The Evil Within(PS3 version)

(Discuss the game)

Re: The Evil Within(PS3 version)

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 07, 2014 2:51 pm

dan76 wrote:
Seraphiel wrote:Most of the pop in is in the cutsecnes, ingame it isn't bad.

now the radio is spazzing out between 2 different looks and been focused on multiple times, so it might actually not be pop in?

Ok, so how do you feel about the game in general - good, bad? I'd be interested to know how much hand holding goes on. Are there loads of cut scenes interupting the gameplay?

He said he'll make a thread for impressions. I feel we derailed this thread enough already. (It's supposed to be about the quality of the PS3 version.).
Rikitatsu

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 07, 2014 2:51 pm

a)http://evilwithin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=432 if you check here I knew in advance when I'd be getting a hold of this.

b) bought the game on GMG for me and 3 people hurr durr pirate... (just hope it's not release day delivery like SoM)

On to the game:

Dusk I remember you comparing the game to have "half tank" controls? I don't feel like that in this version, you move like a standard TPS char in any game except you are forced to move the camera.

@dan

I am literally at the start of chap 2 because that guy killed my vibe, game plays well, just when I thought it wasn't gonna be scary it forced me to walk through scary places, controls are fine and I can't wait to get it on PC.

Worth a buy.

Story wise

major spoiler

Pete Hines spoiled us greatly, for those in the known, for those who don't well you will see.
Seraphiel

Favorite Title: RE4

Postby Dusk Golem » Oct 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Seraphiel wrote:a)http://evilwithin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=432 if you check here I knew in advance when I'd be getting a hold of this.

b) bought the game on GMG for me and 3 people hurr durr pirate... (just hope it's not release day delivery like SoM)

On to the game:

Dusk I remember you comparing the game to have "half tank" controls? I don't feel like that in this version, you move like a standard TPS char in any game except you are forced to move the camera.

@dan

I am literally at the start of chap 2 because that guy killed my vibe, game plays well, just when I thought it wasn't gonna be scary it forced me to walk through scary places, controls are fine and I can't wait to get it on PC.

Worth a buy.

Story wise

major spoiler

Pete Hines spoiled us greatly, for those in the known, for those who don't well you will see.

I noted this when I played the PS4 and Xbox One versions, the Xbox One demo build felt like a newer build (better loading, frame rate, and a few slight differences from the PS4 demo). The PS4 demo was from previous conventions I think, while PAX was the first time there was an Xbox One demo, so I think at PAX they had the older PS4 demo builds, and a slightly newer Xbox One build. I mention this as when I was posting impressions, I noted it didn't feel half tank-like which the PS4 version did. What I meant was how Sebastian turned mainly, but it was more modernized on Xbox One. So not sure if it was an animation thing or they decided to change something or what. Interested to see what the final feels like, though.

Be interested to hear more (though avoiding spoilers).
Dusk Golem

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey guys, so the PS3 Twitch feed seems to have been taken down for obvious reasons. Be careful out there though, Ladies and Gentlemen, something similar might surface again.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby zombz » Oct 07, 2014 4:30 pm

zombz
Zombz

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Thank Zombz. The game has definitely leaked then. Be safe out there spoiler free guys, it's a Haunted world ;).
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Sebastian93 » Oct 08, 2014 1:39 am

I am italian and in Rome there is a shop that claims to sell the game already. Here's a photo and Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/PlayerOneVideogames

http://imgur.com/50MZW2R
Sebastian93

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4

Postby j0siris » Oct 09, 2014 3:08 am

man I didn't realize this thread was still going. Its funny cause I actually caved in and ordered a PS4 for this lol. I just had to trade in an ass load of games to reduce the blow to my account, but it worked out fine. Kinda glad I did after reading a few posts on here about pop ups(one thing I CAN NOT TOLERATE, even just in cutscenes)its so distracting. Can't wait to play this
j0siris

Favorite Title: Silent Hill
PSN: DarkSageofSorrow

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak