General Impressions [PS3]

(Discuss the game)

General Impressions [PS3]

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Chapter 1
Game controls really good, pop in is only noticeable in cutscenes, loading is between 15-20 seconds I died twice to check it out.

The atmosphere is definitely there but I was not scared save for one part where I was forced to walk next to "something scary"

Story Spoilers [read at your own peril]

The whole first level is the sadist part we saw, with 2 more rooms after the slide escape from the videos. You land in a huge pool of blood, walk out, go through a sewer with a corpse in a wheelchair which I won't spoil hehe. After that you hide from The Sadist and run to the elevator like in the videos. Ambulance crashes and it's off to chap 2
Seraphiel

Favorite Title: RE4

Re: General Impressions [PS3]

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Good to know about the controls. Was hearing mixed things about it from the demo impressions.

Take your time and don't rush things. :)
Rikitatsu

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:Good to know about the controls. Was hearing mixed things about it from the demo impressions.

Take your time and don't rush things. :)

Will continue this tomorrow, company just came over.
Seraphiel

Postby 4PP » Oct 07, 2014 3:35 pm

cant wait for impressons

thank you seraphil :mrgreen:
4PP

Favorite Title: Silent Hill

Postby Jocifer666 » Oct 07, 2014 5:03 pm

I was really impressed with how the PS3 footage looked, on that Twitch feed. I had to ask and see if it was really last gen on the comments- and I wasn't the only one to do so. Besides the shadows, I felt it emulated the current gen quite well. It looked aeons better than the PS3 port of Isolation and New Order.
If you really want to see Mary, you should just die. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James.
Jocifer666

Favorite Title: Psycho Break

Postby Bioshocksurvivor » Oct 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Hey, I actually joined when I saw you were posting impressions. There's one thing I've been wondering since the game was announced, and was definitely hoping to find out before I buy it. I just wanted to know if the enemies are demonic, or associated with hell in any way. This is the route I've been hoping the game doesn't take. I don't want to know exactly what they are since the mystery is a big part of the game, just whether or not it takes that direction with it. Anyway, if you could let me know when you find out, or get a chance, I'd really appreciate it.
Bioshocksurvivor

Favorite Title: Bioshock

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 08, 2014 2:58 am

I'll say, did you notice the aiming camera pulling back in some areas? Or it's gonna be always like this:

Rikitatsu

Postby Terra2500 » Oct 08, 2014 3:49 am

I seriously envied that Seraphiel got the chance to play the game earlier.

And today was the worst day, I went to the game shop where I pre-ordered TEW and I saw the game was already in stock! So I politely asked the staff there whether if I can get it today and they won't let me! They said I had to wait till 14th then they can sell it to me!

Then what's the point of me pre-ordering it at the first place?! Anyway I'm not going to pre-ordered anything from that shop ever again...
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 08, 2014 4:22 am

To anwser the camera question, it always pulls back so you only see the gun and Sebastian's hands.

Chapter 2

You can definitely notice the last gen look in chap 2, no AA on the foliage, the open spaces don't look as good.

Gameplay wise it's mostly stealth because shooting your way through just gets you killed fast, I knew that so I stealthed through. Sneak kills are pretty forgiving as in if they are turning around you can still execute them and you don't have to be right up to them. Was discovered 3 times, 2 times I used the bottle trick where you throw it at their head an can sneak kill them even if they spot you, other time I just got a lucky crit and the haunted's head exploded after 2 bullets.

To be honest the chapter felt kind of bland until the
end where Sebastian pulls some Leon acrobatics rofl, that made it 10x better :D

No frame drops but really meh graphics, though that's expected of last gen.
Story spoiler

Oscar is indeed the first haunted, though he looks just like a zombie. The wire haunted and nail haunteds apparently happen when the light of the lighthouse passes over normal/semi normal people. That's all the story in chap 2.
Seraphiel

Postby Rikitatsu » Oct 08, 2014 4:32 am

Seraphiel wrote:To anwser the camera question, it always pulls back so you only see the gun and Sebastian's hands.

Chapter 2

You can definitely notice the last gen look in chap 2, no AA on the foliage, the open spaces don't look as good.

Gameplay wise it's mostly stealth because shooting your way through just gets you killed fast, I knew that so I stealthed through. Sneak kills are pretty forgiving as in if they are turning around you can still execute them and you don't have to be right up to them. Was discovered 3 times, 2 times I used the bottle trick where you throw it at their head an can sneak kill them even if they spot you, other time I just got a lucky crit and the haunted's head exploded after 2 bullets.

To be honest the chapter felt kind of bland until the
end where Sebastian pulls some Leon acrobatics rofl, that made it 10x better :D

No frame drops but really meh graphics, though that's expected of last gen.
Story spoiler

Oscar is indeed the first haunted, though he looks just like a zombie. The wire haunted and nail haunteds apparently happen when the light of the lighthouse passes over normal/semi normal people. That's all the story in chap 2.

Nice, thanks for the impressions!
I edited a part of your post that describes something in the chapter... Like I said, anything even slightly descriptive should go in a spoiler-tag.
Rikitatsu

Next

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak