion but I didn't feel that it was a well constructed one that's all. Yes I haven't played it yet but I can still see a pretty poor review when I see one,and this doesn't go against you ,just the review. :mrgreen:
chriskilla10

Postby mohdfikree » Oct 11, 2014 4:47 pm

chriskilla10 wrote:I know it is your opinion but I didn't feel that it was a well constructed one that's all. Yes I haven't played it yet but I can still see a pretty poor review when I see one,and this doesn't go against you ,just the review. :mrgreen:

mohdfikree

Postby chriskilla10 » Oct 11, 2014 4:54 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
chriskilla10

Postby Nimrod » Oct 11, 2014 5:18 pm

Akuma mode is 1 hit kill, enemies from what I have seen are pretty much the same, but all can kill you in a single hit.

mohdfikree wrote:
dan76 wrote:Btw, how is the pacing, the flow of the game? Mikami usually gets this right.

When I played it for the first hour, I was annoyed, but then I got used to it. The crosshair when equipping a pistol/handgun lied to me for sometimes (like when I aimed at the enemy's head, my bullets didn't hit at all).

I've seen this on many a stream, Did you have auto aim on? Or Off? I have a feeling auto aim is borked.
Good review although the score was worse than it read, it is your opinion, Its something I'll have to experience myself to pass judgement.
Nimrod

Favorite Title: Fatal Frame

PreviousNext

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak