General Impressions [PS3]

(Discuss the game)

Re: General Impressions [PS3]

Postby zombz » Oct 08, 2014 4:34 am

Seraphiel wrote:To anwser the camera question, it always pulls back so you only see the gun and Sebastian's hands.

Chapter 2

You can definitely notice the last gen look in chap 2, no AA on the foliage, the open spaces don't look as good.

Gameplay wise it's mostly stealth because shooting your way through just gets you killed fast, I knew that so I stealthed through. Sneak kills are pretty forgiving as in if they are turning around you can still execute them and you don't have to be right up to them. Was discovered 3 times, 2 times I used the bottle trick where you throw it at their head an can sneak kill them even if they spot you, other time I just got a lucky crit and the haunted's head exploded after 2 bullets.

To be honest the chapter felt kind of bland until the
end where Sebastian pulls some Leon acrobatics rofl, that made it 10x better :D

No frame drops but really meh graphics, though that's expected of last gen.
Story spoiler

Oscar is indeed the first haunted, though he looks just like a zombie. The wire haunted and nail haunteds apparently happen when the light of the lighthouse passes over normal/semi normal people. That's all the story in chap 2.

How is Juli as a character? The characters are friendly?
zombz
Zombz

Favorite Title: Resident Evil

Postby Biohazard8860 » Oct 08, 2014 4:35 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBfoL6A ... o-yd5hTtBQ Seems someone else got a early copy of the game.
Biohazard8860

Favorite Title: REmake
PSN: Jbird315
XBL: none
Wii U: none
Steam: none

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 08, 2014 4:48 am

zombz wrote:
Seraphiel wrote:To anwser the camera question, it always pulls back so you only see the gun and Sebastian's hands.

Chapter 2

You can definitely notice the last gen look in chap 2, no AA on the foliage, the open spaces don't look as good.

Gameplay wise it's mostly stealth because shooting your way through just gets you killed fast, I knew that so I stealthed through. Sneak kills are pretty forgiving as in if they are turning around you can still execute them and you don't have to be right up to them. Was discovered 3 times, 2 times I used the bottle trick where you throw it at their head an can sneak kill them even if they spot you, other time I just got a lucky crit and the haunted's head exploded after 2 bullets.

To be honest the chapter felt kind of bland until the
end where Sebastian pulls some Leon acrobatics rofl, that made it 10x better :D

No frame drops but really meh graphics, though that's expected of last gen.
Story spoiler

Oscar is indeed the first haunted, though he looks just like a zombie. The wire haunted and nail haunteds apparently happen when the light of the lighthouse passes over normal/semi normal people. That's all the story in chap 2.

How is Juli as a character? The characters are friendly?

There was not much interaction with characters at all, Juli had like 4 lines.
Seraphiel

Favorite Title: RE4

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 08, 2014 5:35 am

Chapter 3

More of the same in an open area. Lots of scavenging, if you play stealthy you get enough supplies, matches are really overabundant but maybe that's just because I am sneak killing every haunted/using 1hit kill items. I used maybe 3 matches? The
mini boss fight
was a lot more action-y but it was really easy since I abused the agony crossbow and all the trap parts I scavenged.

Traps and trap chests are easy to disarm.

Story spoiler

Village setting with stables/barns and a few houses, lots of traps, a sniper haunted and The Sadist. Used flash bolts to blind him and knife him, 3 of those + 1 explosive bolt killed him. Story was basically Jimenez lured a bunch of haunted away while I had to open a door, it was blocked by a quite sturdy chain and you guessed it...I needed the sadist chainsaw, he was conveniently chained up in a stable and breaks free when you return to him. Once he died he turned into those blood particles you see at the end of chap 9 demos and returned to Ruvik who walked away through the door I had to unlock.

Ok friends I don't know if I want to continue doing the impressions on PS3, the thing is I am enjoying the game and surprisingly it runs pretty ok at 30 FPS but the visuals are just not there for me and it's too dark on next gen, I don't feel like cheesing through by upping the gamma.

I'll play chapter 4 later and then decide if nothing else I'll continue on the PC at release date for those who can't get the game then.
Seraphiel

Postby Dusk Golem » Oct 08, 2014 5:51 am

Seraphiel wrote:Chapter 3

More of the same in an open area. Lots of scavenging, if you play stealthy you get enough supplies, matches are really overabundant but maybe that's just because I am sneak killing every haunted/using 1hit kill items. I used maybe 3 matches? The
mini boss fight
was a lot more action-y but it was really easy since I abused the agony crossbow and all the trap parts I scavenged.

Story spoiler

Village setting with stables/barns and a few houses, lots of traps, a sniper haunted and The Sadist. Used flash bolts to blind him and knife him, 3 of those + 1 explosive bolt killed him. Story was basically Jimenez lured a bunch of haunted away while I had to open a door, it was blocked by a quite sturdy chain and you guessed it...I needed the sadist chainsaw, he was conveniently chained up in a stable and breaks free when you return to him. Once he died he turned into those blood particles you see at the end of chap 9 demos and returned to Ruvik who walked away through the door I had to unlock.

Ok friends I don't know if I want to continue doing the impressions on PS3, the thing is I am enjoying the game and surprisingly it runs pretty ok at 30 FPS but the visuals are just not there for me and it's too dark on next gen, I don't feel like cheesing through by upping the gamma.

I'll play chapter 4 later and then decide if nothing else I'll continue on the PC at release date for those who can't get the game then.

It's understandable, interesting to see how you feel delving into the fourth chapter before calling it off, but be interested to see your thoughts and how long you played to get there at the end of your session here.
Dusk Golem

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 08, 2014 6:06 am

Dusk Golem wrote:
Seraphiel wrote:Chapter 3

mini boss fight

Story spoiler

It's understandable, interesting to see how you feel delving into the fourth chapter before calling it off, but be interested to see your thoughts and how long you played to get there at the end of your session here.

Well I still have to play the game, I'm just gonna hold off online impressions until PC. I got to the part show in the demo btw, upgraded my guns acc to max and crit to 4/5 and it's pretty good some damage too.

The difficulty comes from Haunted not letting you line up a headshot since they don't just stand around like most Ganados or Zombies in RE4, they rush you the instant they see you.

The damage and accuracy/crit increase is noticeable and I am glad it is, but maybe they give out too much gel? considering if I hadn't added some to matches and syringe capacity I'd have maxed 2 and a half stats already?
Seraphiel

Postby dan76 » Oct 08, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks for the impressions. Btw, what difficulty are you playing on? If it's casual that might explain all the green gel? Also, good to hear critical hit upgrades make a noticeable difference.
dan76

Favorite Title: Resident Evil 4
PSN: durangodan76
XBL: durango76uk

Postby Seraphiel » Oct 08, 2014 8:49 am

dan76 wrote:Thanks for the impressions. Btw, what difficulty are you playing on? If it's casual that might explain all the green gel? Also, good to hear critical hit upgrades make a noticeable difference.

Nope it's not casual.

Though I did luck out with

getting 10k from the goddess key lockers
Seraphiel

Postby Laphin » Oct 09, 2014 1:58 am

Terra2500 wrote:I seriously envied that Seraphiel got the chance to play the game earlier.

And today was the worst day, I went to the game shop where I pre-ordered TEW and I saw the game was already in stock! So I politely asked the staff there whether if I can get it today and they won't let me! They said I had to wait till 14th then they can sell it to me!

Then what's the point of me pre-ordering it at the first place?! Anyway I'm not going to pre-ordered anything from that shop ever again...

You DO know that stores receive games WAY before their street date release, right? Once a game goes gold, they make copies and ship them to the stores. Stores aren't allowed to sell them until their advertised release date. That's just common knowledge man.

The way these people get to play it first is either one of TWO ways. They torrent it (i.e. they've stolen it and burned it to play), OR, they have connections with mom and pop stores that, once they have it in stock... they don't care about the street date and just sell it. It's no biggie.
Laphin

Favorite Title: Alan Wake
PSN: Laphin
Steam: Laphin

Postby Terra2500 » Oct 09, 2014 2:39 am

Laphin wrote:
Terra2500 wrote:I seriously envied that Seraphiel got the chance to play the game earlier.

And today was the worst day, I went to the game shop where I pre-ordered TEW and I saw the game was already in stock! So I politely asked the staff there whether if I can get it today and they won't let me! They said I had to wait till 14th then they can sell it to me!

Then what's the point of me pre-ordering it at the first place?! Anyway I'm not going to pre-ordered anything from that shop ever again...

You DO know that stores receive games WAY before their street date release, right? Once a game goes gold, they make copies and ship them to the stores. Stores aren't allowed to sell them until their advertised release date. That's just common knowledge man.

The way these people get to play it first is either one of TWO ways. They torrent it (i.e. they've stolen it and burned it to play), OR, they have connections with mom and pop stores that, once they have it in stock... they don't care about the street date and just sell it. It's no biggie.

I know its common knowledge. The thing is they told me during the day I pre-ordered which is months ago that I can collected the game a week earlier before the released date. Since the game is already in stock and I happened to pass by the shop, I decided to ask them and showed them the pre ordered receipt instead of a good service provided, all they did was showing bad attitude to me.

And I'm not the only one, there's was another guy who also pre-ordered the game also asked if he too can collected and both of us got brushed off. I didn't expect the service there was very bad.

Anyway I don't want to argue on this. Since they asked me to wait till 14th then so be it.
When someone is miserable, they will need someone who is more miserable than them - Sebastian to Delsin (Crossover fic)
Terra2500

Favorite Title: Assassin Creed

Previous

Return to The Evil Within | Psychobreak